determined this time

• Hi I've been here befor but basically I just kind of lurked in the shadows and now I'm determined to do this I joined with my 19 year old daughter and would appreciate all the support advice and suggestions that anyone has to offer
  • Welcome!! We are glad you are here. Keep posting. There is lots of wisdom here...I've learned alot. We will be with you on your journey.
  • Welcome! I think it's helpful to make sure I post almost every day. This way - even when I'm not doing well - I feel accountable to something. And I force myself to be completely honest.
  • Welcome and GOOD LUCK!!!! Look forward to getting to know you over the coming months

Kerry
    x

• Tell us. Are you following any specific food or exercise program? We'd love to help in any way we can!

The one thing I can say for certain is that this is going to take commitment. Stick with it! Up or down. Sideways or zigzags. Don't give up!

Keep on posting
  • Hi there!

DETERMINATION is what it's all about. I got this definition from dictionary.com -
    de·ter·mi·na·tion /dɪˌtɜrməˈneɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-tur-muh-ney-shuhn]
    –noun 1. the act of coming to a decision or of fixing or settling a purpose.

If you're determined - you can do this. And you CAN. You really, really can. Losing weight is a doable thing. It does help to have a good plan in place though, because as determined as we are, we DO need to set ourselves up for success. Getting rid of the junk and always having good healthy foods always on hand, which means lots of shopping, chopping and preparing.

I look forward to hearing lots more from you, so keep on posting.
  • Cecilia! Please post often so we can get to know you.

Have you decided on a way to incorporate some exercise into your day? Plan, plan, plan. This is one of the biggest components of success on this journey.
  • You can do it!! We are all here to help in anyway we can.
  • Thanks sooo much for the welcome!I,ve decided to try the southbeach diet and my daughters are exercising everyday together, I'm a little sore today but thats a good thing I suppose(smile).I am determined to do this .Thanks for all the support
  • Hey Cecilia Be sure to check out the South Beach area, too! They might have advice for you specific to that program.
  • Hi there! It's great that you are doing this with your daughter! Family support is awesome, and it's wonderful to be doing healthy things together
  • You've found a wonderful place for support!!
  • excited
    good morning ladies!!!today is the 4th day om the diet and so far so good I'm really proud of my daughter shes sticking to the menu plan and my 7 year old seems to like the meals also....isnt it funny how the kids always want your diet stuff?any way were waiting on SNOW today and I'm sure I'm going to get some extra exercise in when it comes! have a blessed day!