scale question

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • hi
    it's time to buy a new scale...i'm not so happy with the one that i got anymore.so what do you guys have? do you recomand any brand name? any advice would be apreciated.
    thanks
    michellenew
  • I have a Taylor digital, from WalMart. I paid around 60 dollars for it.
    I'm quite happy with it It measures body fat, and water content, and has memory for (I think) 4 people.
  • I have Thinner from Wal-mart it is digital but only measures to the half pound as in 135.5 and not 135.6 etc. I can't remember how much I paid but it was less than $40 I think
  • I recently bought a Taylor Lithium digital scale from Target. However I'm taking that PCoS back. The fluctuations in measurement has been insane. One time I measured myself about a minute apart and had a 5 lb difference. So in my advice don't buy that one. It was 25 dollars from Target.

So does anyone else know of a good scale?
  • Hi have a HealthOMeter digital scale. I have had it for 3 years now. Love it - I always get the same reading, even if I move the scale around or get on and off it (not that I do that or anything )
  • thanks for taking the time to answer my question
    i'm gonna check them out.
    the one that i have one is a pretty basic one...and i got mad at it last night after i weight myself and than i got back on the scale after taking the shower-not even half an hour apart...and it shows me like 2 lb more , my hairs was wet but it couldn't be that much of a difference...then i weight my daughter (she's 28 lb) so i knew that she can'thave 2 lb over a single day...anyways i need a new scale...
    michellenew
  • fiberlover-this scale must be a good one....see mine if i was gonna move it around it was gonna show different weight...like in the bathroom i have to keep it in the same spot...
    i had fun wit it once- i took it into the carpet area and showed me about 20 lb less....it would be nice...but no...it takes time
    michellenew
  • I had the biggest loser taylor one and it was pretty bad. Not sure if it was just cheap or what. I ended up getting the Tanita brand. It was only like $29.99 at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and I had the 20% coupon they always send out. I know it seems cheap too...but it is seriously one of the best scales. Google it. The brand is great!
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...278938&RN=444&

Forgot to mention it measures body fat and has a two person memory. I tested the accuracy with my little 4.2lb chihuahua. The first scale I got didnt register anything under 25lbs. Should have been my first clue!
  • thank you kara
    29.99 sounds good and also measure body fat...
    michellenew
  • I use a Weight Watchers brand scale I got at Bed Bath & Beyond. It's very stable glass and weighs in .10 increments. I can't remember the price but it wasn't too bad and I had a coupon. It has 400 lb capacity if I recall correctly.
  • I second the HealthOMeter brand. I have had my scale for 5 or 6 years. I've never had to replace the battery and it's absolutely consistent no matter how many times I get on. I don't remember the cost but it was well worth it, whatever it was!

• I also have a WW brand and love it !! I recommended it to co-workers and friends. I think it is very accurate.
  • I just bought a Tanita scale. I had a Taylor scale before and it was just awful - gave 5 different readings if you stepped on 5 times in a row. The Tanita gives the same reading if you step on 3, 5, etc times in a row - it's great!
  • I second the "Thinner" digital recommendation.

I've had one for years now, and it's very accurate. It always weighs the same when I get on and off of it, and it also weighs the same as all of my doctors' scales.

Accuracy to 1/2 lb seems like plenty to me . . . it's normal for weight to fluctuate by 1-2 pounds per day, and even if you weigh only 100 lbs, that's accurate to half of a percent.
  • Quote: I have a Taylor digital, from WalMart. I paid around 60 dollars for it.
    I'm quite happy with it It measures body fat, and water content, and has memory for (I think) 4 people.
    I contemplated for a brief second buying one of these to replace my own, but then opted for the Weight Watchers brand instead. I did not trust those extra features. With the amount of working out I do, those results couldn't be very accurate. I had my bodyfat tested at a local college (FSU) and the results showed I was 29.2% bodyfat, compared to the BMI chart of 34.

I decided on the WW brand, I assume that since it is a major corporation, the scale would have to conform to some standards. I do like the lb/kg switch, so I can weigh myself in kilograms to see how I compare to the Biggest Losers in Australia (although a simple online calculator, or a ticker would show these results as well).

I believe I paid about $35 for mine at Wally World (Wal-Mart to those of you who haven't heard this term)