3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What did you eat for dinner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/136696-what-did-you-eat-dinner.html)

DCchick 03-10-2008 07:54 PM

What did you eat for dinner?

I really liked the "what did you eat for lunch" thread and i love talking about what I ate so....

I just finished 1cup of basmati rice and 1 cup of lentils (made with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, tumeric, onion, cilantro and cayenne pepper) it was really good, but my portion was obviously way too big!

Edit: it also give me great ideas for meals!!

Schmoodle 03-10-2008 08:10 PM

I had Pork Diane, spinach and mashed rutabagas. For dessert, Greek yogurt with agave nectar and slivered almonds.

mandalinn82 03-10-2008 08:16 PM

I will be having a chicken fajita salad w/ grilled zucchini, bell pepper, black beans, olives, and fat free sour cream dressing. Yum!

Glory87 03-10-2008 08:25 PM

Heh, I am making Mandalinn's yummy parmesan chicken! 4 oz chicken, lightly breaded in egg and panko, baked with a tiny bit of parm/mozz cheese, low fat marinara sauce, served over 1/2 spaghetti squash! With a steamed broccoli crown on the side.

RealCdn 03-10-2008 08:34 PM

Let's see, it was:

- roasted balsamic pork tenderloin
- sauce made with the marinade and some chicken stock
- mixed broccoli and snow peas
- salad w/dressing

fiberlover 03-10-2008 08:40 PM

Today was a Nutrisystem food day so I had:

NS mac and cheese
1 cup of steamed broccoli
1 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 oz cashews

valpal23 03-10-2008 08:51 PM

busy day so I just had a lean cuisine with some steamed italian mixed veggies

(I liked the lunch thread too - this was a good idea dc chick)

Beverlyjoy 03-10-2008 09:11 PM

Nice thread!

I had:

one cornmeal pancake
3 strips of soy bacon
green beans with ICBINB spray

famograham 03-10-2008 09:12 PM

I had a bowl of Greek salad, my style :) No onions, no dressing, tiny bit of olive oil and balsamic, light feta....yummy!

murphmitch 03-10-2008 09:18 PM

I had a chicken breast sauteed in a little olive oil with sauteed zucchini, bell peppers and onions, all sprinkled lightly with a little fresh grated parmesan. For dessert I'm eating lowfat ricotta sweetened with splenda, vanilla and a little cocoa powder.

walking2lose 03-10-2008 09:26 PM

All the dinners sound yummy! We had soft tacos with lean ground turkey. I had mine without tortilla - so in a bowl went ground turkey, reduced fat mexican cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, a tablespoon sour cream, hot sauce. I had a couple squares of Unique Origins Dark Chocolate for dessert.

DCchick - one cup of lentils and one cup of rice doesn't sound at all like too much to me. They are filling, but just a cup of each isn't that much!

Lovely 03-10-2008 10:09 PM

MmmmmMMmmmm :D

I had:
Tomatoes & Fresh Mozz salad, Steamed Broccoli and a bowl of Butternut Squash Soup. (And I couldn't help myself... an Oat & Caramel Fiber One bar for dessert ;))

SoulBliss 03-10-2008 10:12 PM

So many good things here!

I had a salad with romaine, avocado, veggie protein crumbles, rice wine vinegar, Goddess dressing and sprinkled dried herbs.

Must! Go! Shopping! :o

Rosemund 03-10-2008 10:41 PM

I had a Morningstar vegetable patty with cheese, a kiwi, and some Oreos (I wanted them, and they fit in my calories.)

But seeing what the rest of you had, I feel less than virtuous.

chunkydunkin 03-10-2008 10:55 PM

Boy, I have lived out in the sticks waaay too long! I don't even know what some of the yummy things you are talking about are..... fajitas and soft tacos are about it!! I had 3 oz. lean beef steak grilled, 5 oz of baked potato and broccoli. I had an apple for dessert and one tablespoon of chocolate chips. What is panko? Greek yogurt? Agave nectar (hmmm-I think agave is tequila...) I gotta just laugh at myself! I think I'll change my name from chunky dunkin' to Boondocks Betty or something!