Old 03-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Cool Waging a campaign against myself.

So, I'm back again, for like the fourth time. -sigh- I've fallen off the wagon....again, and I'm picking myself back up....again.

I've decided to start two campaigns. I'm currently on:

Day #1 of the Renewed Vow to Lose Weight and Start Fresh Campaign and
Day #4 of the Quitting Smoking Campaign.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself for quitting smoking again. I haven't had any super bad cravings so far [mainly on my breaks and lunches] and the ones I do get I've been handling by keeping myself distracted in the breakroom and by playing on the internet. I'm going to start taking a walk and drinking a glass of water every time I get a craving, that way I can support both Campaigns at once!

I'm excited about all this My Hubby is proud of me and happy as well, because he says even though I get crotchety when I quit smoking I tend to not be so down on myself when I think he's not paying attention.

Anywho, I'm not going to weigh myself today or tonight, seeing as how it won't be an accurate reading. I'm going to weigh myself naked when I wake up tomorrow and start fresh from there. I'm wiping the slate clean from my previous attempts and considering that weigh in "ground zero."

Well the whole point of this was to say that I'm back. Hi ladies!
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Amanda! I hope you'll keep posting to let us know how you're doing!
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #3  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, Amanda! I know EXACTLY how you feel with having to pick yourself up and dust off and hop back on the horse. It's tough. But you've already taken the hardest step. You're back!

And good on you for quitting smoking. I have been trying to get my parents to quit. I know it's got to be tough, too. But you can do it!

Please stick around and keep us all updated with your double campaign!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Welcome back Amanda

It hasn't been very long, has it???

You can do this!!!

And as for the smoking!!! YAY! I'm not even touching that one at this point! You're very brave to do both at once!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #5  

You can do this!! I bow to you for quiting smoking and trying to lose weight at the same time -- But, if you are on a trail to a better you what better way to start than to clean up the whole pile of "bad habits" and be done with them!!

Good luck!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hiya!!! Back, Amanda

We'll be here routing for you through BOTH campaigns ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #7  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Quitting smoking and losing weight are two of the greatest things you can do for yourself. Here's to your new life!
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #8  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Welcome back. I am so glad you posted. You aren't alone. Good luck, hun!!!
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:14 AM   #9  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Welcome back! From a former, very hardcore smoker (for over 15 years!) I salute you! It's hard, but in retrospect it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I found a good website was www.whyquit.com - they didn't sugar coat anything and I liked the hard, cold facts. Anyway, I quit 5 years ago this June and it is the best thing I ever did. Now, I need to lose the weight, and that will be the second best thing I ever did! Congratulations to you for tackling both at once. It is for sure possible. Looking forward to hearing how things are going
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow, those are some pretty awesome changes you have going on. I would like to encourage you, though, to think of this as a campaign *for* yourself, rather than against yourself. Don't think of it as fighting against yourself, think of it as fighting for yourself, and your life, and your future. Fighting against ourselves can be exhausting. Fighting for ourselves can be also, but at least we know exactly why we're doing it.

Keep up the great work!

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back!!! Good luck on both fronts!!!
As long as you keep getting back up and trying again you are doing great.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks ladies

I'm doing great on the Quitting Smoking Campaign...it's actually easier this time than the first time I tried [maybe since I'm doing it for myself this time instead of someone else!].

Weighed myself this morning....240 lbs. Bad, but not too bad. Do-able, really.

Y'all are right, I should think of this as a Campaign FOR myself, not against.
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome back!! Good job on quitting smoking...it is a very hard thing to do (I have been smoke free for almost 3 months now)...so good for you! Keep it up!!! You are doing awesome!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Welcome back and congratulations on the decision to change your life. Quitting smoking is so hard. I've made it 7 years now so I know you can do it. I think the hardest part is breaking the habits more than actually fighting the chemical urge. Just know that each day you make it is a big success and your smoke free days will turn into smoke free years, and thinner cuz I know you'll succeed at losing weight this time.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back, Amanda Leigh! I'm so happy that you've decided to tackle two major health detroyers. As a former smoker of 25 years, I can tell you that quitting is all about mindset. It sounds like your mindset is right on target! I'm finding that weight loss is also all about mindset. I think its great that you're doing both at one time. So many former smokers replace the cigarettes with food and end up with a whole new problem. Tackling both at once means you'll take the opportunity to find healthy alternatives.

I can't wait to read your progress posts on this amazing journey!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote