I lost my sweet dog this weekend

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • What a tough weekend! We lost our sweet lab this weekend. She would have been 15 next month. We were very lucky to have her so long! We got her about a year after getting married, she was our first child. The kids have been around her their entire lives. She has aged in the last few years, hips, eyes, hearing, but she still had tons of spunk! She had a great day Sat, played in the yard, helped dig, there was a bag of bones that fell in the pantry-jackpot, totally normal day, no sign of what was ahead. She had dinner and went out with her brother (another lab). Usually she is out for a while in the yard and comes to the door when ready to come in. We didn't see her come for a long time and went to check on her. She had laid down on the patio just like she sleeps and was peacefully gone. We were so lucky, she was where we could find her, it doesn't look like she suffered, it looks like she peacefully went to sleep. It has been very hard, lots of tears! The vet was so kind to meet us up at the clinic Sunday morning, that did make it easier for all of us. She went out today for cremation and we did decide to receive her ashes. Thanks!
  • {{{hugs}}}}

I am so sorry to hear this. At least she went peacefully and in a place she loved.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • I'm so sorry. You have my condolences. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet that has been part of your life for many years. At least she was at peace when she went.
  • I am sorry for your loss
  • My heart hurts for you - we lost our beloved yellow lab the day she turned 17 years old. We could never give her a fraction of what she gave us.

Hugs
  • I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We also lost a beloved family member this weekend. On Friday, my 15 year old poodle, Cody, passed away. He was also my first baby. We had him from before my daughters were born. My heart is with you as you grieve the loss of your friend.
  • My heart breaks for you. I lost a pet 2 years ago and a friend sent this to me. I hope the story helps you feel a little better. Hugs...

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
  • (((hugs))) Oh my gosh, we just had to put our sweet Jackie O. down on Saturday as well. I so know how you feel right now. They become such family members and treasured friends...
  • I'm sorry for your loss.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like as well. It is very hard to lose a family member.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. She is so lucky to have had such a wonderful life!
  • I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your family member. I know how much it hurts. I had to put my last cat to sleep last year, she was 21, but that didn't make it any easier.

I know they're up in heaven waiting for our arrival one day. Or it wouldn't be heaven.
  • I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard that is.
  • I am so sorry. They may not be able to speak, but they get a piece of our hearts all the same. It sounds like your baby girl had a wonderful, fun-filled, love-filled life. And her last days were spent playing with her friends. It's fortunate that you get to remember her just as she always was.