Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 AM   #16  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Had a rough morning, got to mid lvl cal range, and worked out at the gym in the am, then after work, went for a walk with my partner. It was sooooo cold so we didn’t get far (we walked on alki beach so there was no where to hide from the biting wind). Afterwards I went to the gym with out her, to get a proper cardio work out. I did the bike and read magazines for 30 minutes. It left me feeling really good! Now im checking in and my cat is pulling out all her cutest moves so I can give her kisses. Ive never had a cat that loved to get kisses. It’s the funniest thing. Sometimes she wakes me up with kitty kisses (which sound cuter they then actually are, cold wet cat nose in the mouth is no way to start a morning) ha!

The reason it was so rough this morning was because me and my dear partner had a “disagreement” about my cast iron skillets. I love my skillets, lu-hu-huuuve my skillets. Though it might be odd, I get this strange sense of satisfaction when I have them perfectly seasoned. She however, doesn’t get it, and would be just as happy putting them through the dishwasher!! The dishwasher!!! Ugh! she has gotten a bit better about it, but she still does this thing where she cooks scrambled eggs on it with a wooden spoon, Insisting that “Martha” says its okay (Martha Stewart). This of course causes a crusted on mess that has to be scrubbed off with a scourer which in turn destroys the nicely seasoned non-stick surface (the entire point of a cast iron skillet!!) . Then It takes weeks for me to get it back to its former self!! Omg I was so mad! And she was so mad that I didn’t acknowledge she was doing her best to take care of it, just that sometimes there’s nothing to cook with in the morning because the other dishes are dirty. on top of that, THAT particular morning she used to make me breakfast so I could sleep in (im in charge of making breakfast at my house) so then I feel like a jerk AND im still mad. So I just started cry and a big old baby cause I didn’t really know how to process all those conflicting emotions .Ugh. Hopefully I can let up on the whole thing, and she can…be a little nicer to my cookware …Sigh. In short I emotionally ate a bigger breakfast then usual.

The day did get better. She agreed to not used the skillet until I get it back to its full fledged glory and made me homemade enchilada sauce. (hot hot hot, just like I love it) she is the best really. I just have this weird thing about my cookware ! Gah!
Sorry. Had to rant to someone!

Bevjoy- great job this weekend, they are the hardest.

Mj- oh mj! I know how you feel! How long have you been in treatment?? This was our first time, I have my fingers crossed for the next. Dogs are the best work out buddies. Congrats on making it to the gym. Sometimes just getting yourself to go is the biggest challenge!

Bigtx- omg!!!! Yaaay!! I’m so proud of you!!!!! :whoohoo:

Avi- its okay to start small! It makes for a firmer foundation!. Let us know how no eating went.

Girlygirl- sorry to hear about your baby. That is so hard, no one would blame you if you went off plan during such a time of sorrow. I don’t know if I could have been as strong as you!

Wandering- I belive there is a thread about sagging skin somewhere, im not sure where, but I bet there is someone here who knows. Good luck with jogging! Let us know how it goes.

Ginger- hey we are the same weight! Ill be your personal cheerleader. No get down and do me some sit ups!

Schmoodle- the whoosh fairy is testing to see if you are worthy. If your will is strong she will pay you a viiiissssiiiitt! Hee hee.

Purple- hope the kids are keeping you busy enough to be burning calories without realizing it! Ha! always a nice bonus!

Darkblue- how did your day go?

Last edited by math puppy; 04-08-2008 at 02:45 AM.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chickies! I had an on-plan day yesterday - I am grateful. I am also grateful because the scale finally moved again.I am down two more pounds. As you know - I do mini goals in five pound increments - SO, my next mini my goal is 199. I can hardly believe I finally have the "ones" as a goal. Thanks to you all for your support.

Today - since the taxes are done - I need to catch up on paperwork in my office- also, tidy up my office.

stretches
lots of water
journal/log food
meditation
PMA

breakfast - Kashi waffle with npnb on it, stawberries
snack - latte made with decaf coffee, cocoa powder and splenda (and a splash of milk)
lunch - hummus, lite cheese on a wrap, spaghetti squash with ICBINBS and parm.
snack - green beans, apple
dinner - 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, turkey sausage
snack - cereal, flax, skim milk, fruit

Math- Good for you - great workout and walk! We have a cast iron skillet too. I actually don't use it that much because it's kind of a "fussy" pot - with the seasoning and all. I totally understand what you're saying. Hey- rant away - better to rant then eat!!

Scoobie - GREAT job on the walk!

Mj5 - you take care of that foot. I totally know how it feels to have foot problems. Good job with your yoga and the gym!

Avi - often starting with small goals works well. You can do this!

Rhonda - I am so, so sorry about your doggie passing. Our fur babies are a big part of the family, I know. I am so proud of you for staying on - with all that's going on and down another 3.2. Fantastic. I love Whole Foods (a bit pricey, though) and Trader Joes (some good deals). How was your excursion?

Wandering - WOW - almost 50 pounds down. That is fantastic. You have done so, so well. Keep up the good work.

Bgtxmma- YAY - another five pounds - awesome. Keep it up. You are doing fantastically.

Ginger - glad you had an OP weekend. Congrats on your weight loss. You've got good spirit and you CAN do this. I too seem to stall at certain numbers. You take care of your back!

Schmoodle - WOW - down in the 180's. I am so happy for you and proud of you! Thank you scale for finally moving!

Purple - enjoy spring break with the children. Any special plans?

Dkblue - great plan - I always love to read your plans. Have a good day.

Everyone - hope your day is good. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-08-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #18  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I finally started excercising again yesterday. Not a lot, only 25 minutes on the exercise bike. For about 10 minutes I had it on high resistance and it totally kicked my butt, so then I put it down for the remainder and ended up super sweaty, but feeling good. Food was OK, I will try again today.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

I only made it for a 1 mile walk yesterday. It was way too cold to keep my son out any longer. Also, yesterday at work, I started using the stairs and that felt good. Today is suppose to be a little warmer so I am shooting for 2 miles, and if my son permits, I will do a 3 mile walk. I can't wait for summer so I can walk more!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #20  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I started w/ 2 miles of the 4 Reall Big Miles walk slim dvd. Tonight I will head to the gym--arms / shoulders and more cardio.

Ginger--THANK YOU! Your boost was just what I needed this am!!! The scale was up and I am sorry, but there is no way the extra grilled chicken breast and low fat cottage cheese I ate last night did that! I was having a moment of frustration and then I read your post. Thanks again! You aren't kidding...the old me would have eaten way worse stuff and then probably ice cream later on!

darkblue--I think I am going to get some of those kashi waffles to try!

math puppy--Sounds like you got a great workout! Too cute about your cat! One of my dogs will sit and pout when I am doing anything except sitting and cuddling w/ her...it's very cute, but hard to get things done sometimes! Vent away!!! I have to laugh a little, because I think I inherited some of my dad's anal-ness related to kitchen utensils--he used to go ballistic when my mom would put his cast iron in the dishwasher...(you have to have the proper tools, right?!). For me, it's my fiesta ware. I don't have much because it's pricey--some I've been lucky and picked up at 2nd hand shops, but dh bought me a set of bowls for Christmas and I LOVE them. I hand wash them and dry them (and I DON'T dry dishes!) I totally freak out if dh stacks them in a way that isn't acceptable, etc...I could go on, but you get the point. We all have our things.....What about getting an inexpensive pan that isn't cast iron? We have been in and out of treatment forever it seems. It is so emotionally and financially draining. I have responded badly to some of the meds, so not sure what our plan is right now. Our doctor would love to try ivf, unfortunately ins. doesn't cover it and we aren't sure we want to go that route. I don't want to discourage you at all, though. I have met many people who have been very successful!!!!

Beverlyjoy--CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Great job!!!! Thanks...I am taking care of it and so far so good! I feel bad even complaining about it because I know you are struggling w/ much, much worse.

Rakel--welcome back! Great job on the exercise!!! You can do this!!!!

scoobie--Good for you! Keep it up!

As I said to Ginger, the scale was up this am...super. Just what I wanted to see. It's ok, it's just a # right?

Ok, I have to get a zillion things done. Ok, maybe not a zillion, but a lot.

Oh, I almost forgot. I am seriously thinking about getting some of those huge stereo headphones because maybe peopled just don't see the little ear buds and realize that I have no intention of carrying on a coversation w/ them while I am working out! Last night it was a different person who was trying to be chatty. I said hi and went back to what I was doing. I didn't want to be rude, but sorry....I'm not there to socialize!

Last edited by mj5; 04-08-2008 at 09:27 AM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

mathpuppy, the skillet incident is so funny. I'm not laughing at how upset you got over it, but I totally relate because I love to cook in cast iron, and getting it seasoned just right takes so much effort and can be ruined so easily! Nobody in my house understands it either, so I keep my cast iron put away and I am the only one allowed to use it. There's nothing more upsetting than having to take a scrubbie pad to your pan or even worse, brillo, (gasp)
bigtx, hooray on 50 lbs!!!! Well done, you have worked hard for it! That is a biggie!
Rhonda, I'm sorry about the loss of your baby. Losing a pet you've had as part of your family for so long is very hard. How was Trader Joe's yesterday? Find lots of good stuff? Enjoy your week off!
wanderingfatgirl, congrats on your almost-50! And don't worry about the thighs. I'm sure they look fabulous compared to with almost 50 lbs more on them. I think time will help a lot to reduce the sagginess, especially if you have lost the weight quickly, your body just needs to catch up.
Beverly, I am so excited for you to get down into the ones! It is such a great feeling, you will be there soon!
mj, you are an exercise monster! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hi darkblue, have a great day!
Glad to have you back, Mrs. Rakel!!
Hi Scoobie! It is supposed to get pretty nice here over the next couple of days, so I am looking forward to getting some more outdoor walks in. In the spring I just can't get enough of enjoying that first nice weather! Hope you get some soon too!

I am really looking forward to the summer - weight loss seems a little easier during the warm months, so I'd like to knock out another 20 between now and the fall. I am trying Paul McKenna's technique to fight cravings and it seemed to work for me yesterday, so we'll see if it continues to work. How wonderful that would be to have a simple technique to fight those off! That continues to be my biggest issue. Anyone else tried it?
Here's today:
B: oatmeal with milk and strawberries
S: V8, hardboiled egg
L: Some kinda big salad
S: mocha cheesecake smoothie
D: Taco Salad, refried beans
S: NSA pudding cup (if I need it)
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #22  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Thank you guys for the congratulations!!!! =D I'm going to buy a pair of roller skates for a reward. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the Y today. DD is feeling sick -- she was a bit feverish when she woke up. We're having a chill morning, watching Fox and the Hound. What a sad movie.

She's perked up quite a bit. If she is okay this afternoon, we'll go to the Y. Otherwise I'll have a date with Leslie later.

Yay mj! =D Good job on the loss, and your sweat equity!! =D Yea, I never let DH see me do WATP. If he's home, I quarantine him in the bedroom. Yea, maybe no one notices ear buds. Heehee, maybe you should get giant headphones.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry about your poodle. =( Wow that's awful. Good job not turning to food for comfort. Hope you're enjoying your vacation. Congrats on the loss!!

Hi Wanderingfatgirl! =D Good job on the walking! =D

Hey Purple! Hope you guys are having fun on spring break.

Schmoodle, you're going to whoosh away to nothingness! Yea, I think summer makes weight loss easier. I really like Paul McKenna. What he says echoes a lot of books I've read about how most diets fail. I really like him.

Beverly, yay for your Onederland goal!!! Wow, that's going to be so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for your walks, Scoobie!

Hey Darkblue! =D Good job being OP!

Math, that sucks about the skillet. I'm neurotic with my kitchen stuff. But honestly, you guys should just buy a small nonstick pan for her to use. Cast iron requires dedication.

YAY RAKEL!!! I'm glad you're back!!!!!!! Awesome job on the bike!!!! =D

Ginger, you're almost out of the 250s! =D What kind of exercise are you planning on doing once your back is better?
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #23  
mj5

This afternoon I had to leave to go to a meeting and I saw someone wearing those big ear protector kind--you know the bright red ones ok, so s/he was using a jack hammer, but maybe then people would get the hint! Of course, I am so uncoordinated, it would probably throw me off balance and I'd end up falling.....we'll see what today brings. The funny thing is, I have been thinking about different earbuds, mine are ok, but not great. Hmmm, sounds like a reason to go shopping!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #24  
mj5

ok...change in plans.....it is much too nice today to go to the gym. I know, I know that's the 'old me' talking, but we are going to have two nice days (today and tomorrow), then back to cold again. So, I have decided to go home and take my two incredibly energetic dogs for a walk--they will love it, plus they will be calmer tonight (that's the plan anyway!). Tomorrow I WILL go to the gym for arms/shoulders and cardio.

Have a great night!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #25  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

Guess what Hubby and I did yesterday? We adopted a 4 month old puppy from the human society! He is so absolutely precious....part lab, mostly black with some white markings on his chest, paws and muzzle. We named him Beau. I think he's gonna be a big boy. I'm hoping the vet can give me a clue at his visit tomorrow. So far, my other two dogs aren't all that impressed with the big oaf. Hunny, my 6 year old chihuahua has already let him know that she is now "top dog" around this joint. Her son, Max (my dear Cody was his daddy) is scared of the him. All the big guy wants to do is play with Max, but he's not having any of that! Thank goodness that Hubby and I are on vacation this week. I had forgotten how much work is involved with potty training.

I love Trader Joes and Whole Foods! Hubby and I just got back a little while ago and I can say that the 2 hour round trip was well worth the drive. I came home with fresh ground cashew butter, greek yogurt, agave nectar, two different kinds of hot whole grain cereals, whole wheat pizza dough, farmer's cheese, Ezekiel cinnamon raison bread...etc, etc, etc. Oh my goodness, I was in heaven. I just wish I could afford to buy the meats at Whole Foods, but my budget just won't allow that. But, I did get some great items and Hubby found many of the ingredients for some of the Southbeach recipes that he's been wanting to try. Looks like we'll be heading over to the stores about once a month. Oh my goodness, after having a "taste" of these stores, how do I shop in the regular grocery stores again? Too bad my budget demands it.

MJ - How was the walk? I'd choose a walk with my furbabies over the gym any day of the week! BTW, have you thought about just giving the gym yackers a vague smile and then pretending not to hear them? Or making a big production out of removing your ear buds and saying something like, "pardon me, were you talking to me? I was totally enjoying my motivating music." I think they'll get the hint....you might even have to be a touch rude to get your point across.
Momma- Roller skates sounds like such a cool original reward. Unfortunately, I was never able to learn to skate. Too afraid of busting my "derriere" on the pavement!
Schmoodle - So glad the craving technique is working well for you. Hey...can you remind me again....what do you put in your greek yogurt?
Beverly - Congratulations on your 2 pound loss!
Math - Sorry to hear that you and your sweetie had a disagreement. If its like Hubby and I, the major issue isn't really the skillet, but the lack of commitment to what is important to you. Hope things blow over quickly.
A big 'Hello" to Scoobie, Purple, Darkblue and Rakel. Hope you all are having a great day.

I promised Hubby that I'd clean out the refrigerator for him while he's gone. He went to the regular old grocery store to pick up some necessities. I better stop writing and get cleaning or there won't be room for anything! ttyl

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-08-2008 at 07:21 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Breakfast--1 1/4C Smart Choice cereal, 1C skim milk, hot tea, clementine
Lunch--whole wheat pita bread with 1tbs low-fat mayo, deli-thin sice of provolone cheese, six slices deli-thin ham and turkey, 8 SunChips, water
Snack--blackberries, YoPlus vanillla yogurt
Dinner--4oz salmon cooked with lemon juice, pepper, and capers, peas, carrots, baked potato with salt/pepper and sprinkle of cheese, iced tea

1450 k/cal, 31g fiber, 1/2L water, arm/shoulder exercises
-------------------------------------------------
Math Puppy--I've never figured out how to properly season a cast iron pan. It sounds frustrating to have to recondition them. Homemade enchilada sauce sounds great! My cats squeeze their eyes at me and purr softly when they want to say "we like you."

Beverlyjoy--Two more pounds, congrats! I hope you make the 'onederfuls" soon!

Rakel--25 minutes on an exercise bike is more than I can do! Getting sweaty accomplishes the goal!

Txmomma--roller skates or rollerblades? I haven't skated in years, but it was great fun adn good exercise! That's a neat reward!

mj5--a walk with the dogs sounds fun! Am sure they'll love it, too. Loved the image of the big-red ear protectors at the gym! Maybe you can claim they are very expensive wireless satellite radio headphones!

GirlyGirl--I'm so glad you adopted a puppy from the shelter--that's wonderful! Hope he'll be a great addition to the family! Eww, refrigerator cleaning ranks right down there with mopping in my books! Hope you didn't discover anything yucky!

*waves at Schmoodle and Scoobie* Hope you had an on-plan day!

Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 AM   #27  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hey gang, I have been meaning to ask, but who was it that loved greek yogurt? Who ever it was, got me to pick some up at the store last week and I have been luh-ven-it! The best part is its zone friendly!

Anyways today I purposely went to mid lvl on my calorie intake just to let my body know that there is gonna be no starving going on up in here. Hopefully that will shake things up a bit and help with the losing. I bought a battery for my digital scale now, so I don’t have to play the guessing game every morning (get on, get off, get on, get off, squint. guess). Now there is just a straight up number staring me back and this should make it easier to keep and stay on track.
Took a yoga class at the gym then came home and watched biggest loser. Life is good.

Oh yea, I was reading a magazine in the grocery store that said eating while sitting in the sun actually makes you eat less. I can see that. Good excuse for picnics this summer.

Beverlyjoy- yay for moving scales! Almost too onederland!!! Wow!

Rakel- good job on that bike!

scoobie- how old is your son?

Mj- ivf! Wow. That’s expensive. If you ever want to vent about it I am your ear! Don’t worry you are not discouraging me at all. I know whats up with all this stuff. Im just going to remain hopeful and as usual…stubborn . lol that DOES sound like an excuse to go shopping! Ha ha I just read rhondas advice to you. I second that!

Schmoodle- lol, thanx for sharing that about the cast iron. I feel a little better knowing im not the only one. I wanted to make it so I was the only one that used it, but she is in charge of dinner. And sometimes super sweet fajitas require a nicely seasoned skillet. Heh. Plus I think it might be insulting when she puts up with how incredibly messy I am. She is constantly picking things up after me. Oh well, ill figure something out. I HAVE tried mckenna’s techniques, I find them helpful. Cant wait for some sun!! I read in a magazine today that eating in the sun actually makes you eat less.

Girlygirl- yay for new puppies!!! I love that hunny is now the top dog. My cats totally freaked out when I got a dog, but eventually they actually started to consider here part of their tribe. I could tell because they would lift their tails to her when she walked in a room as if to say, “hey dog, whats new on your side of the kitchen?” I bet your babies will be like that in no time! lol your advice to mj is funny.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Rhonda, sounds like you had a great day! congrats on the new furbaby! Well, the yogurt possibilities are endless of course, but my favorite way is to top it with some slivered toasted almonds and a drizzle of agave nectar. Kind of like a Greek sundae!

Here's my day:
B: Peanut butter toast with coffee
S: Hard boiled egg, V8
L: Taco Salad
S: Latte, orange
D: Tex Mex tilapia, green beans
S: NSA pudding cup

Have a good hump day chicks, I'll be back to visit more later! That's a promise not a threat!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

I made it for a 2 mile walk last night with my son.
Math Puppy -- my son is 10 months old. His b day is June 4th. He has been walking on his own now for 3 weeks! We have to stop at certain places so he can look at different dogs in the neighborhood. He loves the outdoors!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #30  
mj5

Good Morning! I was too tired to drag my butt out of bed to do a watp dvd this am, so I didn't. It's ok, I am going to the gym--arms/shoulders and cardio. The good part of arms/shoulders is--I do that stuff in the free weight room mostly and the guys in there are too busy looking at themselves in the mirrors to interrupt me!

The scale was back down this am, so maybe yesterday was a fluke, who knows. It is going to be gorgeous today, so I am wearing capris and short sleeves--it feels SO good! I should have worn a belt, but it's ok....nice reminder that my pants are loose!

txmomma--Roller skates, what a great idea! I just had visions of hanging out at the skating rink as a pre-teen...ooh, scary thought! Hope dd feels better!

Rhonda--CONGRATULATIONS! Your new fur baby sounds adorable! I know when we brought our 2nd dog home, our 1st dog was terrible...almost mean to the puppy, but by the end of the weekend they were best buds! That was four years ago and they are inseparable now! Those stores sound great! I wish we had them near us! The walk was great!!! I have tried, although most of the time I fall into the too nice category...I may have to be a bit rude, which isn't my nature, but really when I am at the gym other than saying a quick hi or quick comment to someone I have a long-running joke w/, I am there for 'me' time--some people just don't get it. I have dh and furbabies waiting for me! I want to go see them...I may try just smiling, but not responding beyond that and see what happens.

darkblue--It was a lot of fun! Then they slept all evening...lazy dogs!

math puppy--Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! Thank you SO much! I seriously wish you the best of luck!

K, gotta run...Have a great on plan day!