3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New Big Girl says Hello~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/136590-new-big-girl-says-hello%7E.html)

wendymeows 03-09-2008 09:04 PM

New Big Girl says Hello~

I am so glad I found this site!! I have been looking for a place to talk to others that are understanding about weight issues. I never had a weight problem until I moved out and got married. I miss the skinny me. I never imagined myself getting to this point. I guess none of us really do. But I am now at 241 pounds and have got to take the weight off. My blood pressure is running alittle high so my doctor put me on diuretics and said to lose 10 pounds. Well, I need to lose alot more than that and I don't want this weight to start causing me health problems. Heart problems run in my family (my dad had a heart transplant 2 year ago) I don't want to go down that road. I'm a young mom and want to be here for my kids every day I can!! So...I started a cross between WW and Slim Fast last week. I am mainly doing WW at home on my own and only using the slim fast shakes for breakfast because I have never been a breakfast person and it's something to have first thing. I'm not going to weigh weekly because I worry it will bum me out if there is no loss. So I am waiting for my next Dr. visit in a month to see what weight I have dropped. I started walking a mile and day along with my new way to eat! I would love to hear from alot of you about your weight loss, things to do/not do. I have so many questions........

Jen415 03-09-2008 09:16 PM

Welcome Wendy!! It sounds like you are off to a great start!

Lyn2007 03-09-2008 09:18 PM

You're off to a good start! Mostly I am counting calories, eating healtheir foods (lots more fruit and veggies and way less junk), and drinking water and teas. I ride my exercise bike 3x a week. So far, so good! Hope to hear all about your progress over the next few weeks!

Lovely 03-09-2008 10:16 PM

:wel3fc:

famograham 03-09-2008 10:55 PM

:welcome3: Wendy!

You've definitely found the right place!

:hug:
Linda

Tonia 03-09-2008 11:08 PM

:welcome:

Gela 03-09-2008 11:12 PM

:welcome: It's great that you're here! This is a great place for support and ideas. I also never had a weight problem in my life but it piled on when I moved out and got married too. I am a calorie counter and walker. I love walking. That's my primary exercise. I remember being exhausted after walking my first mile (this was only in Jan of this year) and now I can walk 3 brisk miles with no problem. If I can do it anyone can.

Cassie501107 03-09-2008 11:26 PM

Welcome, I'm glad you're here! Weight loss is totally possible, just take it a day at a time. :hug:

lalique 03-09-2008 11:28 PM

:welcome3:

You sure came to the right place! Welcome!

joylove26 03-09-2008 11:37 PM

Welcome. You are off to a great start and will find so much support and motivation here. Walking is my favorite exercise and is so good for you.

Healthy Mama 03-10-2008 12:58 AM

Welcome Wendy!
I can relate! I miss the skinny me too! But not for long because soon (in relative terms :D) I'll be in that body once again - but this time with waaayyy more muscles because I'm just loving my weight training! I do the cardio because I have too, but the weight training I actually enjoy! Find something you like to do and it becomes your "me" time!

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!
Cheers,
Robyne

barbygirl43 03-10-2008 10:29 AM

:welcome2: You have found a wonderful place for support. The best advice I can give is don't give up. I've found weight loss to be a little of trial and a whole lot of error. :) I've picked myself up many times and I think I may have finally found something that works for me. I'm a planner. I plan my meals out a week at a time and write in my exercise schedule. Occassionally I'll enter my calories into fitday just to see where I'm at but for now I don't wanna count calories full time.

good luck and make sure you post often. :)

GirlyGirlSebas 03-10-2008 10:31 AM

:welcome2: Wendy!