That's who I used to be!

• So...I have a new friend from school who has been to our house just a few times. She usually just comes over and sits at the dining room table and we do homework (pathetic, really, homework at my age!) but the other day we sat down in the living room. She kept looking up at our family picture on the wall and finally she said, "is that you?!?!?!" And even funnier, "Is that the same husband you have now?!?!?"

Hee hee hee! We don't really see ourselves as that different, you know, but jeezies, when I look at that picture it kind of scares me. I have this thick extra layer of fat all over my face and honestly, my husband looks like maybe he's holding air in his cheeks. And his chins. He looks SO different now - 115 pounds lighter - and I guess I've just adjusted. I look OLD in that picture and it was taken four years ago.

Life is good, ladies. I wish for all of you a good "that used to be me" experience this week. It's really refreshing!
  • That must have felt really great!

I'm looking forward to something like that, too.
  • That must have felt so wonderful! I can't wait for a "that used to be me" moment.
  • Good for you!! It is nice to have an objective opinion every once in a while!
  • I still don't feel that the weight I've lost is altogether noticeable. I can't wait until someone doesn't recognize the new me.
  • I was talking weight loss with someone tonight, and mentioned that I had lost 73 pounds. Even though I have known her since before I started losing weight, she was shocked. "I never guessed you would have had that much to lose." I had a "before" picture in my backpack. I wish that I had pulled it out to show her because when I looked at it the other day, I couldn't believe that it was me in the "before" picture. Maybe the next time I see her, I'll show her and I'll have one of those moments!

BTW - so cool that you're doing homework with a buddy!!
  • That is so great!