3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What are you doing? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/136599-what-you-doing.html)

wendymeows 03-09-2008 10:40 PM

What are you doing?

I'm new to these forums and since this one is not under any one program, I am wondering what program you are following.

Lyn2007 03-09-2008 10:44 PM

I count calories, eat healthy foods, drink lots of water, and ride my exercise bike 3x a week. So far it's working!

SoulBliss 03-09-2008 10:50 PM

Hi Wendy! Welcome!

I eat a whole foods, vegan, low carbohydrate diet and monitor/control my calories. I also exercise (yoga, weight lifting, treadmill and aqua exercise) as much as possible.

What are you doing? :)

Nori71 03-09-2008 11:07 PM

WELCOME!

I also count calories (while loosely following The Zone), drink lots of water and exercise approx 10 hours/week - cardio and weight training. This is something I can see doing for the rest of my life. I did a very restrictive *diet* 10 years ago and learned my lesson. It has to be something I can do forever. Not start and finish, kwim?

Tonia 03-09-2008 11:11 PM

I count calories - try to stay between 1600-1800, under 2000. I also drink at least 64 oz of water daily and exercise at least 5 days a week.

Actually, I have been very ill for the last couple of weeks - just now starting to feel better - so I will be going BACK to this in the morning.

Good luck to you!

wendymeows 03-09-2008 11:15 PM

I am following WW because I really need the structure. I am not going to meetings though, just doing it at home and with the support I find here. Eating my points and starting off by walking 1 mile a day and then will up my exercise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulBliss (Post 2092285)
Hi Wendy! Welcome!

I eat a whole foods, vegan, low carbohydrate diet and monitor/control my calories. I also exercise (yoga, weight lifting, treadmill and aqua exercise) as much as possible.

What are you doing? :)

Cassie501107 03-09-2008 11:31 PM

I count my calories and exercise for at least 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week.

:)

BattleAx 03-09-2008 11:35 PM

I calorie count. I eat mostly whole foods, heavy on the protein and fiber.

I exercise about 45 minutes doing some type of light-moderate cardio (walking, hiking, etc.) 3x a week, and 15-20 minutes Pilates 2x a week.

joylove26 03-09-2008 11:46 PM

I'm following the LA Weight Loss plan. I used to go in to the center, now I'm just doing it on my own. I also try to exercise several days a week even if it's just walking.

Azure 03-10-2008 12:03 AM

I'm following Low Carb, a-la Atkins. I'm also counting calories, generally keeping them between 1500-1700.

Hitting the gym 5 days a week is the goal (3 days of lifting, 2 days of high-intensity cardio), though so far this semester, 4 days is all I've managed. I'm hoping this week is the week!

:)

Healthy Mama 03-10-2008 12:52 AM

Hi Wendy
I'm calorie counting - between 1500-1800 a day. I also workout at the gym every second day - 40 min cardio and 1 hr 15 min of weight training.

xGurlyGrlx 03-10-2008 02:37 AM

I am following the South Beach Diet. I also count my calories just because I like to keep track. I exercise about 5 times a week - 3 days of intense cardio and 2 days walking 2 miles. I also do weights maybe once or twice a week. I'm slowing building up my exercise.:^:

traci in training 03-10-2008 06:39 AM

I count calories - 1500 is the goal - and work out 3-5 days per week. I try for five, sometimes have to settle for three. I do 30 minutes interval on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the rowing machine, 15 minutes of weights.

I used to try to eat five fruits and veggies per day, but at the first of the year I upped that to eight. Read a really good book over the Christmas break that emphasized whole foods and plant foods, so I'm trying to change my eating habits a little bit. I focus on fiber and protein and try to stay away from white stuff five days per week.

Welcome to the forum!

2beautiful2Bfat 03-10-2008 06:49 AM

Wow it seems like most of us are calorie counters. I started out that way watching calories and carbs and recently switched to the fat smash diet.

Lovely 03-10-2008 07:30 AM

I'm a WWer :) Flex Points system. Treadmill 5 x a week. Dvd work-outs on the weekends. So far so good.

fiberlover 03-10-2008 09:19 AM

Hi Wendy - I do Nutrisystem every other day and calorie count on the opposite days. I am striving for 50/25/25 (carb/fat/protein) at 1400-1500 calories.

Minimum 30 minutes of exercise each and every day, with heavier days thrown in there with strength training.

FB 03-10-2008 10:03 AM

Hiya!

Another calorie counter. I zig and zag between 1200-1500, leaning heavy on the proteins. I've cut out refined sugar and flour for the most part.
I also aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise 7 days a week, with my trusty old butt kicking Nordic Track, stationary bike or brisk walks.

karmuz 03-10-2008 10:18 AM

I'm actually not counting anything. mainly, i'm just eating "clean" with no processed foods, loads of fresh veggies and fruits, and limited starches. I've also recently gone about 90% wheat free due to a mild allergy.. i should go 100% but i find that's too hard, and wheat isn't going to kill me, but i do have a mild reaction that makes it worth it to stay away most of the time.
I exercise about 3 times a week, mainly cardio/jogging, for about 30 minutes.

GirlyGirlSebas 03-10-2008 10:35 AM

Another calorie counter here. I started out on Southbeach and I still follow most of their plan. The recipes are delicious and Hubby will eat like this with me.

barbygirl43 03-10-2008 10:36 AM

I just plan my meals and watch my portions. Ocassionally I count calories to make sure I'm still eating in a nice range. I also try for 30 minutes to 2+ hours of exercise a day doing various things like Yourself Fitness on the Xbox, jogging, yoga, Walk away the Pounds DVDs.

aerotigergirl 03-10-2008 11:29 AM

I'm a WWer, and I'm on the Flex Plan. I love the "flex" part of it because nothing is off limits. I also try to get varied exercise. I can't stand being in the gym all the time, so I try to get a mix of hiking/dreadmill/running/mountain biking/walking the dog for exercise.

So far this plan is working well for me!

lalique 03-10-2008 01:33 PM

I'm just kinda doing my own thing right now. I hate counting stuff (points, calories, etc..) So I'm just trying to eat healthy... No junk food, fast food, pop, candy, etc... 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day, watching serving sizes, and portions very closely, LOTS of water, and 30 minutes of exercise a day!

I just started (again) after many attempts and failures. So I can't tell you how well it works...

kissingginger 03-10-2008 01:49 PM

I too am "winging it". I don't count calories - but I am eating organic, whole foods (nothing processed) and if I want something I make it from scratch. I don't use anything with artificial sweetners. I am trying to watch portion sizes and I am now finally exercising lots - lots of walking, sprints, outdoor exercises, using my treadmill when it's too yucky outside!~

Cheers, Ginger

Charbar 03-10-2008 02:38 PM

I'm really just making up my own thing.

Here is a list of things that I'm doing and not doing:

quit drinking soda (on Feb 17th!)

go to the Y 2-3 times a week. (I got a personal fitness trainer that came free with my membership!)

no processed foods - this can mean different things to different people. For me.. no more frozen diet meals. They NEVER filled me up.

I try to stay away from canned goods. I still cook w/ low salt soups sometimes.

Try one new food a week. (this week is going to be soy milk)

Try to have a salad once a day... w/ the spray dressing.

Try to lower red meats... (not having too much luck w/ this yet)

Watch my sugar intake! I have noted that it is a complete trigger for me.

Do not limit any fruit or veggie. Go crazy!

Limit the "whites" no more white soft bread (ie. wonder bread) no white rice. (I'm adapting to brown rice)

I've really cut back on butter and cheese - it's actually shocking how much I used to eat!

I eat dark chocolate when I want something sweet. No more chocolate bars - or bags of chips.

I'm just trying to put in healthy whole foods into my meals.

Increase the good fats.. lots of nuts and avocados

Today for lunch I had a spinish and romane salad w/ dried cranberries, roasted pumpkin seeds (I roasted them myself - can't get enough! - full of zinc!) cucumber and about 2 oz of chicken breasts.. awesome!

The biggest thing this time: I'm not counting calories!! I'm not counting anything! I know that someday I might have to... but my theory is stay away from the junk and exercise and it will come off!

The biggest help for me is quitting the soda - I was drinking so much sugar it effected my taste buds. Food tastes better now.

pamatga 03-10-2008 02:41 PM

I've been everywhere, man....

In the past six months, I have been following WW Flex Points, switched to SBD and as I sit here I think my food plan is looking more like Sugarbusters than South Beach but I also began counting calories again last week so let's say it is "six of one and half dozen of another".

I like the fat and carbs guidelines that are the "core" of South Beach diet but I don't like how you are supposed to try one food to see how your body reacts and then another, meanwhile you gain weight if you goof. That kind of trial and error is demoralizing to me. However, having said that, I do like how the plan revolves around healthy eating. I feel so much better when I follow it and I don't feel like cheating like I did when I was on WW flex points. Left to my devices, I can choose "bad" food for me and rationalize it too. (it's my evil twin, I keep saying)

I am losing on 2000 calories a day (I am probably heavier than most of you so I can eat more) being moderately active. I calculated how many calories I can have from thedailyplate.com so as long as I am losing I am okay with that. I decided to begin counting calories just because I overeat. Period! And yes, you can overeat on healthy foods. I do all the time! When I hit 2000 I am done for the day. Luckily, it is usually around 6:30-7:00 pm. I sometimes eats snacks but not always. I like a big breakfast, a medium lunch and a light dinner.

Schmoodle 03-10-2008 02:55 PM

south beach. with some calorie counting thrown in occasionally for a sanity check.

Hopefulpinkangel 03-10-2008 04:40 PM

I'm on WW flex plan, but don't go to meetings. I also try to have some sort of exercise, but I need to be more consistant with it.

Merksie 03-10-2008 05:04 PM

My plan . . .

avoid processed foods and limit high-glycemic index carbs

journal calorie intake/expenditure, aiming for a deficit of 1,000 per day

walk at least 1 hour per day (weight training and pilates-style floor exercise to be added in a month or so)

Beverlyjoy 03-12-2008 02:44 PM

I do "organized" calorie counting. I range from 1300 - 1800 calories a day. It's usually around 1400-1500 calories every day. I make sure I have 5-7 servings of fruit and veggies. My protein can be soy, meat or lite dairy. I have two servings of dairy everyday. I try to follow this. I have six serving of "starch" too - aim for whole grain when possible.

Everyday I do meditation, stretching, journal my food (calories and other food values), drink lots of water and try to keep a positive mental attitude.

What has made the difference for me this time (out of trying many many times to get this weight off) is meditation - it seems to smooth out some of life's stresses for me.

Also, this time I am willing to take classes in anything that will help me in this journey.

I have some physical problems (foot & back), so I don't do alot of formal exercise. But, I stretches everyday.

betty grrl 03-12-2008 03:28 PM

I'm also doing the WW program at home (I have all the material from many tries at it). I know it works BUT I'm the one that has to make it work. I've also started back at the gym...just doing the treadmill and elliptical for now (still trying to get used to exercise again). I'm also a newbie (just joined on Monday), I can't tell you how nice it is to have people that know exactly what you are going through!! And it's also very motivating to see all the before and during pics.