In Denial

• This may sound weird but did/do you get in denial about the numbers on the scale? I'm doing ww at home and have been on the plan for going on 6 weeks. After the first month I weighed in at the Dr.'s office and it showed a 13 pound loss. I was sooo excited!! I was about to start my period 2 days after the appointment so i decided not to weigh in the next Friday because I know alot of you say you have a weight gain during the time. When TOM was over, I weighed in again (1 week after my Dr. appt.) and my weight loss showed I have lost a total of 21 pounds!! I could not believe it, really...I kept moving the scale from place to place to make sure I always got the same reading. I even made my mom get on the scale to make sure her weight was the same. I weighed in the next day to make sure and it showed another 1 pound loss! I was/am excited but it seems to good to be true. I am strictly following plan and exercising everyday so I know I'm really working hard so why do I doubt this is really happening?
  • I do know what you mean. Sometimes I hear what my weigh-in is and I think "really?! oh yay!... really?! OH YAY!"
  • It probably is part of self doubt - doubt that we really can lose weight, for real.

Course, then there is the flip side: "What??? I gained??? That can't be right"
  • That's great! Congrats!
  • I'm in such denial right now with my weight. I honestly believe the scale is lieing to me and it drives my hubby insane. I don't know why I do this but its just the way I think I guess lol. You are doing great, so keep it up girlie!
  • Just wanted to offer you a and tell you that you are doing a great job!! Way to go!
  • Yup! I used to do it all the time. I've been through 3 different scales already thinking there was something wrong with them. Now I believe the number as long as I get on and off at least 4 times and get the same number.
  • Oh the things we do to make the scale agree with us ! Your doing great. Keep doing what your doing.

Kellsua
  • Sometimes i dont want to believe it. If its gain i think its just a malfunction and if its 4lbs lost i think the same. I noticed depending how/where you stand on the scale matters so i stood on my scale and bent down and traced around my feet. silly i know, but this way i know that i am getting an accurate number instead of doing it 10 times. GREAT JOB BTW!