Old 03-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #16  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I sleep very little. It's the worst unhealthy habit I have. I am working on sleeping more. Sometimes I just have very hungry days, so I relate. Yesterday was one such day. I ate too many nuts. I did much better today though, but the dangerous hours are coming up (8-10pm). I will try to just drink water and maybe a cup of herbal tea. I relate to what a lot of you have shared-I too became fat eating "healthy" foods, just too much!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #17  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Must be something in the air today...I have felt like a bottomless pit today too. I slept fine but I have felt real down and unmotivated. I've felt like the energy has been zapped out of me! I just posted another topic because now I'm worried that going over my points (ww) was a setback I hope for a better day tomorrow!
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

When I am really tired, I also have the hardest time resisting temptation. So, it's not just hunger, but a lack of willingness to stop myself from eating the junk. So, yep, I'm commiserating - especially because I am looking at a very short night of sleep tonight.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:03 AM   #19  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

The same thing happens to me. If I don't get enough sleep, it all over the next day.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 AM   #20  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygal View Post
What a Catch-22. And helps me understand more my weight gain these past few years. I have chronic depression, which has caused terrible tiredness and insominia, not to mention the fatigue from weight gain and so my body is just asking for food.
I too have chronic depression (along with a suicide attempt) and I always feel tired. Worrying doesn't help either. Last night I didn't want to exercise but I forced myself to do some yoga. I felt much better after it and slept pretty good last night too. I'm hoping this is a trend!!
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

When I have a bad night for sleeping I feel the most hungry during the night when I am up and it is for ice cream, candy, cookies, cakes, and all those things that I want to stay away from. If I just go back to bed I find that in the morning then it is not quite so bad for me. My fiance has been having restless nights and all he wants to eat all day is the things that I listed above plus anything and everything that is sweet and not healthy.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I agree...when I am tired, it seems like I want to eat more. Always something, I guess - that makes me want to eat more than I should.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

So that's what's been causing my binge behavior. I rarely get enough sleep. I am really going to have to start getting more sleep. Maybe that's why college students gain weight - lack of sleep which leads to more eating, not alcohol!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #24  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Cool Sleep, Hormones & Depression

FIRST I MUST SAY 3 Beans your pic is too cute
Chicks I am in the right house. I have a sleep apena. I have to sleep with a sleep machine and I am currently being treated for depression. So, I guess all this is directly related to my being overweight. I want to eat right now. I think I am going to have some penut butter and apple.
Also, certain times of the month my hormones go crazy, I have noticed that there are some days when I can never eat enough. I never knew it was ALL related. So, it seems that during those times of the month it might be helpful to sleep more. I work part-time but am busy full time with family, friends, personal business etc.
Thanks all
Oh, I don't understand how to transfer the tracker to my postings (I bet it is something simple)
The babygal
Babygal is offline   Reply With Quote