3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What's your 'strategy' for Easter and any food challenges it might bring (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/137738-whats-your-strategy-easter-any-food-challenges-might-bring.html)

Beverlyjoy 03-22-2008 07:50 AM

What's your 'strategy' for Easter and any food challenges it might bring

We have a good thread going on Easter Candy .

Some folks will be having big family gatherings with a big dinner & lots of goodies and, of course, the Easter Bunny may bring candy and chocolate.

What's your strategy? It might help a friend here to share how you will deal with your temptations.

Beverlyjoy 03-22-2008 08:11 AM

Well...we were originally going to go out of town for Easter to my SIL's house. But, DH is still sick and has a fever, so we'll stay home. I have a big thing of stuffing already made - so, I'll get a turkey breast to cook, asparagus and salad.

We don't have any little ones around here - but, my sweet DH still likes his jelly beans at Easter. He got some last weekend. I've had a few and counted them in - when they started "calling" me, I threw them in the trash.

SoulBliss 03-22-2008 08:13 AM

My strategy is to stay on plan. Why would I deviate when it's been working so well for me?

Nancy CA 03-22-2008 08:32 AM

I've been looking for a thread like this one! I'm nervous about today, especially after speaking to my MIL and hearing all the goodies she'll have set out for today! I've decided that I'm not going to worry about points too much today (within reason). I WON'T be touching any chocolate. I know myself and one bite or a little piece of a bunny won't be enough to satisfy so it's best I just leave it alone! Good luck everybody and happy Easter!

dandk0204 03-22-2008 09:55 AM

Self-control...we have loads of goodies here for the kids's baskets and I told myself that I am not eating a peice of anything. It's just not worth it :) Good luck to all and I hope you all have a lovely Easter.

mj5 03-22-2008 11:14 AM

I am going to my sister's and she has a really high calorie dinner planned, w/ few healthy choices. I have offered to bring some additional items, but she wasn't terribly receptive to that idea....I am going to bring a salad anyway w/ dressing--she'll just have to deal w/ that!

I am going to make sure I eat a good breakfast and work out. Sundays are normally a 'choice' day for working out for me, but I will work out tomorrow.

Dinner is at 3, so I will also have a snack before I leave so I am not starving when I get there--less likely to make poor food choices.

Bottem line, it's one dinner. Even if I do eat a little more than "normal" it is not going to "ruin" anything--I just want to have a good plan for myself!

Lyn2007 03-22-2008 11:29 AM

My strategy is: anything that does not go into the kids' baskets goes in the TRASH immediately.

I won't steal from my kids' baskets this year.

I am going to use the hard boiled eggs for healthy yummy breakfasts, egg salad (made with mostly whites) and a few deviled eggs made with light mayo. I am going to eat *a lot* of asparagus!!

Dinner for Easter is a spiral ham, fresh asparagus, and low fat mashed potatoes. I was going to make a cheesey potato gratin, but we all know what would happen with that, don't we?

Not making a dessert... maybe a fruit salad though.

WildThings 03-22-2008 11:39 AM

My family did their big Easter dinner last weekend, I was the only one watching what I was eating, but they are all very supportive, so we had roasted chicken, roasted veggies, I had some healthy noodles, they ate regular, but I was fine with that because I had a substitutes. I had to drive back home after dinner, so they just held off on desert until I left so they were not eating in front of me.

As for candy, I haven't even gone through the candy isle at the store because while I like to believe I am strong enough to resist, I don't want to test it.

Diane in Delaware 03-22-2008 11:41 AM

[/B]We are eating out after Church service. It is a Brunch and it will be extravagantly endowed. I am going to have a portion of protein and fill my plate with a lot of vegetables. I'll have fresh fruit for dessert. Diane.

OnlyMeantWell 03-22-2008 11:53 AM

Eat small small small (spoonful-sized) portions of all my favorite things..eat slowly until I'm full (even if I haven't cleared my plate) and hit the gym hard on Monday

:)

Lovely 03-22-2008 12:08 PM

Sunday's plan is...

Exercise
Eat a good breakfast so that I won't be starving

When I do go to the 'rents place, I'll be eating on plan, counting points etc. I believe that I will plan in one Easter treat. But only one. Easter isn't one of the "special" holidays to me, so it means that it must remain on plan.

sarahdafiregal 03-22-2008 05:29 PM

Going for breakfast tomorrow morning w/my Mom & Dad, but I'm going to make a healthy choice...maybe oatmeal??

MIL is having us over for dinner. I'm going to drink a large glass of water before we go, and hope that she has some healthy food. I'm not a ham eater, so I'm lucky that way. They usually cook a turkey too. I'm more worriede about going there because of how much "fun" we're going to have. :P

fiberlover 03-22-2008 05:52 PM

I'm lucky - we don't do Easter dinner, so it is just another Sunday of food for me.

Tonia 03-22-2008 07:35 PM

Pray.

And, stay out of the kitchen!

LindseyLouWho 03-22-2008 10:24 PM

Well, my family left back for Texas on Friday evening after visiting for a week, so I'll be by myself on Easter. This will be the first time that I'm not going to be doing anything with family, but I do intend on having a nice meal for myself. I plan on baking a pork tenderloin and having some of that, and then roasting some veggies (either carrots and parsnips or green beans, haven't decided yet). As far as dessert is concerned, I'm not going to do anything special considering I've eaten my fair share of desserts this week while being a tourist in D.C. with my family. I was tempted to buy some Peeps at the grocery store, but I didn't see any sitting out in a display and I decided I didn't really need to hunt them down, either.