Old 03-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/249/150

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Help!!

So I tryed to lose the weight. I thought I was perpared, I was wroung!!! I just dont know what im doing anymore. I started off in Jan. at 257 I lost 19pounds in 5 weeks and now as of this morning im back up to 254. I want to do this! I NEED to do this!! I just feel im so unprepared! Any suggestions or things that have worked for you, im all ears!!!
Dayvie0827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there

Okay. Take a deep breath. One step at a time. Tell us what you've been doing/eating. Have you been following your plan this entire time? We might be able to give you suggestions.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Dayvie,
First of all, don't give up!
Second, quite a bit of that re-gain may be due to water retention or other factors, and may not really reflect fat re-gained.
Third, What have you been doing? What has worked? What hasn't? You just need to take a step back, take a deep breath, regroup, and go on from here. It's a process, and we have to be in it for the longterm, not for a quick fix. You have already started your journey, and you'll keep going. It's hard to give specific advice without knowing what your issues are, but the chicks on here, particularly the ones who have lost a lot of weight and kept it off, have been through everything you're going through and will go through. So, ask away! Post menus, ask for suggestions. You can do this!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

As Faerie and Schmoodle both said, it's really tough to offer suggestions until we know what sort of diet you were trying. But just from the sound of your plea, I'm going to guess you didn't have a structured plan and were just not eating. Best advice I ever got was from the peeps here at 3FC - Plan, plan, plan!

Please come back and give us a little more info so we know what wasn't working for you then we can help a little more. You are not alone and you CAN do this if you do it correctly.

Last edited by yoyonomoreinvegas; 03-19-2008 at 10:25 AM.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #5  

Default no plan!!

That IS the prob. i have no idea what im doing. When I first started to do this again I read EVERYTHING i could get my hands on and now im so confused! Everything says something diffrent. When i began i decided that if i just didnt eat all the CRAP (i.e. junk food,pop,cake, and candy) and eat healthy it was a start. So I did, I would eat a bowl of oatmeal and a piece of fruit for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a salad for dinner sometimes i would have baked chicken and a salad for dinner. I would also eat a 100 calorie pack thing if i was hungry before dinner. For desert i am a huge fand of the 10 calorie jello cups. I know a huge thing i need to do is start working out. I dont know how. I WILL not go to the gym. I work right next door to one and I just cant go in everyone is so skinny and fit. I feel uncomfortable. So I was trying to get dvds and do them at home but I cant seem to find any that arent geared to "firming up" or loseing 20 ponds. I will say that I got so fed up with myself yeasterday that I walk about a mile. I took my son out on his bike and just walked untill he was tired (hes 4 ) I could have gone another mile i felt so good. I dont know I want this I really do I just and soo lost!!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #6  

Wow sorry everyone im at work and was trying to write all that really fast. I am sorry if it was misspelled.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

That's a great place to start. Cut out the junk and try to eat healthy food for now. And exercise will be a big help. Now take a look around this board and see all the different plans people are following. What appeals to you and seems like it would fit in with your likes, dislikes, and lifestyle? Personally I like South Beach, it's what has been working for me, but any plan that is based on healthy eating should work for you. Lots of the chicks here on 100-lb. club do calorie counting coupled with healthy choices.

You don't have to go to the gym to exercise. I rarely go, but I like to walk and swim, and I have been enjoying the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs lately. There are lots of options, just look around and try different stuff until you find something you like.

One thing I will caution is to not starve yourself. I don't know if your menu you posted is everything you eat in a day, but what you listed is not a lot of food for an entire day. You need to make sure you are getting enough protein and veggies to keep you feeling satisfied and filled up. My goal every day is to make sure I eat at least 4 1/2 cups of veggies (measured raw).
For an example, here's what I'm planning to eat today:
B: Oatmeal pumpkin custard with coffee
S: Spinach and goat cheese frittata, V8
L: leftover chicken enchiladini casserole
S: latte made with skim milk, an orange
D: Sirloin and veggie kebabs, quinoa pilaf with mushrooms

Best of luck to you and feel free to keep asking questions!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-20-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You don't need to go to a gym to work out. I don't, but I get in 30-40 minutes per day.
You need to formulate a plan, since you sound kind of all over the place. There is nothing wrong with trying a plan for a couple weeks and then switching if it doesn't work for you.
Do you like to keep track of things? Calorie counting may be for you.
I am a control freak, so I love the numbers game LOL! I alternate calorie counting days with Nutrisystem days as I am moving over to straight calorie counting. If you don't like to think about food, you could consider a meal delivery system (if you can afford it).
Planning is really the key. That's what trips most people up. If you don't have a plan, it will be difficult to stick with any program.

You may want to start out for the next few days just writing down what you eat just to get a feeling for what type of plan might work for you. Post here and we can help you out!

Last edited by fiberlover; 03-20-2008 at 10:21 AM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Well then. You've made some good changes so far! Cutting out some of the junk, substituting snacks with healthier foods.

I second Schmoodle, time to find a plan. It IS confusing if you follow all the plans at once. So you can't do that. But, you can find one that appeals to you and follow it to see if it fits your lifestyle.

I found that, for me, following WW has helped. I enjoyed their open group support atmosphere, and their plan philosophy that we have to be able to eat real food so we might as well get a handle on it! I fit WW around my life, and so far so good!

Walking out with your boy is a great way to get exercise!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote