Happy New Year!!

• It's finally over..... Tax Season 2008 is behind me - and today is like my New Years Day

Only its BETTER this year than ever!!! Because this is the first year I'm not starting my diet. And yesterday was the first time in 7 years that I did not spend April 16 (and I steal a quote from Trazey for this one) stuffing my face like a "frat-boy"!

I quit smoking in November, 2000, and I was almost 100 lbs lighter than I am now. And each year I would be out of control for these 3 1/2 months, and then try to lose weight during the summer/fall, and then by November I'd throw in the towel, and say that the holidays were coming, and then "tax season". As if a person couldn't be busy at work and eat healthy! And so I took 1/2 step forwards, and 3 steps back....

But this year was different!!! And I'm just tickled pink that I did it!! And I owe sooooo much to this web-site. Every morning I was able to post, and keep focused on why this is important. And when I would get stressed during the day, and want to eat, I would log on and read an inspirational story! And instead of starting over today, I'm just continuing on with my healthy life-style.

Thank you all for your support and kindness
  • What a great post - congrats on all of your successes!
  • Oh that is so fantastic! Wonderful job!
  • Way to go!
  • Beth, awesome job! Congratulations!