Old 03-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #16  

Height: 5'8"

Lately I have shied away from threads like this - I felt as though I wasn't doing so hot so why would anyone want my opinion? Well...it is what it is.

I am just coming out of a struggle. I was sick for a couple of weeks and while I did well with my daily intake I was not exercising or taking in the water like I should. After I got to feeling better I was exercising and drinking enough water but my daily intake was not so good. It was INCREDIBLY frustrating!

You have been given some excellent, top-notch advice and I just want to say that it isn't a perfect road. As wise Diva, Trazey and others have pointed out - you will mess up. If you mess up for day or a week or a month...it is bound to happen. You have to make the decision to:

1. Start - whatever you do (for the record, I count calories and record EVERYTHING...always rounding up!).
2. Know that it is not always going to be easy - plan for that. What will you do when you mess up?
3. Seek support...3fc works well for that!

Oh, and as for the gym buddy...If you cannot find anyone I would encourage you to go anyway. If you go at the same time every day you will eventually find a buddy as a lot of people tend to work out at the same time every day.

Good luck to you! And, keep us posted on your progress!

Last edited by Tonia; 03-20-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote