Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #1  

Default Your personal ad....

Just feeling goofy tonight (and over tired ) -- if you had to write a personal ad about yourself, what would you write -- just a little rule -- you cannot use your appearance to define yourself. Because, I feel way too much emphasis is put on appearance before getting to know the whole person -- you don't have to be "looking for a mate" -- you could share your "friend-worthy qualities".

Me first --
Funny, a bit shy, creative mom of two looks for the same. Looking for a friend like me, someone who enjoys helping others, making her kids laugh and anything outdoors.

(sorry, I goofed the title -- "ad" not "add" )

Last edited by shelby897; 03-11-2008 at 10:43 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Interesting challenge. As someone who works for herself, I'm all about talking myself up professionally - 'cuz you gotta when you want someone to hire you. But personally, hmmmm.....

Okay.

Busy mother of five looking for a friend with a goofy sense of humor that can fit in a game of tennis between kids screaming and occasionally insane work deadlines. Must respect my personal lifestyle choices with food and exercise and understand that my choices do not mean I would ever judge you for yours.

Interesting exercise, Shelby. Thank you.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:36 AM   #3  

Okay.. My turn...

Shy at first, then very outgoing female. Works alot just out of boredom. Has a posse of friends she's always with, and couldn't live without, who will interview anyone who responds to this very deeply before ever letting me meet him. Has a strong faith in God, and loves her family more than anything. Looking for someone who has this in common, and who is nice, careing, compassionate, and funny. Enjoys, reading medical books and romance novels, studying text books "just for fun", watching I love lucy re-runs, dancing in the rain, storm chaseing, being in/on/around water, haning out with above-mentioned posse, laughing until her stomach hurts, working (yes I love my job!), blogging/journaling, playing Sims2 (though this is rare), and spending time with my mother (she's the coolest person in the world!).
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:04 AM   #4  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

me: outgoing, silly, open, vegitarian, cat wrangler, love kungfu (movies and practice).

you: easy going, love animals, love nature, love art.

must laugh at my jokes
actually think my jokes are worth laughing at A+!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Math puppy -

I do believe that I would qualify for the A+ because I genuinely enjoy your sense of humor!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote