Old 05-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You have found a great place for support and advice. I've learned over the many bumps in the road that the weight loss trip is all about trial and error. As long as you are trying you are partly succeeding. If you try something and it doesn't work for you, try something else. You will find something that works for you and start losing your weight and being a healthy person.

In my past endeavors I've always had a reason for losing weight—to be healthy for my kids, for my husband, for my family, for whoever. It was never totally about me. This time I am being 100% selfish. It is all about me and what I need. I know in the process I am already healthier and play with the kids more, have more of a drive *wink* (see exercise makes me amorous) and I love the way I'm living my life now.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/169/115

Height: 5'2"

Apparently obesity is even more damaging to an individual's health than smoking is but since you've been smoking again for such a short time you should really try to stop again now as it'll be so much easier now than a few months down the line. (I couldn't post the link I was trying to post about obesity being worse than smoking because I don't have enough posts, but it was to BBC News here in the UK so trustworthy).

Congratulations on making the decision to lose the weight! If you think that being accountable for your weight might be good for you then you might want to look at a club like weight watchers? Good luck!

Last edited by tabitha; 05-02-2008 at 04:28 PM.
tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

A friend of mine lost over 100 pounds, got down to 115 (she is short so that is a healthy weight for her) and was exercising daily and eating very healthy, but she kept smoking, and she at 115 pounds had a heart attack and bypass surgery. She quit smoking then.

Of course the best course of action is to address both issues! So good luck with BOTH issues, and you have found lots of support here for weight loss.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/169/115

Height: 5'2"

My father died of a heart attack very suddenly a few months ago. He never smoked (and was very rarely if ever in smokey enviroments), drank very little (and when he did drink, it was the odd glass of red wine which is supposed to be good for you) and was fairly active, but his diet was unhealthy and though he was never obese, he was overweight for a long time. He died because of what he ate.

But you're absolutely right, Lyn2007, that the best way forward is to address both issues, this is all about trying to become the healthiest person we can be.

Last edited by tabitha; 05-02-2008 at 07:18 PM.
tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #20  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

HI!

Just start out with small steps, and remember progress not perfection. Good Luck...you can do it!!
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote