3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Thank you (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/140749-thank-you.html)

lifechange 04-25-2008 11:19 AM

Thank you

I just wanted to express my thanks for this site. I started on my life change on March 28 2008 and if it wasn't for this site I am not sure I would still be committed and moving forward. 150 lbs of weight loss seemed daunting at first. In fact when I woke up on March 28 and decided that I was changing my life- my health and the way i eat there was no way I was going to get on a scale. I found this site and started looking at it differently- it can be a motivator. When I saw the number on the scale I was devastated. It is funny I on my spreadsheets I am tracking 86 lbs and down not 286. I am afraid someone will see it. As if they don't realize I am fat just by looking at me. Ridiculous. Anyway, not fat as a teenager, but I have always had body image issues. Anorexic at age 14 due to some family stress stituations. Gained some at university. Lost 30 lbs before I got married 19 yrs ago- stayed fit and active but stopped getting on the scales. Weight krept up- 2 children- then lost about 90 lbs (220-130 around 8-9 yrs ago)yada, yada.
So why am I thankful. This site drives home how many of us have the same story the same struggles. Weight loss the first two weeks were great, nothing really in week 3. If I hadn't searched your site and realized it was the loss of water in the first two weeks balancing out, I might have given up.
I don't have a problem with will power once I make my decision, but if i get frustrated that is a different story. I have also realized that I need to stop looking for reasons for my weight gain. The bottom line is I like food. There was nothing better for me than sitting down with a good book and a bag of doritos. No more. I also know that I will need to monitor my daily food intake and weight for the rest of my life or I will gain the weight back as I did previously.
I know that I will gain strength from reading other posts through my journey, it really helps to see everyones successes and frustrations.
Thanks!! This time it is for good.

Tai 04-25-2008 11:44 AM

A warm welcome to you! 3FC's is a wonderful site to be sure. Try not to get overwhelmed by the total amount you'd like to lose; just take it one pound at a time and you'll get there!

GirlyGirlSebas 04-26-2008 11:52 AM

I'm so glad you decided to join us. And, keeping track of he number 86 rather than the whole pictre (286) is not such a bad idea.

findingfawn 04-26-2008 12:40 PM

I love the idea of the 86 instead of the big picture. I'm so happy you have joined us! We all have so much to learn and share with each other!

michellenew 04-26-2008 01:35 PM

Glad that you decided to join us! 3fc rocks!
michellenew