Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #1  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Unhappy I weighed a little early

I weighed a little early. I told myself not to do it, but I wanted to see how I was doing scale wise. Well I'm up 3lbs. I think I know why. I'm feeling very puffy, and salted out. I'm thinking my salt intake is to high. It's so devastating to be 290 again. I've been working so hard. I'm exercising everyday. I'm watching what I eat. UGHHHHHHHH giving up is so easy to do right now. I tried so hard to gwt out of the 290's, and when I weighed in last week it said 287, and I was so excited. My goal for this week was to be at 283, I guess not now.

Thanks for listening to me vent
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Make sure you drink plenty of water.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Don't weigh early. That's the scale trap, since it can change from day to day.
Weigh in again on your scheduled day, drink lots of water from now until then to help get rid of the excess.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

Please don't feel too discouraged. You said yourself it could be the salt, and it's not your regular weigh-in day. Just wait it out and see what happens. You're doing such a fantastic job!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

"I've been working so hard. I'm exercising everyday. I'm watching what I eat."

Please, don't be discouraged. Weight loss is NOT an immediate gratification type thing. It takes time til we get it all down pat and our bodies adjust.

But I must say, one thing stood out from your post. You say you "watch what you eat.". I was just wondering what exactly that means. Are you calorie tracking? You might want to check out an on line calorie counter, such as Fitday.com to tally in your calories. It can be quite the eye opener. I know for me "watching" never worked. I without a doubt need the accountability and forced portion control of actually counting/tracking my calories. It is SOOOO incredibly easy to go overboard on the calories without even realizing it.

Hang tight. Don't give up!!!! WIth a little tweaking here, a little experimenting there, you WILL find what "works" for you. All the best.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I see that you have lost 14 pounds, that is a great start ! Don't give up now. Do you have a diet and exercise plan ? I find that I must plan ahead or I will not be successful at losing and maintaining.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Robin gave the best advice I can think of. Make sure you are tracking, not just watching.

Keep on plugging along, you may need to play around with what you are doing to find what works for you!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #8  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Woa girl! Don't get so down.

I'm at the same weight as you, and shoot, a three-pound fluctuation signifies nothing at this size. I weighed in Monday morning at 272, but I'm sure by that evening I probably weighed 275-276. Last night I freaked out big time because I stepped on the scale and it was around 279 (I drank a TON of water yesterday and was bloated in addition to that), but then this morning it was back down to 272ish.

How early did you weigh? A few days, or a few hours? Did you weigh at the same time of day? If you're bloated, you're carrying a few pounds of water. Don't let the number deter you. Just use the scale for encouragement. When I saw the super high number, I was like, "Wow, I need to get my butt in gear." It's better to have that kind of reaction than to get down on yourself. Remember that the numbers are always, always reversible.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #9  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

My weigh in date is on Sunday as soon as I wake up. I don't write down everything I eat (although I know I should) because then I feel like I'm depriving myself of something. Sounds weird I know! I know it's the salt so I'm staying positive, and I will never ever weigh early again! I just finished doing the Biggest Loser Bootcamp. I'm gonna go in the shower and then take the kids to the park. Thank you all so much for reading my post and giving me advice! I feel much better!
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #10  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

You can't let the little ups and downs get to you they WILL drive you mad. If you insist on weighing everyday or more then once a week (I'm Guilty of that!) then you need to just go with the flow I see as much as a 3lb flux from day to day and more when its TOM.

Drink the water, give it a few days don't let the #s rule you if it really is just a salt issue you didn't gain fat so it's no big deal.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent View Post
I don't write down everything I eat (although I know I should) because then I feel like I'm depriving myself of something. Sounds weird I know!
Salty foods can definitely tip a scale upwards.

As far as writing things down and feeling deprived, well I would hate for you to work so hard, go overboard on the calories and truly deprive yourself - of weight loss, and of being the very, very best YOU that you can possibly be. Just something to think about, down the road perhaps.

I hope you enjoyed the park.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-17-2008 at 02:30 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I have found that by writing things down I have learned that I don't have to deprive myself of anything. If I want chocolate, I work around it and am also forced to watch my portion sizes.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote