Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #31  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys.

Last night I overate. I was in feedbag/pity party mode. I'm hormonal and bloated and miserable. But it is soon TOM, so I think that's what's causing my bout of insanity. I also didn't exercise that much -- did some weights, tho.

Did anyone start spending more money once they tried to defeat their food addiction? I'm a veryyyyyyyy thrifty person and never buy anything because I think it's wasteful and kinda silly. But now I'm seriously going nuts with the shopping. =/ I think I might make DH take away my credit cards. I'm not making good choices.

Anyway, plan for today is to go the gym for some sweat equity.

Ok, I'm watching the Biggest Loser. Do they always make the chubbies run? I'm envious.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #32  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Wow, what a meeting this afternoon....luckily someone else went with me...other people there were firing questions at us...I think they purposely did it b/c our supervisor wasn't there, but whatever. We answered them w/ no problems. SO glad I ate before I went! On the surface it look like they made an attempt to be 'healthier', but the veggie pizza was loaded w/ layers of cheese, the salad was soggy w/ dressing--I must say it looked good (except the soggy salad!)

txmomma--Hi! How are you feeling today? New day, fresh start! What did you do for exercize? I have always been a little too happy to shop, so no...

I am going to head to the gym. I haven't been going on Thurs b/c, but dh has to work really, really late so I figured I might as well go! Even if I don't do a lot, it's better than not going at all!

Gotta run....talk to you later!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

OKay Schmoodle - I NEED to know - what is a bean brownie?

Today's plan:

B: 1 slice of french toast, tea
S: Apple
L: cucumber, peppers, onion and chicken with balsamic vinegar
S: egg whites, carrots
D: meatloaf made with zuccini and carrots, 1 slice, steamed veggies.
S: apple or orange

Hope everyone is doing okay!
Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #34  
mj5

Hi ginger! So glad you are popping in when you can!

I did my planned workout, even though I really wasn't feeling it--I started to get a really bad headache just before I left work, but rather than blowing it off, I popped some ibuprofen and hit the gym. By the time my workout was done, my headache was gone. Now, I cannot say that I gave it my 'all', but at least I went!

How is everyone else doing? I know some of us are struggling right now...don't stay away....this is when we can support each other through the bad times!!!!

Today was gorgeous, but since I haven't gotten around to getting my pedi yet, I couldn't wear sandals. I just took off the layers of nail polish from my toes and am going to attempt to paint my toes...something I haven't done in, well years. All I know is I AM wearing sandals tomorrow!!! My little piggies need some sunshine!

Have a great night!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Breakfast--Orowheat whole-wheat English muffins, with one tsp butter, scrambled egg, 1C skim milk, hot tea
Lunch--Lean Pocket, Gala apple, water
Dinner--chicken, salad, watermelon, small amounts of broccoli and sweet potato, water
~1600 kcal, 16g fiber
------------------
mj5, going to the gym even when your head hurts shows true determination. You rock!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies...yesterday was a good on plan day - I am grateful!

For today:

storytelling tonight
PT
shopping for company coming this weekend

ice/heat
stretches
journal and log food
mediation
PMA

Breakfast -kashi waffle with pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - Morning Star "corn dog", carrots
snack - apple, cracker
dinner - HC dinner, green beans
snack - cereal, flax, skim milk

I've got to run. I'll be back this afternoon. Have a GREAT day!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #37  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends...and, Happy Friday!

I've been lurking a bit this week. This cold/allergy/sinus thing is kicking my butt. This all started two weeks ago when Hubby and I started walking together without knowing that we were at the beginning of extremely high pollen counts. I've been self medicating myself with over-the-counter cold and sinus medication, but nothing is working. Today, I finally decided to stop being stubborn and go to the doctor. I probably need antibiotics. I hate taking that stuff!

One of the side effects of the medicine I've been taking is that it triggers my depression and I have just not been myself. That's part of the reason why I've stayed away from here this week. I don't want to inflict my negativity on everyone. I've been trying to comfort myself with the starchy carbs and anything I can find here in our junk free house...and I had gained 2.2 pounds for my weigh-in this past Monday. This week, I've managed to lose that 2.2 pounds again. I'm not really sure how...maybe, although I'm eating a lot of starchy, I'm not eating as many calories as usual?

Hopefully, I can start getting back to "normal" in the next few days. I'll drop back in again this weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday morning! I made it for a 2 mile walk on Wednesday. Thursday it was raiining and again today it is raining. It is suppose to be really nice this weekend. We are planning on taking my son to the zoo on Saturday so hopefully we do lots of walking!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

good morning chicks, and TGIF!!!
Work today as usual, then I'm supposed to meet a friend for some shopping this afternoon, but I may cancel because I don't want to get stuck in traffic and be late for my grandmother's birthday party tonight. She is turning 93 years young! I forgot to buy laundry detergent last week, so my laundry mountain has been growing all week, and I want to get started on that today too. It's a nice day so I can line-dry. We should be sunny and in the 80's today!

Ginger, here's a link to the bean brownie recipe. It doesn't require any flour and I like them. They don't taste like beans, you wouldn't know there was any in there, just be sure to rinse them well and blend the heck out of it. Let me know if you try them, some folks love them, others hate them...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138553

my plan for the day:
B: Black beans with salsa and cheese
S: V8, celery with Laughing Cow Cheese
L: leftover chicken stir fry with brown rice
S: latte and an orange
D: South Beach frozen pizza and salad (maybe a bite of my grandmother's cake...)
S: Greek yogurt with agave and almonds if needed
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #40  
mj5

Good Morning! TGIF!!!! It is gorgeous and sunny here today! Really hard to focus on work...I just made list of things I must accomplish, hopefully that will help....

I am really tired and feel all bloated and icky today--TOM is right around the corner and that's what is causing it. After the gym (YES I am going...that was more to convince myself!) I have some errands to run--I am going to try to find a couple cute pairs of workout capris. Then home to pay bills. A rockin' fun Friday night for me!

Darkblue--Thanks...I am the queen of excuses and even when I am doing well w/ going to the gym, it is SO easy for me to fall off track. Even today, I am really tired and I am already 'battling' with myself about going or not going to the gym later....the problem is, once I "skip" it is way, way too easy to say "I didn't go yesterday, so I won't go today either....." So I AM going today. I may only do some cardio, but I will keep my routine of going.

beverlyjoy--Good for you! Have fun w/ your company this weekend!

Rhonda--I am so glad you popped in. I am sorry to hear you have been feeling so icky. Good for you for losing lose those 2.2lbs! I hope you can do something nice for yourself--you deserve it.

scoobie--Great job! Ooh, the zoo sounds like fun! My dh has NEVER been to a zoo, I am taking him this summer!

Schmoodle--Happy bday to your grandma! Ugh, laundry pile...I hate those....good luck getting it down!

K, gotta run....have a great day!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #41  
mj5

Wow...another quiet day!

Accountability time...I did not go to the gym. all that talking to myself just didn't work! By the time the end of the day rolled around I was literally struggling to keep my eyes open, so I caved....I will not beat myself up about it, but I will make sure I get in a good workout tomorrow.

I have to make something for dinner, luckily there isn't any junk in the house and I avoided all of the fast food places on my way home...way too tempting , especially when tired to just pick something up quick!

Have a good night! It's going to be an early to bed night for me!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

We ate dinner out tonight, and I know I went over about 400 on my calories. However, I spent about an hour and a half doing some physical labor outside today and hope that will cancel out my extra calories!

I need to go shopping...am out of too many of my healthy foods!
---------------------------------------

Hope everyone had a good Friday, and has something fun planned for the weekend!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:43 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Happy Saturday Folks. Yesterday I stayed on plan - about 1500 calories. I drank lots of water, worked out a little bit at PT. I am grateful.

This weekend I have family coming in to stay here - we have a bridal shower to go to on Sunday. Tonight we'll have a cookout. I know my SIL is bringing pies for dessert. I bought a watermelon, too. I'll probably have a bite of pie, then the watermelon.

Today:
meditation
ice/heat
lots of water
log food
PMA - positive mental attitde

breakfast - egg whites scrambled with ketchup, pnb toast, half banana
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, green beans
snack - apple
dinner - steak, corn on the cob, green beans, bite of pie, watermelon
snack - cereal, milk

Have a great day!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-19-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Happy Saturday chicks!
I am 2lbs. down this morning woo-hoo!
Today should be nice weather. DD has an ice skating birthday party to attend, DS has horseback riding, then a sleepover at the farm tonight for the teacher's aides, and hopefully DD1 will finish painting the living room. I'll be working on Mount Laundry and switching out the winter clothes for summer. Hopefully we (by we I mean DH mostly) will get the garden plot fertilized. I got a meeting with my program manager thrown on me late yesterday for Monday AM, so I will also be working to get ready for that, ick.

Here's my plan for the day:
B: oatmeal with milk and dried cherries
S: cheese stick if I get hungry
L: We'll be scraping for lunch, I haven't shopped yet!
S: latte and an orange
D: Beef Stew
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar
I'm allowed my weekly chocolate and popcorn tonight if I want it. I skipped my glass of wine last night.

Beverly, woo-hoo for on-plan days! Have a great time with your family. It's so cute that you put your bite of pie in the plan. Planning ahead is the ticket!
Blue 400 is not so bad, you'll make that up in no time!
mj, I've given myself 4 passes during the month for no-exercise days, and I can use them whenever I want. Helps me to not feel guilty for skipping a day, as long as I don't go over 4. Did you find your capris?

Here's a picture of the birthday girl. Isn't she amazing? I really hope I got the genes that'll have me partying at 93, and with amazing skin - she's hardly got a wrinkle. It was a surprise party, and this is her coming in the door.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #45  
mj5

Good Morning! I wasn't around yesterday because I tore our living room apart...Oh my, I knew it was going to be dusty and dog hairy, but WOW, it was GROSS! Dh even 'threatened' to take a pic of me washing windows to send to my mom....funny guy! At least today we get to enjoy the nice clean living room! Next weekend on to the dining room!
I will be so very glad when our Spring cleaning is done!

Rhonda--How are you feeling?

Beverlyjoy--Good for you! How was the cookout?

Schmoodle--YEA 2lbs down congrats! Great job! Mount Laundry...that's funny! I like your 4 pass days...I sort of make sundays my choice day, my body needs a day off, but sometimes I find I want to go for a walk or something. Didn't find any capris I liked...so I'll keep looking. Thanks for asking. Wow, she looks incridible!!! I think I have more wrinkles than she does!!!

Purple--How are you?

txmomma--How are you? Thank you for the pm...I am assuming it is the meditation stuff. I am going to check it out as soon as I am done here.

How is everyone else doing?

I totally ate junk last night and am paying for it today. No lame excuses, I just did it. I am SO paying for it today....I feel icky, (bloated, stomach hurts)...serves me right for eating so much junk. Today is a new day. I will drink lots of water and start fresh. What I will NOT do is use it as an excuse to eat junk again today.

I need to call and make an appt for my mani/pedi (I have earned both now)....delaying my reward is kind of defeating the purpose of my mini-rewards....I'm learning as I go here!

The other night I bought some K2O protein water. Has anyone tried it? I want to say Purple mentioned it quite a while ago, but I could be wrong. It is SO good! I tried the lemon twist kind. It was like a nice tart lemonaid. A little pricey, though, so last night I bought a couple of the pre-mixed bottles and a package of the singles mix which is a lot cheaper. I'm hoping that for those times when I come home from the gym and want a snack before dinner....one of those will hold me over better. I have tried SO many of the different kinds of drinks on the market right now and don't like most of them, but this one I really like.

Have a great day everyone!