Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #1  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Default A little good, a little bad!

So, Friday I went for a physical/first visit with my new physician.

So, they bring you in... and my old arch nemesis... the DOCTOR'S SCALE... is beckoning me...

I get on it... the nurse fiddles around with it, mumbles the weight, writes it down... my eyes bug out. I'm like, "I'm sorry, what did you just say?" She's like "oh, it's 269". My mouth dropped open.

269? 269???? WHAT???

I WAS SO HAPPY! (you weren't expecting that, were you??)

This is the FIRST time in my life I've been HAPPY to hear what the doctor's scale says because it was actually LOWER than my one at home. That has NEVER happened before!!!

I was so happy--- plus, I have no medical history with this new doctor's office, so I could proudly start talking about me with the statement "Well, since Jan 1st, I've lost almost 30 pounds." How great is THAT? Instead of, "Jennifer, we need to talk about your weight. You need to start doing something about it" I could tell THEM "I am doing something! And I'm doing it WELL and I'm doing it in a healthy manner! And I am a SUCCESS!!!"

Oh, it was fabulous.

But that bad? Ugh--- two days later I ate like a PIG PIG PIG on Easter Sunday. Man, and I'm telling you, I actually did practice SOME RESTRAINT! (not as much as I could have, but I honestly ate HALF of what I would have eaten on Easter in the past). I typed in all my stuff on Fitday... and GASP... it was about 5500 calories!!!!!!!

And I ate HALF of what I normally would have in the past.

Disgusting, isn't it?

Well, I'm hoping all this food works its way out of my system. Easter morning I weighed in at 270. This morning (Monday) I weighed in at 275. And I know there's a lot of food floating around in there still.

So I'm hoping that I've got Today and Tomorrow to get this food flushed out of me... and hopefully the scale goes back down a bit. I weighed in at 275 last wednesday. So hopefully SOME loss will happen!!!!!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

That's a wonderful feeling about the doctor's office ^^ And I don't mind bragging to the doctor, and yes I am bragging when I do it because I'm sure they LIKE hearing that we're doing something about our weight, eh?

You know what's good about what you did on Sunday? You ate less than you did last year, and you logged your food! Two MAJOR improvements. And while the scale says 5 pounds up today, you may not have truly "gained" that. So, you're right. Wait a couple of days to see the true feedback.

And again, what great news about the doctor's office
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #3  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewJen View Post
So, they bring you in... and my old arch nemesis... the DOCTOR'S SCALE... is beckoning me...

No, not the SCALE!! UGH! You did fantastic though...how cool is that! I see my doctor in two weeks and hopefully he won't have to give me the lecture too.

As for Easter, that's in the past. Today's a new day! That's what I love about our tomorrow's....we can always forget what happened today.
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #4  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

To be up by five pounds you'd have had to have over eaten by 17,500 calories.

Now... I know you think you ate a lot, but did you eat THAT much?? .... It's probably sodium induced water weight Increase your water intake and you'll get rid of most of that in record time ... and I agree with what Faerie said... look at the positives

for the 260's!
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #5  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Thanks Mama--- I knew the number of calories had to be RIDICULOUS to up my weight... so the most I'm hoping for is a punishment of an extra pound I should have lost... hopefully I will still have lost SOME b/c I was good all the rest of the week!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #6  
No description available.

Congrats on the scale victory AND on logging your Easter eats! It is just a speedbump. Keep on keeping on!!! Strong work!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #7  
Meowsah

S/C/G: 317/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

I find that even if I slip up on my eating, it still feels good that now I'm at least aware of it rather than blissfully unaware of what I'm putting in my mouth. Good job to you for logging it and making an improvement upon Easter's of the past.

Congrats too on the scale victory, that's awesome!
Noelani is offline   Reply With Quote