3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What kind of rewards do you use for yourself? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/141720-what-kind-rewards-do-you-use-yourself.html)

mtnheart 05-06-2008 02:38 PM

What kind of rewards do you use for yourself?

I need some ideas for goal rewards. I have my goal broken down into 2.5% of my start weight. I wanted to give myself a reward at 2.5 and a larger reward at 10% intervals. I just wondered what everyone else has come up with.

Thanks, This should be fun and interesting!

mj5 05-06-2008 02:45 PM

I am all about rewarding myself for my hard work! I reward myself for 14 on plan days--don't have to be in a row, but if they are the reward is a little bigger. My rewards are different each time--a book, getting my nails done, a new purse, ear rings, whatever sounds good at the time, but always something for me and only me.

Trazey34 05-06-2008 02:46 PM

this does sound fun and interesting!

for myself, 'rewards' don't really work - i'm spoiled and indulged and that's how i got to 300+ lbs, if i want something i get it ~ i can't wait til i lose 10 lbs. to buy a new book or something LOL I believe the technical term is "spoiled-brat-itis" or something about instant gratificatin? hmm, not sure which! I get the biggest kick/rush out of trying on old clothes - having stuff fit is my reward

bethbeth 05-06-2008 02:58 PM

My ideas: manicure, hair cut, new work out DVD, new work out clothes, new shoes, Bob Harper's new book, new underwear, new CD.

fiberlover 05-06-2008 03:00 PM

I reward myself for each decade I enter.
I have gotten CDs,
sheet music,
books
and just got myself a new rose bush for the last decade.

tac2bz 05-06-2008 03:19 PM

Ahhh - the REWARD! I allow my "treat" IF the scale has gone down for the week AND I exercise at least three times during that week. This week, my treat was a banana split. Before you gasp and say "no way!"...it was 1-1/2 bananas, one small scoop of ice cream and barely a drizzle of FF choc. syrup. How's that for motivation to lose and exercise?! It was soooo worth it!

tabitha 05-06-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trazey34 (Post 2188389)

for myself, 'rewards' don't really work - i'm spoiled and indulged and that's how i got to 300+ lbs, if i want something i get it ~ i can't wait til i lose 10 lbs. to buy a new book or something LOL I believe the technical term is "spoiled-brat-itis" or something about instant gratificatin? hmm, not sure which! I get the biggest kick/rush out of trying on old clothes - having stuff fit is my reward

lol, I love your honesty and I know exactly how you feel! :D

I totally agree with you about the trying on old clothes thing, and also about shrinking out of current ones - my current jeans are almost too big for me, and that's a lovely feeling!

Boomcha 05-06-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

i'm spoiled and indulged and that's how i got to 300+ lbs, if i want something i get it ~

:rofl:

Me too!

But...what I never have is time for myself so my first mini-goal reward when I'm down 30lbs is some spa time for a facial and massage (to continue the spoiled and indulged theme hehe).

Katheryne 05-06-2008 06:05 PM

Whenever I meet small goals on a weekly basis I get little rewards for myself. These goals end up being anything from staying on plan for a week, meeting an exercise goal (exercise for a certain amount of time, beating my previous distance record for jogging, etc.), or something like getting in all my water. They're never related to the number on the scale, since I don't have direct control over that.

My rewards are rarely above $10. I'm a coffee nut, and for the last few weeks I've been ordering 1/2 lb bags of flavored coffee. Last week was chocolate chip cookie dough, this week was world class chocolate :D

xGurlyGrlx 05-06-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

You are so funny!! I feel the same way though. When I think I "deserve" a reward...I usually want food...NOT good!

My favorite "reward" is being able to try on my old clothes that didn't fit before. I like the idea of a reward...but I usually just buy what I want. Maybe I should try and work on it! ;)

Apple Cheeks 05-06-2008 08:39 PM

I always make sure my rewards are not food because that's how I got into this mess to begin with: I could rationalize things at anytime as to why I deserved to eat something I knew I shouldn't! (I'm not taking a judgemental swipe at anyone here--it's just something I noticed about myself).

So, my treats now are things I really want to have but wouldn't buy otherwise for whatever reason. Some of the rewards on my list are:

* Nail polish & decals
* New shoes
* Download new iPod songs
* A trip to a day spa, with a mani/pedi & massage
* A $100 shopping spree anywhere I want

The rewards get bigger & better as I lose more weight.

I am also trying to figure out maintenance rewards-- such as treating myself to something every 6 months I maintain my goal weight. Another poster on this site mentioned that she keeps a charm bracelet and adds a new charm every year. I love this idea and will probably steal it! :devil:

thistoo 05-06-2008 08:57 PM

Because I teach classes for work, I need one 'professional' outfit in whatever size I happen to be. I suppose it's not that much of a reward considering it's for work, but most of the time I just wear whatever's cheap because I don't want to spend a lot on clothes I won't need for that long (in theory, though it hasn't worked that way so far!).

Anyway, when I got into a size 18 I bought myself a new 'teaching' outfit that fits well and makes me feel confident when standing in front of strangers teaching them how to use computers.

Huh. I think I need to come up with better rewards ;)

3Beans 05-06-2008 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=Apple Cheeks;2188870]I always make sure my rewards are not food because that's how I got into this mess to begin with: I could rationalize things at anytime as to why I deserved to eat something I knew I shouldn't! (I'm not taking a judgemental swipe at anyone here--it's just something I noticed about myself).

I totally agree with you. I don't want to conceptualize any kind of food as a reward for good behavior rather than as part of how I keep my body and mind healthy and happy. And I don't want my rewards to interfere with my plan, which includes the occasional treat anyway.

The spa services though, mmm. I love that stuff. And it makes some kind of logical sense to me - I've got my body working hard toward my goal, so a body-oriented reward seems apt.

xGurlyGrlx 05-06-2008 09:24 PM

Just to clarify - I wasn't saying I reward myself with food. That is usually what I want...but I don't do it. I don't do rewards, as of yet, because I just buy what I want anyways. I think I should try it out though. I like the charm bracelet idea for maintenance.