Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! Here's my day:
B: Kashi waffle with peanut butter
S: V8, beans with salsa and cheese
L: leftover chicken divan or fish and green beans
S: latte, orange
D: frozen SBD pizza and salad
D: Greek yogurt with slivered almonds

Bigtx, how are you feeling today? Glad you are on the mend. Skating scares me too, and I'm only 5'4", but not too coordinated. I'm afraid I'll break something. It looks so fun when the kids are skating though.
Rhonda, my allergies didn't kick in until yesterday. It was gorgeous, warm, and sunny, so I threw open the windows and by afternoon I had a headache. I used the snot pot last night, so I woke up this morning feeling okay. How are you doing? Hope your head is better today.
darkblue, your day's menu doesn't sound so bad!
mj, me too, at least we don't have to try to quit smoking AND lost weight at the same time.
kells, great job getting on the bike. I always feel extra virtuous when I exercise on the days I really don't feel like it. Welcome!
Beverly, glad you made it through the long day okay! Hope you have a wonderful family visit this weekend. I have been using the bust the craving technique all week and it's the best week I've had in a while, so I guess there's something to it!
scoobie, sorry the weather isn't cooperating with your walking routine. Have you tried any of the WATP DVDs?

I've laid off the WATP for a couple of days as my bad ankle was bothering me. I'll do yoga instead. Anyway ladies, gotta go walk the kiddies to school. Have a great day and TGIF!!!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #47  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It is grey and icky here today. I was soooooo tired last night...I even dozed off while watching American Idol--I was snuggled up w/ two warm dogs and a blanket....before I knew it dh was waking me up to go to bet! Oops! Then this am I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed. No WATP for me this am. I hope I'm not getting sick!

Today, I will go to the gym--it's arms and shoulders and cardio. I downloaded some new music to my mp3 player, so I have that to look forward to too.

Dh is off Sat, but not Sun, it's ok, I'll take one day over none! I was rattling off the errands I was going to do on my way home (after work and the gym) and my sweet dh suggested that we do them together on Sat. What a guy!

Rhonda--Oh, I hate days like that....I hope you are better!

txmomma--Glad you are feeling better! I would love to check out the mp3s! Thanks!

darkblue--I make no promises about being on key!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, 7 days of storytelling....YEA for PT! So glad your foot is doing better! Have a fantastic visit!

Schmoodle--I know! Sounds like a great plan! Hope your ankle feels better.

K, I have lots to do today, but I'm sure I'll be back!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Mj5 - actually is was seven programs of storytelling in one day. But, still my foot survived. PT is helping. Sometimes I fall asleep way early (watching TV) myself. I think our bodies let us know!

Schmoodle..sorry to hear your ankle is bothering you. Ugh! Your plan looks so good. Take care now.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-11-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #49  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Today is my last vacation day. Usually, I'm kinda looking forward to going back to work as I get bored, but not this time. Everytime I start thinking about work and what's on my agenda for Monday, I deliberately put it out of my mind. I haven't even read my work e-mails since last Friday! Of course, I had this long list of spring cleaning chores that I planned on doing this week and I haven't finished a single one.

Momma - How's the tummy today?
Darkblue - Impromptu restaurant trips always de-rail me for 2-3 days. I've learned that I can't do this anymore. Plan, plan, plan....this is the only way I can eat out.
Beverly - So glad the foot wasn't too sore last night. The doggies are doing well. The "little" guy is a lot of work. Whew...I had forgotten how much patience training a puppy requires.
Schmoodle - glad the "snot" pot helped you I was disappointed that it didn't help me much. I really don't like taking sinus medicine. It makes me moody.
MJ - I hope you're feeling well rested today. I really enjoyed American Idol's Give Back show this year, but I must confess. It left me feeling very unsettled. There are so many children that desperately need help and it's a bit overwhelming.

Today is housecleaning day. Hubby is having poker night at our house tonight. I'm not sure how I'll occupy myself and the DD's. Maybe, we'll catch a movie or I'll take them roller skating. (No, Momma, I won't be participating.) Or, I might just stay home and clean out my closet. Dinner for me and the DD's will be my job tonight. I might take them out to dinner to Applebees. They have a lot of on-plan options for me.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #50  
mj5

beverlyjoy--Oops, Wow...7 in one day...that's a lot. Glad your foot survived! I think you are right, our bodies let us know...between getting up early and going full speed ahead most of the time, I have to slow down sometimes!

Rhonda--It seems like your vacation went pretty fast! Good for you for not checking work emails! (It's a bad habit of mine!!!!) I hear you on the Give Back show...between seeing how badly off children in other countries are and then seeing horrible conditions in our own country...really makes me feel petty for wanting different earbuds just because mine don't 'feel right' in my ears! Have fun tonight w/ the dd's.

I have hit the 3:00 slump...that's where I start to lose my focus and those 'old thoughts' of hmmm, what would it hurt to skip the gym tonight...start creeping in. I will NOT let that happen! I just went to get some more water and am popping in here (obviously).

math puppy--How are you doing?

Not sure what dinner will be yet--maybe some brown rice and roasted veggies.

Ok, I feel better! I AM going to the gym. Then home to play w/ the dogs! That's always fun!!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #51  
mj5

Hi again! I did it! I went to the gym and did my planned workout!!! I even increased my weights a bit. I'm gonna feel that tomorrow!

Ok...my turn to rant....my mom is very well aware of how hard I have been trying and struggling w/ eating healthy, exercise, etc. Tonight she called me just as I was leaving the gym and I told her that's where I was. She said that she and my sister were on their way to my gm's, blah, blah....then I hear my sister order what sounded like enough food for a family at a drive-through. I asked my mom who she was getting so much food for and she laughed and said "mostly herself". Then my sister interrupts and tries to insist that I place an order and meet them at our gm's. My mom even offers to "treat" for dinner. HELLO???? Did I not just say I am literally just walking out of the gym? I do not want to blow a good workout on junk like that!! I tried to politely decline, which just wasn't working, so I finally told them I had too much to do and I would see them in the morning. I'll be much happier w/ my brown rice and roasted veggies thanks! I am going to "treat" myself w/ a small glass of red wine. It's been a loooooong week and I would like that treat!

Nothing too exciting planned tonight. I am paying bills (yippee), then making a pasta salad w/ whole wheat pasta LOTS of veggies, and a little low fat Italian dressing. Dh and I may "treat" ourselves to something yummy to cook on the grill tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is having a good night!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

you handled it like a pro, mj It is so hard to resist things like that, but I am so glad you went to the gym because without that workout you might not have stood so strong against their temptation. When you said telling them no just wasn't working I expected to here you just caved, but was SO proud of you when it took a different turn. Enjoy the wine

Everyone...I am reading along through the emails, though I know I don't get them all there. This was kids spring break week so I've not been online as much...they had me playing freeze tag yesterday, so fun and my legs hurt today. I am looking forward to going back to normal schedule next week.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:58 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Getting ready to go visit my family. I can't wait to give my 14 month grandson about 100 kisses.

The scale or thought of it is making me crazy. I can't stop obsessing about what the scale says (might say). I am very close to 199 pounds. I am so, so happy about it. In fact - it's all I've been thinking about. For me - this is not good. I think I need to put it away and not think that I have to get on it on Tuesday or Wednesday. It is making me so "nervous". In fact - I've been overeating thinking about getting on the scale and seeing a number I can't accept. I have journaled about it and thought about it and decided to put the scale away. I'll get to 199 in my body's time. I have such disordered thinking when it comes to food and the scale.

Plans:

I'll do my exchanges since I can't plan ahead.

starches - up to six
fruit - up to four
veggies - up to six
protein - up to six
fats - up to three
dairy - two
free - about 100 calories

I know how to use exchanges from my "food mover" days with Richard Simmons.

I've packed some fruit and 100 calorie cracker packs.

I'll write down everything I eat.

Drink lots of water.

Do my stretches

Meditate

Hug grandson every five minutes.

Have a great day, friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-12-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #54  
mj5

Hope everyone is having a great on plan day!!

Purple--Thanks! Since that happened I have been giving a lot of thought about how others influence us (or try to). Just today my dh who is WONDERFUL and trying to eat healthier himself, bought a couple choc chip cookies from a bake sale/fundraiser. Ok, fine. I donated an extra dollar rather than buying anything for myself, but anyway...he almost insisted I eat a cookie. No thanks! Guess I need to pay more attention...I'm sure in weaker moments I would have easeily said yes! I am sure you and the kids had SO much fun yesterday!!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Have a fantastic visit. I agree....put the scale away for a few days.

For exercise today, I joined the 5k that Gary started on the Weight Loss Support Thread. I had to push myself to finish it, but I did it! I am SO proud! I walked it, but the fact that I walked that far--a good portion of it briskly, made me feel really good!!!

Now I am going to relax w/ the dogs while dh watches the Yankees play.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hooray, I got my act back together and had an on-plan day!

Breakfast--Fiber One ceral, clementine, 1C skim milk, hot tea
Lunch--sandwich--whole wheat pita bread with deli-thin ham/turkey slices, and a deli-thin slice of provolone cheese, heated under broiler, yum
8 SunChips, mini-V8, iced tea
Snack--YoPlus yogurt with 1C sliced strawberries
Dinner--chicken thighs and breasts cooked in a crockpot with mushrooms and inst gravy mix, oven-roasted red potatos (tossed with olive oil, sea salt, and Mrs. Dash garlic/herb blend), roasted asparagus with lemon, water

~1520 kcal, 32g fiber, 1L water, exercise
---------------------------------------------

Beverly--storytelling sounds so interesting. Do you work in a library? I think it would be fun but tiring. Glad your foot's feeling a bit better, and hope you have a great trip out of state!

GirlyGirl--that sounds like my vacations--lots of plans and not much action! Hope you and the DDs had a fun Girls' Night Out!

mj5--you always do such a great job with self-control, walks, and working out! Good job with being polite but firm and doing what is right for your diet. You rock!

Purple--sounds like fun and great exercise to me!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #56  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey ya'll,

I had a decent day today. DD is super cranky. DH is super cranky. I am super cranky. NOT a good combination. I ditched them and went shopping by myself! Woohoo. I bought two sundresses, some new clothing for DD.

I'm having an ok food day. I've decided to try the Paul McKenna method, and eat the foods I want instead of trying to restrict myself. I'm going to see if I 1) maintain a loss, and 2) am not tempted to overeat. And if not, I'll go back to a more restrictive South Beach.

I think I'm doing this because I'm kind of having a food freakout. I'm going to be visiting my family in two weeks, which is going to be killer on my self esteem. They're such huge ego killers. I'm getting worried about how I'm going to survive.

Anyway, I'll be back for personals.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #57  
mj5

Good Morning!

So I have been doing a some serious thinking about what I eat, how much, and why, etc....I think that whole fast food scenario w/ my mom really sparked something in me. Over the weekend I have been really paying attention to different things. Like yesterday. We ended up eating a big lunch (I had a nice big salad w/ chicken breast cut up in it and low fat balsamic dressing), but by the time dinner time rolled around I wasn't really hungry for a full dinner. I had some pasta salad and ALMOST went for 2nd's, but realized that I wanted more b/c it tasted good, not b/c I was still hungry. So I waited and I still wasn't hungry so I didn't have more. It really took stopping and thinking about it, rather than mindlessly getting up and getting more. I am really going to try to be much more midful about food and see what happens--it certainly can't hurt, right?!

Darkblue--Good for you for getting back on plan! Thanks! I am doing well right now and thanks for the encouragement!! Unfortunately it's all too easy for me to stop doing what I know I need to do....

txmomma--Hope everyone is less cranky at your house today! Good for you for going shopping! Family can be really tough sometimes. You WILL survive. You are a strong woman!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, busy weekend as usual. I'm about to go do my new 4 mile WATP and then the kids and I will go to the pool this afternoon. I want to visit my grandma, and if the weather holds we'll go to the park with some friends. I did a lot of cooking this morning to prep for the week - a pan of bean brownies, a pan of oatmeal breakfast bars, hard boiled and deviled eggs, a pot of veggie soup, a big bowl of tuna tabouleh, and put some salsa chicken in the crockpot for tonight. I think I'm ready! Just wanted to say "hi", but I'd better run now!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Darkblue--congrats on an OP day, now turn that into a string of them and don't look back.

mj--temptations from others are always going to be there, good intentioned or not, so just being aware and ready for is the best we can do. You are becoming aware and paying attention, this will take you far.

txmomma--I know what you mean about visiting family and the self esteem killer thing. I have issues with mine as well, so I am aiming to get under 200 by the time I go back (4th July week). Hold your head high and just know you are an awesome, beautiful, amazing woman and don't let them bring you down. What's hard for me is not slipping into the person I was when I lived back home, because that girl was so different from who I have become...yet I go back and feel like that old self again and it gets me everytime. I have to stop this pattern and learn to be who I am right now, no matter where I am. OKay, i really just meant to say I understand, sorry for my own rant

Beverly--I don't know if you'll see this or when you'll be back, but I hope the visit is amazing and you get lots of loving on that little one

As for how I am doing today...I woke up with poison ivy swelling my right eyelid, and it's between my fingers on the right hand. Twice in my past I have had it completely eat up one side of my face, placing a huge bubble over my eye...so I am happy just to be able to open it today. It has to be out in my flowerbed somewhere, because i get it every year soon as I start working out there. It's not as itchy as it is annoying that I can't open the eye all the way.

Figures, a whole week off and this comes on the day we have to be back out in public

I hope everyone has a god day, I'm going to try to regardless.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote