Exercisers check in here! May 12th - 18th

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This thread is to post any activity you do, to get support and motivation to move! Open to anyone

Hi Gang!

I was out of town until today, so thought I would get the thread started. Will post later with my activity.
  • I really enjoy this thread. When the exercise gets tough I think of my fellow posters and your enthusiasm is with me in spirit!
    May is going good for me so far, with nearly 75 miles walked/biked. Woo! I'm so proud because I HATED exercise, avoided it like a poison ivy grove for years and here I am.
    Got a short 1 hour bike ride in today. The winds were terrible, I was rained on and the trails were largely inaccessible due to flooding. But an hour is great!
  • Worked out Monday and Tonight. 30 minutes on the treadmill. JUST starting to "jog". feels silly saying jog as I can't go more than a minute every 10 minutes but it's still a little more than usual and gets my heart rate up.

Did a little bit of weights too.
  • did some walking today.

Discovered the exercise ball yesterday. That was killer! I can't move my arms, my legs ache, and my abs feel like jello. I'll have to do that one again.

I used to really hate exercise but I'm finding it more and more tolerable. I actually found I had biceps the other day...
  • FB - that is great! 75 miles!

Born - that's how you train to jog. A little at a time and add on.

jay - great job! The more you move, the more you want to move. It sounds funny, but it is true!

Today I did Week 6 Day 3 of C25K. 25 minutes of jogging! I did it all. Went about 1.5 miles during that time. I took it slow to make sure I got through the whole thing. Wore my new heart rate monitor and kept my HR at about 70% of the max the whole time.
  • Yesterday was 15 mins on the eliptical and 15 mins on the treadmill. 30 mins on the weight machines. Today was 45 mins of Zumba....way too much fun to be exercise.
  • Hello!
    Biked today, 18.5 miles. It gets easier every week. Looking forward to a 27 mile organized ride in July, which I'm committing to finishing. I know it's not a ton in cycling society, but it is to this fat chick!
  • I did another 30 minutes on the treadmill, and then 15 min of weights. It was a struggle tonight. I was tired. It would be much easier if I could get up in the am, rather then doing it after work.
  • Kim - I have been thinking about getting Zumba dvds. They look so fun!

FB - great job! That is a lot of biking, go ahead and take credit for it!

Born - stick with it, you will feel better about doing the exercise.

Yesterday I did my lower body bowflex workout. Then we did a bike ride of about 10 miles in the evening. Quite nice!
  • Quote: Kim - I have been thinking about getting Zumba dvds. They look so fun!

FB - great job! That is a lot of biking, go ahead and take credit for it!

Born - stick with it, you will feel better about doing the exercise.

Yesterday I did my lower body bowflex workout. Then we did a bike ride of about 10 miles in the evening. Quite nice!
    thanks fiber, I am really commited to living a healthier lifestyle. I just wish I saw the results quicker. My feet do hurt a little though, even still this morning. maybe I'll have to take it easy with the running part, which isn't a lot to begin with.
  • Hi all!
    Today I did upper body on the bowflex, and the C25K Week 7 Day 1. Another 25 minute jog! The first 1/4 mile is the hardest for me, then my legs get into the swing of things, so to speak.
  • Hey everyone! Good job on the workouts! I have not been doing much lately. I just can't seem to get back into it.

I did go swimming today in my pool. It was SO hot here...over 100 degrees. I did a lot of laps and actually tried running in the pool. It is very difficult to do but I did it for about 20 mins!! I will get back in the swing of things soon, I hope!
  • Thanks Lori. I don't give myself much credit because when I read cycling forums I see they're doing these 100 mile rides that looks casual to them.

Tonight was pure pleasure. 4.1 miles of walking and shopping at the mall. My favorite exercise! Once I'm done power walking I power SHOP!

Gurly? Swimming? You lucky ducky! It's so chilly here, in the low 50's. You'd think I live in Alaska, not the Midwest.
  • Hi all, it's been ages since I last posted. I got side-tracked, but now I'm back on my exercise schedule. I'm starting easy with my WATP DVDs. Yesterday I did 2 miles. Today I'm planning to do the same.
  • Yesterday- I did 11 miles with my Walk Away The Pounds DVD.

Today- I did 40 minutes Biggest Loser Cardio Blast and probably 3-6 miles tonight with WATP DVD.