Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #16  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I like Fitday, for a couple reasons. First, the whole "import from dietfacts.com" thing is really useful for me. Second, it has easy to read and understand reports (I tried spark and daily plate, and both overwhelmed me after years of FitDay). Third, you can share it with your 3FC friends via profile link, which I find is another great way to keep yourself accountable.

That is what works for me - try several and see what works best for you!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #17  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I LOVE calorie counting on fitday... Beforehand I would have just been like "hmmm... two slices of pizza... probably like 500 calories" I typed in what I USED to eat on a "very bad" day... and holy cow!!! I was SHOCKED to find out that when I really ate BAD all day... I was at more than 8000 calories!!!!!

But now I have researched online just how bad (calorie wise) a standard, non-thin-crust piece of pizza is... and if I REALLY REALLY Want pizza for dinner that night, then I plan accordingly.

I type in everything I want to eat that day, I pack my lunch for work and eat ONLY that between 9-5... I sit at work on Fitday.com and punch in what I have for work-eating... what I will eat when I go home... and how much pizza I can "afford" to eat that evening.

If you want it--- you make it work. You just have to pre-plan what you really WANT. The one thing I have learned with calorie counting is that I cannot AFFORD to make impulse purchases. Nearly everything I eat is pre-planned. And it's AWESOME--- b/c that way I can eat what I WANT and know that I'm behaving and yet enjoying what I want.

(Hence why weekends are tough b/c I don't have that structure that I have during the work week!)

But it's worked so far--- 30 pounds since January 1st!!!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Just a tid bit I learned from somewhere on here -- if you use fit day and need something that's not in there, you can go to dietfacts.com, find your food and most of them have a button at the bottom that will automatically put it into your fitday. I personally like thedailyplate.
That is so cool about fitday and dietfacts. I did not know that. I've been using fitday for years and have most of my custom foods already entered into there. I've tried the others and will still go back to fitday. As long as you find one that you really like and are comfortable with, do what works best for you.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I never knew that about fitday. Very cool!

I use Spark. It took a few days of getting used to, but I love it now. I even love the corny "spark points" thing.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote