Old 05-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ginger - I'm not a frequent flier, but I understand your anxiety. I had flown a couple of times as a teenager, then many years went by with no flying at all. 3 years ago we planned on going to Disneyworld and I had such anxiety over flying to Florida!! I remember I couldn't calm myself down no matter what (and of course ate and ate to cover up the anxiety).

When I was finally on the plane I had gum for chewing (to protect the ears from popping) and I also did a deep breathing exercise that I got from Dr. Andrew Weill's website: Breathe in nice and deep for a count of 4; hold your breath for a count of 7; breathe out like your pushing your air out for a count of 8. This worked like a charm for me. And I use it whenever I'm nervous or anxious. Enjoy your flight!

Schmoodle - Thank you so much for your tips. I've never thought that I am eating too few calories before, but I wonder if it's true. I've always thought I eat at night out of some bad habit, but maybe it's the calories. During the day I'm busy and "try to be good" and then at night I invariably just dive in to whatever (usually bad carbs) are around. I do this again and again.

I'll try to pay more attention to eating enough and you're right, sweets make me crave more sweets. Combining the apple with peanut butter sounds like a good tip. Thanks!
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #32  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I survived day one of the garage sale! I won't stay all day tomorrow b/c I am going to a wedding shower in the afternoon. Of course, I just realized that I need to plan ahead for the food part....hmmm, I better plan on eating before I go, I have no idea if there will be anything even remotely healthy there.

Schmoodle--Mmmm, a glass of wine, I think I might join you tonight! YES! An awesome dh is the BEST! He totally keeps me grounded!

Ginger--So sorry to hear you are sick again!!! I think you are doing a fantastic job w/ all you have been battling! I haven't flown in years, buy can you read? bring an mp3 player w/ favorite music?

Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi mj, here's some to help get you through today.

Where are all the chicks? So quiet around here, everyone must be busy!
I am down 2 lbs. today, yippee! Finally showing a loss for May. I would so love to be into the 170's by the time June rolls around. I just need to keep racking up those clean eating days and exercise minutes.

B: egg salad on whole grain rye toast, coffee with milk
S: tomato soup, lowfat swiss cheese
L: leftover cola chicken or eggplant lasagna, some veggies
S: latte, peanut butter on celery
D: Still need to think about this, sugar snap peas
S: rhubarb dessert

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-17-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks...what a great weekend! The plant swap was so much fun. There were 160 people with about 2700 for trading. The pot luck was amazing. I did indulge in some goodies. I am right back on program today.

today-

Lots of water
meditation
stretches
log food
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble, peanut butter toast, applesauce
lunch - turkey and lite cheese wrap, green beans
snack - yogurt, flax
dinner - I am not sure
snack - oatmeal, raisons, skim milk

I'll be back for personals later.

Have a good healthy day friends!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I took my kids out to a local theme park yesterday. We walked around for nearly 8 hours, looking at exhibits, riding rides, wandering shops. Surely I burned a calorie or two, right? Well, my weight is UP a pound this morning, darn it. I'm wondering if it's water retention, as the only things they had available to eat were high-salt items--burgers, chicken fingers, etc. I also drank about a gallon of water yesterday....bah. How long does it take salt/water retention to go away? Even my feet/ankles and hands feel puffy.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #36  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Ok, so yesterday I did NOT do so well. Actually, looking back it wasn't terrible. Good news, new day and a fresh start! I am right back on plan today! Unfortunately TOM is here and I am feeling all bloated and icky. I am really tired too, so I plan on hanging out w/ the dogs today. Hopefully I can find a good movie to watch.

Schmoodle--Great job, down 2lbs!!! Thanks, unfortunately it must have missed me, or wasn't strong enough....

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Great job getting right back on plan today! I'm right there w/ you!

Darkblue--I would bet it's water retention. Keep drinking lots of water.

Have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote