3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Ashamed: Low Down Dirty Dog (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/137855-ashamed-low-down-dirty-dog.html)

Tonia 03-24-2008 10:19 AM

Wow. I really have nothing to add that hasn't already been very nicely said...just that I am sorry you had to go through that. You have lost almost 50 pounds!!!

:cp: :cp: :cp: Yea!!! :cp: :cp: :cp:

Be proud of that and try to move on.

Schmoodle 03-24-2008 11:51 AM

ReddAlice, just wanted to add my :hug: to the rest. You surely are normal, he is not.

What really struck me about this post though, maybe I am naive, or never thought about it, but there are people that are required to deal with verbal abuse in their line of work and can't do anything about it! I guess this is true for health care workers, police officers, anyone that deals with the general public, and I really find that shocking! In my line of work, if anybody was treated this way, there would be **** to pay, even if that person was a customer.

MamaToTomAndAlex 03-24-2008 12:18 PM

*hugs* ... what an utter jerk this guy was.

I totally want one of those T-Shirts that says : "I may be fat, but I can lose weight. You'll always be an a$$hole" ... Can I say that here?? lol ....

You've done a phenomenal job so far... don't let this guy be your reason for slipping.... let him be the motivation you need to push yourself forward. *hugs*

I'm soooo sorry ... :(

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 03-24-2008 01:12 PM

you have done so well, you have lost alot of weight! dont let an idiot like that get to you!

barbygirl43 03-24-2008 02:51 PM

That is just horrid. But look at you. You've almost lost 50 pounds and you are doing something to becoming a healthier person. I can say I've never had someone be that rude to me.

It just sucks there are people in this world who feel the need to tear people down to make themselves feel better. :grouphug:

Lyn2007 03-24-2008 05:15 PM

That's really rough. I know that kind of thing does sink deep into your core sometimes. I was 145 pounds when someone said that kind of thing to me. I don't think it is about weight. It's about them being angry and you being a close target.

You KNOW you are a good person, and you are worthwhile and have done amazing things with your weight loss. Big hugs.

Apple Cheeks 03-24-2008 09:03 PM

I am also in a line of work where I get verbally abused often.

I've been called a "fat giraffe," a "fat b***h" a "fat-***," and almost every nasty profanitiy you could ever imagine. I've also been the target of viscious tirades such as the one you posted, so I really have a lot of empathy for you. :hug: (Although, I'm actually sometimes amused by the creative ways people find to cuss me out and insult me.)

Most of the time I let it just roll off my back, but there are times when it does sting.

I just want to echo what the others have said: consider the source, try to visualize a different outcome or change the memory of it in your head to something better (I do this, and it does help -- but you have to repeat the new "memory" to yourself a few times before it will start to blunt the old one), and most of all, remind yourself that you have already lost so much weight!!! :carrot:

PaulaM 03-24-2008 11:40 PM

Sorry you had to listen to that. I totally agree with what everybody else in here said.

femme fatale 03-25-2008 12:11 AM

He is LUCKY I wasnt in that waiting room.

Reddalice 03-25-2008 12:22 AM

It's like... I know that man is full of it... but what I know and feel are two totally different, totally separate, things. I'm still feeling self conscious, and I suddenly can't seem to find any clothes that I can bare wearing (scrubs included). o.0

femme fatale 03-25-2008 12:25 AM

Girl, you lost 50 pounds!!! That is amazing. That being said, I understand how that must have made you feel. What did he look like? Unless he was George Clooney, he probably had NO room to talk. His ugliness should instantly make you feel better.

Healthy Mama 03-25-2008 12:31 AM

:hug: Wow - what a complete jerk. Try, try, try not to give him any more power over you by letting his mean, nasty venom hurt you anymore. He doesn't know you. You were just in his line of fire. Grrrrr. Some people's children...
You are beautiful, you are a good person, you have accomplished an amazing feat by losing 50 pounds, you are surrounded by people who love you. Repeat as needed.

Peace and hugs:hug:

Lovely 03-25-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddalice (Post 2115202)
It's like... I know that man is full of it... but what I know and feel are two totally different, totally separate, things. I'm still feeling self conscious, and I suddenly can't seem to find any clothes that I can bare wearing (scrubs included). o.0

Then it's time to focus on how beautiful you are! Do you wear make-up? On a day off, spend time appreciating your gorgeous features while applying some. Do you exercise? The next time you're moving around, feel and focus on how your body moves and works. Do you enjoy baths? Indulge yourself in a relaxing bubble bath.

If nothing else, you might have to fake it 'til you make it. No one can "see" how you're feeling. So. Stand up straighter. Walk prouder. Wear something that usually makes you feel good about yourself. (Even if you don't think it will right now.) Smile. Not for anyone else's benefit! But, it might just make you feel a little more yourself :)