3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Bath Towel (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/135946-bath-towel.html)

KimL1214 03-02-2008 02:25 PM

Bath Towel

It's funny how we can have goals that seem so small to others. My bf does not understand this goal (which is a HUGE one for me)... I want to be able to wrap a regular sized bath towel around my whole body and not be showing any skin! As of right now the top corners of my towels barely touch and the rest flares out, showing much more then I would like and making it impossible to walk around in a towel without giving someone a show. I don't want to have to go buy a special towel... so my goal (I haven't yet set a date) is to be able to wrap a regular sized bath towel around my whole body...
I know, a little odd...

famograham 03-02-2008 02:28 PM

I don't think it's odd at all! :no:

I see this posted quite frequently on the NSV (Non-scale victories) thread!
I personally cannot WAIT until I can do the same!

Here's to being able to be covered by a normal, every day bath towel!!! :cheers:

We can do this!
:hug:
Linda

Glory87 03-02-2008 03:14 PM

This is an AWESOME GOAL! I still notice it when I go to hotels and the tee-tiny little hotel bathroom towel goes all around me, never ceases to amaze me!

Hopefulpinkangel 03-02-2008 03:45 PM

I totally understand that goal! I can't wait to fit a regular size bath towel around me either. :) It's all about the little things in life!

jillnicole03 03-02-2008 03:45 PM

You go girl!!! I had the same goal! :) My towels go around but not those teeny tiny ones lol

SkinnyDogMom 03-02-2008 04:31 PM

I agree. I don't think it is odd. I look forward to that same victory! :dancer:

rockinrobin 03-02-2008 04:59 PM

I don't think this goal is odd at all. Go for it!!!! This was such a big NSV for me, I think I may have posted it on the NSV thread. I still marvel at the fact that a regular sized towel easily fits around me. It's thrilling in fact.

It really is amazing how every day things can just grate on us when we're obese. It's just one of the many, many daily reminders I had of just how "un"normal I was. And it doesn't feel so good.

denialisnthappiness 03-02-2008 05:01 PM

It's a great goal to have! It's the 'little' things that are so exciting in this journey! Heh I went and bought myself a new set of towels when I got it to meet now just because :D

Schmoodle 03-02-2008 05:34 PM

I agree, these little victories mean so much more to me than the number on the scale. I remember well how excited I was when I could finally use a regular sized bath towel to wrap around myself. I still get a little kick when I step out of the shower and wrap up and nothing is hanging out!

shelby897 03-02-2008 06:19 PM

One of my goals too!! I think it's a good one -- a good way to count inches lost!! I have two sons and would love to be able to walk out of the bathroom to my room without having to get totally dressed :D

DollyR 03-02-2008 08:44 PM

I understand this....my goal is to not have the plane seats cut into my legs when I sit on the plane...and also not have to ask for a seat belt extension......strange goals I know but they are mine.

Lovely 03-02-2008 11:19 PM

I have the same mini-goal! :lol:

I can't wait until a regular sized towel will fit comfortably around me :D This is something only people like us all on 3FC will understand :)

Angela85 03-03-2008 12:22 AM

Kim, I see that you and I are the same Height, and are currently around the same weight as well....and Yes girl that is one of my TOP 10 goals during this journey......its my damn gut and hips that keeps a reg. towel from wrapping all the way around me, but i will seriously drop to my knees and thank god when that day comes!!! I might even take a picture of it and post it on here!!! lol im currently a loose size 20, bcuz i have no butt, but a big ol gut....and a tight, but still can zip up, size 18....my goal is to be at size 18 by end of may, and thats having no belly fat hanging over the jeans....!!!!

Rayelle 03-03-2008 01:11 AM

NO WAY!!! This is my goal too!!! Ha ha how funny!!! Good Luck...WE can do it!

karmuz 03-03-2008 06:17 AM

This is not a strange goal! I didn't realize that it was one of mine until the day a regular bath towel DID fit around me.. teeny tiny hotel towels still don't, but i'm a 34E now, so I don't think they ever will lol!