Old 04-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #16  
TBL "JB" Blue Team

S/C/G: 285.1/ticker/155

Height: 6'0"

Hi, I'm 6'0" and I agree with the others; Lane Bryant stores and the Woman Within catalogue I have found to be the best for true to size tall sizes, and Woman Within often offers several colors and fabrics (mostly in jeans but some in professional as well). Also I've had some luck at Torrid and Target but sizes and lengths are inconsistent so it's a crap shoot. If your really desperate look for pants with deep hem or cuff detail and alter.

If your having trouble with broad shoulders or to small arms-eye (the place where the sleeve meets the body) then keep an eye out for Raglan sleeves (sleeve meets body at an angle and becomes part of the neckline, like a baseball jersey) these are very comfortable and forgiving to broad shoulders and large upper arms.

If you have a big bust (like me), then for Bob's sake avoid empire waist shirts, I don't care how popular they are right now they never fit a large bust (or a small bust for that matter) without tailoring unless you're very lucky. And to make matters worse the current style is to have gathering under the bust seam front and center, you might think it's providing belly camouflage but 99% of the time it makes even the skinniest girls look pregnant. Look for the new square yoke tops, fitted button fronts, wrap tops (watch the placement of the tie), Princess seams and square necklines are always very flattering.

For bra's you really just have to shop around until you find the right cut for you. I've found several styles at Lane Bryant that work for me. In particular I like the molded cup Balconette by Cicique. If your looking at plunge front bra's I recommend large bust's go a size up and remove push-up pads to prevent spill over and the unsightly double bump.
And if you've lost the weight but still have a large bust it can cause more problems because the sizes can be hard to find (Lane Bryant is not good for this). My mother has this issue (she's a 34 DD) strangly she's had good luck looking at Ross, particularly with the Bali brand but her favorites have been discontinued.
LittleBigGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #17  
Shrink Spot Shrink!

S/C/G: 324/324/215

Height: 5' 11"

I know it won't help too much now, since they only go up to about a size 20 or so, but JcPenney has a substantial tall selection online, including some items in "Ultra Tall." I just ordered about five pairs of work pants from the website and am very happy with them! I have a 35" inseam, so any pants I can get that come where they are supposed to, even when I'm wearing heels, is like my birthday and Xmas rolled into one!

Best of luck!
See Spot Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #18  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Thanks, See Spot--- I didn't know JCPenney had "ultra tall" sizes!!!! Holy cow!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #19  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

I'm 5'10" and get a lot of things from oldnavy.com. I believe they have some talls in the stores but not much. Walmart has "longs" but I've found they are not long enough.
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:47 AM   #20  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

After seeing a few of their items in Glamour magazine, I checked out the avenue.com website. It's a clothing company geared towards plus-sized gals, and they sell shoes and accessories as well. They have a lot of cute things, and they carry tall sizes, too.

I haven't ordered anything yet, though, because I'm on a budget.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #21  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I fall into the inbetween size too. Tall is too long and average is too short. So annoying!!!!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #22  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

OK - I am not sure if anyone mentioned this but Old Navy has a tall option for pants. I am NOT tall...but I was looking at their website today and saw the option. Also - they have a bunch of really cute jeans and pants on sale and most of the sizes are tall.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote