Old 05-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #1  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Feel out of control, but I'm not

I am not sure if I can phrase this and make any sense, but the last few days I have felt like I am not in as good control, even though I haven't really gone off plan (did have a couple brownies earlier this week - but didn't go way over on calories). Water and exercise are still there as normal.

I told DH that I felt like I am struggling a bit, and he said it didn't show. I know that outwardly it appears as though everything is the same, but the inner struggle is there. And somehow that feels like I am off plan. Does this make any sense to anyone?
To actually be on course, but not feel like I am on course?

I think it might be a really bad PMS or something. Normally the feelings aren't this bad. I am hoping that is what it is.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Lori~
I think it's normal to feel a little control or off track sometimes. It's ok. The good news is that your feeling out of control has not led you to eat an extra 3,000 calories per day! That's out of control!
Our minds do funny things adjusting to this weight loss, dealing with body image issues, and more disciplined life style. It's ok to feel a little off for a few days. Try not to stress about it, and keep staying on track.
Congratulations on how much you have lost so far!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi Lori,
I think it is normal to feel the way you do....at least normal for me! If I get hungry and eat something I wasn't necessarily planning, but I'm still within my daily alloted calories, I start to worry. I guess I have fallen off plan so many times in my life, that I'm terrified that one little mistake will send me back to crazy eating. The good news is that so far, I've been on track and at the end of the day, when I go to sleep, I don't feel that terrible guilt that I used to feel after inhalng the kitchen. I wish I had some words of advice. All I can say is that maybe this will pass once you maintain for a while. Also, maybe you're like me and you're hard on yourself? We need to make a conscious effort to have a positive internal dialogue. Sorry to get all Oprah on you!

Irena
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
. I know that outwardly it appears as though everything is the same, but the inner struggle is there. And somehow that feels like I am off plan. Does this make any sense to anyone?
To actually be on course, but not feel like I am on course?
Yes, this makes perfect sense. I struggle with the "head" part of this all of the time. If I may give a word of caution.....these are the times that I often veer off plan. I recommend taking some time to really think about why you're doing this and re-new your committment...maybe, write some lists, re-read some blogs or posts, look at some pictures...anything that can re-light the excitement and fire.

One other thing to keep in mind....we can't really trust our feelings. Feelings come and go. Trust your committment.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #5  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

I know how you feel. My son's birthday party was the other weekend and I had pizza and birthday cake for 2 days....I was within my ww daily points but I felt like I was being so bad and had fell off the wagon when I had not at all. I know I have been working my butt off and eating right and the scale is now showing a 31 pound loss but I don't believe it. For some reason I can't get my mind wrapped around the fact that this is really happening.
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Oh yes, I have been there a lot. Where you are doing really well but your head is just not in it. I would feel like I had cheated just because I kept thinking about going off plan, or maybe I just didn't feel 100% into eating healthy. The good thing is, if you stick it out and don't give in, it passes and then you are stronger. Hang in there. You're doing great.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #7  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
I think it might be a really bad PMS or something. Normally the feelings aren't this bad. I am hoping that is what it is.
I always get somewhat down when I'm PMSing. I've learned to recognize it, realize that it will pass, and find comfort in non-food ways. For example, maybe ask your husband for an affectionate backrub, or some time spent together cuddling on the couch and watching a movie. Or take a warm bath and pamper yourself physically a bit. Wear your favorite PJs and wrap up in a cozy blanket, curl up with a good book, and get some extra sleep.

Then, in a few days, you'll probably feel emotionally and physically fine again. Just don't be hard on yourself if it is the PMS blues; there's nothing wrong with you, you're just a little more emotionally sensitive.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I think you just phrased this perfectly. That's exactly how I've been feeling. I know that I have been off for the last week and I feel like it's time to regroup. I'm hoping it['s just leftover from TOM since this last one was pretty rough on me.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #9  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
I would feel like I had cheated just because I kept thinking about going off plan, .
Yes, this is exactly it. Guilt by association, I guess.

I know it will pass, but it is a pretty uncomfortable feeling currently. I have no plans to go off plan, my food is all written out for the day already - and the exercise is scheduled in for later.

And thanks to all of you understanding what I mean!!

Last edited by fiberlover; 05-09-2008 at 01:24 PM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I think you put it just right! it's hard to stay in the zone and keep your head in the game 24/7 ~ but at least thinking about NOT being the zone can make you focus on the zone...wow that makes no sense LOL

I think talking and writing about it can only be a GOOD thing
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I totally understand how you are feeling and what you are saying. It's kind of like the food and the plan are on shakey ground. Let's face it...some days are easier than others. To the reverse...some days are harder than others. When I feel "shakey" with my food, I get scared that I'll lose any sanity with food that I've had.

Every now and then I kind of regroup - look at my goals - and recommit. At first I was doing this healthy eating to bring down my lab numbers. When they got to be normal, I started floundering. I had to find a new focus - so, the next focus was heading for Onederland. Now that I've reached it...I feel shakey too - time to find new goals to keep me going strong.

I surely understand how you're feeling. You are not alone in this.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #12  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I'm sure it is just some PMS and will pass soon enough. But until then I think it goes to show how much all of our thinking has changed during this process of losing weight.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote