Old 03-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Default New here!

I'm new here and this is excatly the type of thread I was looking for. I need to be able to write out what I ate did and have some sort of accountability! and this seems to be working really well for others! Congrats to all of you on your loss so far, I've been amazed on how well everyone has done!

Today:
Breakfast: 1 cup kashi go lean crunch (almond honey flax) and 1 cup plain soy milk
Snack: Brown rice cake with 1 slice of soy cheddar
Lunch: Subway (i know, processed icky, but I can walk there and forgot to bring lunch!) 6" roasted chicken breast with all the veggies and fat free honey mustard, water
Snack: apple, brown rice cake
Dinner: Salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, pepperocini, 1oz feta cheese and sugar free dressing

Exercise: 30min cardio followed by 1hr of yoga
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome DCchick. Your plan looks great. Keep posting - so we can get to know you.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #18  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys. I had the world's worst day yesterday, but today I am back on track 100%! I swear! I'm going to shower, WATP my butt off, phew. Back on track. I had a mini binge last night, but unfortunately I had nothing to binge on, so I just ate like maybe a 1/4 c of organic granola and picked at some sesame and flax seeds before I gave up and realized I wasn't going to be able to binge. =/ =/ =/ Really, it was the world's lamest binge ever. But I journaled it, forgave myself, and I'm moving past and getting back on track.

Welcome, DCchick! Nice menu. I love Kashi cereals.

Beverly, I'm sorry you're in so much pain. =( =( That's awful about the brace. Congratulations on the two pound loss though!!!! That must feel wonderful!!!

math, that's a good idea about the all-female school. I'm going to look into it. I bet it would be pretty supportive. I think I've been turned off by the idea of having a male teacher.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you had a tough time this weekend. But you're right. You've come wayyyyyyyy too far to give up. I'm glad you're doing what you need to do to get on track. You are a rock!

Ginger, does the soreness drive you away from exercise? Or do you enjoy it? Maybe you should take it easy, and get kinda sore, but not too sore. It sounds like you're working yourself really hard. Which is really good. But being in pain can't be fun.

Purple, THANK YOU!! I have no idea why I want a 30 pound buffer, lol! I guess because I can easily fluctuate between 5 pounds, and so with 30 pounds, I can't naturally fluctuate back to 300. Heehee. Yea I have no idea. I just want to put it farrrr away from me. =D

mj, YAY FOR FINISHING CLEANING!!!!!!!!!! Yay for getting rid of your bigger clothing! Don't let it get you down -- just keep on going. Where did you guys end up going? Did you find any good bargains?? I hope you're having so much FUN!!!!! It's funny, I ordered two new WATP DVDs too. And a stretchy band because I always stop my dvd after they get their stretchy bands out. I could use hand weights instead, but I'm such a joiner that I get unmotivated when I can't do the same thing as they are! hahahahah. The baby bella ratatouille looks phenomenal! I'm going to have to make that.

How are you doing, Bethz? Darkblue?
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #19  

thanks for the welcome everyone! just so you know a little about me, i'm a 26 yr old event planner living in washington dc. i just moved in w/ my boyfriend of 4 1/2 yrs about 6months ago (so far so good!) ive struggled w/ my weight my whole life and have 'tried every diet' i tend to go in extremes, like i will cut out alot of food types or go REALLY low calorie, or i'll just pig out. no happy medium! thats what i'm trying to change!

i think i'm going to add some more food durning the day b/c the last two nights i've been really hungry after dinner (I just ate 10 saltines, a piece of soy cheese and some cherry tomatoes, nothing too bad, but over my cals for the day) i just made some tea so hopefully it will make me stop eating tonight!! nights are the WORST for me. soooo, i'm going to try adding some raw veggies and fruit during the day tomorrow. i've also added more protien in for tomorrow.

bigtxmomma--not a binge at all! good thing there wasnt chips and chocolate in your house!

and yes, MJ5 the ratatouille looks awesome!! def going to try it.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #20  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Beth's Daily Journal

Thanks for the support ladies. I was able to walk in the halls for a mile at lunchtime today...

B: english muffin, egg white, ff american cheese (3pts)
L: rykrisp crackers, grapes, banana (7)
S: clementine oranges (1)
D: tortilla, chicken, brocolli, cheese, salsa (7)
S: pretzels, saltines and salsa (5)

Weigh in for Biggest Loser at work...down 2 pounds since last Tues; official WW weigh in on Friday.

Have a great week, everyone!Bethz
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 AM   #21  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I got to change my ticker today!!! Yay!!

Im actually scared this is some kind of mistake. I know its only one lb but ive been stuck at 260 for at least a week and a half so it feels truly victorious for me.

It has actually made me stick to my calories better because losing weight is more fun then eating something you don’t really need too!

I better get to bed now, but when I wake up im not going to weigh myself, because I don’t want to be disappointed if the scale says something different.
Its one of those scales that fluxuates by a pound or two…I usually get on it 4 times in the morning and take the number that comes up the most.

Anyways, good night!

Rhonda-is the sugar cravings triggered by something? Emotional, eating carbs, nervousness ect? You know, I quoted that saying too when I was talking to my partner about how I want to lose 110 lbs. you can do it girlygirl. We are all cheering you on, we belive in you

Ginger- I did curb my appetite! Thanx for asking! Staying on plan as far as food goes is always the hardest part for me. What sort of tools do you use to stay on food plan?

Bigtxmomma- 4lbs! whooo hooo!! Good luck finding a school that works, keep me posted. (I always choose girls when I can, my doctors dentists…kungfu teacher.. hee hee)

Bethz- congrats on the two lb down. Isn’t it exciting to see the progress? Good job getting the walking in the halls at work too.

Mj- its always kind weird when I forget to hop on the scale too but some days it is DEFENITLY missed on purpose! Youll lose those 36 lbs before you know it. You did it once right? Those old clothes wont fit you for long! Have fun on your adventure! Let us know how it went!

Purple-good luck with battling the sugar monster fairy thing.
You are very nice to help your friend out with here surgery. That sorta stuff is scary to have to do alone. Youll have to sneak in your exercise. I do that some days, like parking as far away from my destination as possible (like the grocery store) so I have to walk twords it. Im also fond of speed cleaning as a form of cardio! Hee hee

Bevjoy-its amazing what happens when you just write it all down, even if you go over. I found that im more likely to stay on track the next day. Good luck with your pain. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Dcchick- welcome! Its amazing what inspiration everyone here can be, and also helpful when the hard parts about dieting rears its ugly head! Did you do your cardio and yoga? Do you do yoga at home or a class? Nights are hard for most people.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chickies....I made it thru another day - ate a couple hundred extra calories before bed..but, still in a good range. Today, I go for my physical therapy evaluation. Here's hoping....

Today's plan:

meditation
journal food
journal feelings
lots of water
PMA - I'll try
stretches
ice

breakfast - cottage cheese, peaches, pnb toast
lunch - egg white scramble with lite cheese, cauliflower, cin.toast
snack - cheese toast, apple
dinner - ham and bean soup, carrots
snack - cereal, flax, skim milk

I'll be back for personals later. Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-12-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Beverly, sorry about the pain but you always amaze me the way you handle things so calmly. and congrats on the lbs. lost...you deserve it!

YAY math! It's fun when that scale finally gives up the love and shows your hard work.

Bethz--2 lb. is great...be you can get 3 for your offical WI If not, that is a good rate to lose per week.

DC--if you are genuinely hungry I would say add in a small snack in the evening maybe? Or make dinner a little bigger...you are smart to not just make yourself go hungry, that never works in the long run. And welcome to our group!

txmomma-- sorry you had a rough day yesterday...hope this one goes much easier for you.

I'm havings some issues of my own here lately, just feeling depressed and hopeless lately. Not about weight loss, just life in general. I might have to get rid of my dog for various reasons, but can't find anyone to take her so I am trying to keep her...she's a really great dog, too good to go to the pound. BUT, there are issues here now it's very hard to keep her, so I'm feeling depressed and sad but have to keep up the smile and shuttle the kids around like usual.

My son started tball last night and once again he has a coach that will teach him nothing. i don't expect much, it's YMCA for 4 year olds and the coaches are parents (ours actually didn't even know he would be a coach, his wife signed him up and never told him!) anyway, he actually ducked to the ground when my son threw the ball to him DUCKED! Then turned to run for the ball and said "This kid's going to kill someone" not realizing it was MY son he was talking about. Thing is Tyler can really throw and it would have been a perfect catch had he put his hands out and not ducked with hands over his head! At the end I heard him say "guess I gotta learn to catch." I still was not happy over the comment on my son "killing someone" because he actually knows how to throw the ball! Anyway, tyler had a blast so I guess that's what is important.

Enough venting...off to another day.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chickies!!
Well, I made it a priority to get in here and catch up with you guys this morning. I am doing pretty well staying on plan these days, and making great strides with my exercise. I've been using the WATP a lot, and swimming and walking. I set a goal of 900 minutes of exercise this month, and I'm already halfway there. That is a biggie for me. I think only one other month in the last year I hit my exercise goal, and it was 700 minutes. I haven't lost much lately, 1 lb. last week, but I'm trying not to focus there, and give it some time.

Here's today:
B: crockpot steel cut oatmeal with dried cherries and walnuts, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: V8, string cheese
L: leftover shrimp stir fry
S: latte, cottage cheese with tomatoes and cucumber
D: Pork and Pepper Salad
S: Greek yogurt with agave nectar or a piece of breakfast cheesecake

Wow, that looks like a lot, I feel the need to explain! The cheesecake is called protein packed breakfast cheesecake and is made with mostly ff cream cheese, nonfat cottage cheese, and eggs, sweetened with Splenda. It's really yummy. Also, this is my pre-menstrual hungry week, so I'm trying to head off any pitfalls by keeping my tummy happy with all my favorite healthy things!

mathpuppy, I love your idea of a contest with myself. Girl Scout cookies have been an issue for me lately. Just yesterday, DD opened a box of Samoas, but I stayed away. I placated myself with a little bit of dark chocolate instead.
bigtxmomma, don't ya just love the WATP? They really fit the ticket for me right now. Congrats on getting under 300, you must be so excited!
Hi bethz, don't think we've "met" yet! I plan all my menus for the week. On days I have to go to the office, I do crockpot stuff. I use the weekend to prep ahead as much as I can and I usually always make a pot of soup on Sunday to have around for lunches or emergency dinners. Congrats on the 2 lbs!
Rhonda, I know you've been playing around with a modified SB plan lately. Have you been letting small amounts of sugar back into your diet? I experimented recently to see if I could handle having some "real" treats with sugar in them from time to time. It hasn't gone too well, actually. I really miss the days when I was completely off sugar and wasn't craving it either. So I'm trying to tighten things up again. I'm still using a small amount of agave nectar, so we'll see if I can handle that... Just wondered if that's what was going on with you. We are learning all the time aren't we? YOU ARE NOT QUITTING!!, okay?
Ginger, you hang in there girl! Not giving up is the key to our success!
Hi mj! Sounds like you have a very clean house! Hope you had fun on your excursion and found some good bargains.
Hi purple, I'm sad to hear the spring craziness has started already! We get a couple more weeks before - but with Easter coming so early, it's really starting to feel like spring is on the way!
Beverly, I'm sorry you are having pain. You are doing great and it's a wonder to me you keep your outlook so positive. You are very much an inspiration to me!
Welcome, DCchick!! If that's Wash DC, then we are probably not too far apart! The accountability and support here are amazing tools. Yes to adding more protein and veggies! The bulk in the veggies and the protein really help keep you from getting hungry. The saltines are probably not the best choice - not too much nutrition in there!
purple, maybe it's just the winter doldrums that has you! Spring will be here soon. I hope things work out with your pup. That's too funny about the "coach". He was probably just embarrassed that he ducked and trying to blame it on your son!

Hope you chickies have a wonderful hump day. Friday will be here soon!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #25  

here's my day today:
Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 egg whites, slice of soy cheese and an ezekiel wrap with a few splashes of tabasco sauce
Snack: baby carrots, green or peppermint tea
Lunch: Greek salad (lettuce, sprouts, tomatos, red onion, kalamata olives, pepperocini, 1oz feta cheese, 2tbspn sugar free dressing)
Snack: Big grapefruit, green or peppermint tea
Dinner: 1 cup basmati rice, 1 roasted chicken breast
Exercise: 45-50min cardio, 3 sets of abs

schmoodle-Ugh..i've had to walk by girl scout cookies 5 times this week. i feel your pain. and yes, Washington DC! i know, saltines, not the best choice..but sooo yummy. cheese and crackers is one of my favorite things! hopefully i will avoid the saltines today! (we have a cookie jar of them on our kitchen counter)

purplefirefly-yeah, it's hard for me to differentiate b/w REAL hunger and just appetite!! i've tried moving calories around today and added some to dinner, hope it helps! I agree w/ schmoodle, the nice weather and long summer days will have you feeling better soon enough! Everyone seems to be in a little bit of a funk right now

Bethz-congrats on the 2lb loss!

mathpuppy-congrats on getting the scale to move!! yes, it's a yoga class at my gym, i love it. and i did do my cardio. it could have been a little longer and more intense, but still good!
Old 03-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, hey DC, maybe you can see me from here! (waving)
Cheese and crackers are a great and healthy snack! I love Laughing Cow lite Cheese spread on reduced fat triscuits or other whole grain crackers for an afternoon snack.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #27  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys, quick check in. Food going well. I'm trying to get exercise in this afternoon. Will catch up on personals today. =D =D =D

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #28  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Our 'adventure' was fun! Believe it or not, I didn't buy anything. I know, I am the shopping 'queen' and I didn't splurge on anything! I found lots of great bargains, but after all the stuff we got rid of, I just couldn't bring myself to buy more stuff. Plus, I want to save my next bargain shopping splurge for a smaller size, not more of my current size! It's ok, we still had a great time!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, rough week! How are you holding up! Fantastic that you lost 2lbs! How was the pt eval?

DCchick--welcome! I have found that having a cup of hot tea and a small planned snack in the evening gets me through those times when I feel like I can't stop eating....Yea, the ratatouille was really good! I used more mushrooms and a chunkier sauce, but it was really good. The roast time was a little long, I thought, but then again I cut the veggies pretty small...

txmomma--Yea for getting back on track! It's funny, but I did find lots of great bargains...just didn't buy any of them....w/ all the cleaning we did, I just didn't want to clutter things up w/ more stuff! I decided that I want to save my next bargain shopping spree for smaller clothes, not more of the same size! Good for you for getting a stretchy band! I really like it! I mix it up w/ hand weights and the walk belt too. And some days I use nothing to give my arms a break. The ratatouille was great--I used more mushrooms and a chunkier sauce, but YUMMM! Oh yea, the roast time was a little long, I thought, but then again I cut the veggies pretty small...

bethz--great exercise at lunchtime yesterday! Great job on the loss!

math puppy--Congrats!!!!

Purple--Sending you a big hug! Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. And w/ your dog...yikes! That alone would probably send me into a deep, dark depression. We have two dogs and the thought of having to get rid of either of them for any reason would tear me apart. I know something will work out for you. Vent away, that's what we are here for!

Schmoodle--Sounds great!

Ok, I need to get my grocery list done. I am going shopping in the am--beat the crowds at the store!

Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:45 AM   #29  
gonna win the thin!

im haveing a good day, my cat wont stop cuddling with me so its a little hard to type, but maybe she is just trying to say she is proud of me for sticking to my cal range today! hee hee

oh i know i said i wasnt going to weigh myself today but i couldnt help myself, i just had to. and it wasnt some freak accident! i still weighed under 260!

im feeling so inspired and good about things. i have enough confidance for eveyone. go ahead take a slice. its zero calories and fill with good stuff like motivation and determination. i dont even care if im im being sickeningly perky

whew, anyways i hope you are all well and dont worrie purple things wont be down in the dumps for ever, before you know it youll be the perky one and ill be grumbling about somthing.

beverlyjoy- 100 extra cals is nothing well, at least thats what i tell myself every day i do that. ha ha.

purple- oh no! you have to get rid of your dog! thats terrible! maybe there is a no-kill shelter around that can find her a home? ive never taken a pet to the pound because im scared they will be "destroyed". ugh, i hate that about our animal control system. anyways hope you find someone for you pooch soon did the couch ever find out that it was your kid? how embarrassing for him!

schmoodle- yay! welcome back! hey one lb lost is better then one lb gained! right? good luck with the rest of GS season heh.

dcchick- how did your day go?

mj- hee hee you are so cute. im sorta doing the same thing with the whole "saving the shopping splurge" i can't wait till im lighter!
isnt it amazing how diffrent you feel when your house is all cleaned and freshly purged of stuff you dont need anymore? have you ever seen that show "neat" its pretty fun.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #30  
gonna win the thin!

oh i forgot to mention i took picture for my before and after shots. it was sorta fun. i think actually seeing the progress will help me lots.
g'night

-renee