knitsforfive & skinnydogmom I have questions

• skinnydogmom, how has your weight lose been since you started exercising? I've been exercising since Feb. and not losing anything. I exercise five days a week 1 to 2 hours a day. I'm trying to figure out what needs to change in my eating and exercise to actually lose weight.

Knitsforfive- you say you eat about 1700 to 1800 calories a day. Do you eat less on the days you don't exercise? With those calories and your exercise routine are you losing your weight? Did you up your calorie intake once you started exercising.

I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong!
  • Hi Becoming. Congratulations of joining here and eating well and exercising.

I do stay in the lower range of my calories on the days I don't exercise (which is only once per week). I have consistently lost 10 lbs. per month eating in the 1700-1800 range. However, now, after 61 lbs., it is time for me to drop down in calories -- so starting today, my range is 1600-1700. If this doesn't break my short plateau, I will add about 10 more minutes of exercise a day.

My dr. upped my calories a bit when I started exercising 5 times a week. It went from 1500-1600 to 1700-1800. We kept it there when I increased exercise to 6 days a week.

I hope that helps. You're in the right place to really get great support for your journey!!