Old 05-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone! Hope you are having a nice day!

Pandora--Good for you for making sure you get breakfast even though you were running late! I used to struggle w/ eating breakfast everyday, now it has become part of my routine.

Beverlyjoy--Absolutely! I never thought if it that way, it really was a victory, the 'old me' would have eaten so much more!

Rhonda--I am sorry to hear about your gain, but glad that it has re-sparked your committment. I know you CAN do it!

theycallmemom--Sounds like you have a great plan for today! Your lunch sounds really good, I may have to try that!

Schmoodle--I'm doing better, thanks for asking. My stress level at work has lowered--not that there is less to do, in fact there is more, but at least the stress level is lower! I ate well yesterday and am doing well so far today.

I stopped being so diligent w/ my stickers and rewards, but NO more! I re-started that yesterday.

K, gotta bury myself in some work, but I'll be back later!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chickies - I stayed under 1500 calories yesterday - I am grateful. That's two good days in a row. Feels good after a weekend of being off of my plan. It is helping to write out all the food values along with the calories - really makes me think about it.

office work

stretches, exercises
lots of water
ice/heat
meditation
PMA

breakfast -kashi waffle, pnb, watermelon
lunch - egg white and lite cheese omlette, carrots
snack - yogurt, strawberries
dinner - lentil soup, salad
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

MJ5- Good for you - glad you are getting out your stickers!!! Great idea

Rhonda - it's great that you made your oatmeal and did a crockpot supper ahead. I hope you were able to get your walk in with DH. You CAN do this.

Theycallmemom - I hope you had a good day. I know it's hard with Teddy gone.

Schmoodle
- YAY - for your OP day. It feels goods - wonderful. Good plan.

Gosh where are the the accountability folks - hope all is well!

Have a GREAT on plan day! Be kind to yourself. Treat yourself like you would treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-21-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chickies, here's today:
B: peanut butter on nutri-grain waffle, coffee with milk, cottage cheese
S: tomato juice, lowfat swiss cheese
L: refried bean soup, salad
S: latte, celery with laughing cow cheese
D: leftover mahi mahi, 3 bean salad, green salad, brown rice
S: Greek yogurt with frozen strawberries

Ate some unplanned stuff last night. Had to throw out the graham crackers, couldn't handle having them around. I ate a few last night along with a piece of dark chocolate.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-21-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #19  
mj5

Good Morning! I have that "I got a good workout at the gym last night" sore feeling in my arms/shoulders. It feels great! I MUST keep at it!

Have a great day!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #20  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Chickies. Its just business as normal in my world today. 8 hours of work, followed by a walk with Hubby, then some American Idol....Go David Cook!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Insane work week right now, with far too many kid activities, eating out, etc. I've gained a pound back. Hopefully tomorrow will be more sane.

You all take care!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, it's me doing my whole, once-a-week. if I'm lucky post. I'm healthy, (but my ear still hurts once in a while). Of course, I'm off plan workout wise and have been for awhile. While my eating is normally good, I've had a binge here and there. I have to go a weigh in tomorrow at the Dr.'s office and I just know how disappointed she is going to be about it. I feel like all my hard work is going down the drain...but I am stronger this time around and I am going to beat this thing. Right now my focus is on the kids birthday, our trip away, managing my weight while visiting my grandparents, and then trying to get back on track when I get back home.

Anyhow, a huge hello to all of you and a big I miss you. I hope to be a more active poster when I get back. I've noticed when I post, I eat better and exercise more, irregardless of how sick I've been.

Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chickies....I stayed on my plan yesterday. I am grateful.

Today is storytelling, some garden work and some office work.

Meditation
Lots of water
log food and food values
stretches, movement
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle, pnb, watermelon
lunch - cottaee cheese and 1/2 banana, crackers, brocolli
snack - cheese on wrap
dinner - grilled lite cheese, tomato soup, carrots
snack - cereal, flax, milk, fruit

Have a GREAT day!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Alright...today might actually be a sane day, and I'm determined to get back on track!

Breakfast--1C of pumpkin flax cereal with raisins, 1.25C skim milk, hot tea
Snack--1 Laughing Cow lt cheese on multigrain flatbread cracker
Lunch--chicken with a dab of lt mayo and dill relish, All-Bran crackers, iced tea

Have done a 15 minute mini-workout with exercise ball and weights.

It's going to happen!

Last edited by Darkblue; 05-22-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #25  
mj5

Good Morning! I didn't go to the gym last night, but I took my dogs for a nice long walk. We all had a great time! I feel so much better today, I think I needed to change up my routine just a bit (plus I was feeling guilty about not getting the dogs out for a walk b/c we have been so busy!) I think part of my 'funk' was the fact that my mom is going to finish cleaning out her storage unit and we are going to get some more items that were in my parent's house. Just kinda stirs up the whole missing my dad stuff all over again. Plus, Memorial Day was a big deal for him and that's right around the corner.

Just by realizing that that's what is going on makes me feel SO much better about life in general. It's not knowing what was wrong that was really getting to me!

Have a great on plan day!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #26  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Chickies. Today is one of my headachey days, so I slept in and got a late start on my workday. I have tons of stuff to get finished because tomorrow starts my very long weekend. I don't have to work again until Wednesday. This is the weekend that the in-laws come visit and take the girls home with them. I have so much to do and I'm feeling a tad bit stressed. I keep telling myself that everything doesn't have to be picture perfect. God knows, their house isn't! Some clutter is okay with a household of 2 adults, 2 children, three 3 furbabies, one featherbaby and 2 tiny rodent babies, right?

The scales still aren't smiling for me yet. I had to change my hormone therapy and my ankles and feet are swollen. I'm also experiencing intense cravings for salt (which I never crave) and breads. I'll probably have to do some more tweaking of the hormones to correct these side effects. Being a menopausal woman is so much fun!(Hmmmmm.....maybe the hormones and the swelling caused today's headache?)

Ginger - I'm so happy to hear from you! I agree, I do better when I post here daily.
Mathpuppy - How are you? I miss you.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM   #27  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

good morning everyone! this is day 4 for me. I have stayed within my calorie range all 3 days, had 3 meals and 2 snacks - sometimes 3, my fitday pie chart looks GREAT, i've cut out the diet mt. dew, and i have had whole grains, a variety of fruit colors and have also found that keeping those low cal frozen 'diet' meals on hand are awesome for when I don't feel like cooking. That has always in the past been an issue for me, staying on plan when I don't wanna cook. (i've always done low carb before) Now I can just grab one of those meals and pop it in the microwave and still know exactly what I put in my mouth. I do keep it to 1 of those meals a day though due to sodium content)

Things I'm working on:
getting to bed by 1 am (I work til 10 pm get home about 10:30)

getting up in the morning by 10 (next week by 9:30 so I can start adding in a half hour walk

getting in more and more water (up to 60 oz on day 3)

by next week I will have a scale to measure food and ear buds for my ipod (since my ex husband left the last 3 pair out and the cats chewed them up!)

Things I'm looking forward to:

Monday is Memorial Day so I shall have the day off and be able to hang with friends. We'll probably grill out and I will STAY. ON. TRACK. by bringing myself a chicken breast to grill and eating the fresh veggies, skipping the chips and having a dab of the potato salad.

Cleaning my sty of a house. A clean house makes me feel relaxed. Plus, I can cook more with clean pots and pans! Though I'm using the Foreman grill a lot. I typically clean the house once a week, Saturday mornings but I slacked the last 2 weeks. It's not a pretty picture.

An interesting observation:
When I am 'dieting' or 'eating healthy' the rest of my world sort of... gets organized. Everything comes into its place and I stick better to a routine. Which, if anyone knows anything about bipolar, is a good thing. When everything around me is a disaster, I'm typically a disaster as well and thats when my healthy lifestyle goes right out the window. It's all interconnected.

thats my addition of thoughts and goals Have a happy, healthy day everyone!
gothik butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote