3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   accountability / menus / planning March 2 - March 8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/135920-accountability-menus-planning-march-2-march-8-a.html)

bigtxmomma 03-05-2008 10:34 AM

Hi guys!

We're off to a slow morning. I fed DD bfast at 7 am but haven't been hungry yet. Today I'm trying to listen to my body's signs, and to pay close attention to how food makes me feel.

Food plan:
eggs, gimme lean, coffee
soup for lunch
shirataki alfredo w/ veggies for dinner
turkey/mozz slices for snack, LFLC

Exercise:
WATP, and some strength

Math!! Wow I hope your girl is feeling better. Surgery, even minor, sucks. =( Good for you for putting back the cheesecake. And I had to lol @ drainbow! =D You'll be back on track.

Happy belated birthday, Beverly! I'm glad you worked past your pity party. =D

Rhonda, yay for being on plan!! I'm glad you're feeling good & energetic. That is a great quote. =D

Everyone, have a good on plan day today!!

kissingginger 03-05-2008 11:29 AM

Hi Friends!

Today I am hurting. Those uphill sprints hurt and now I am shuffling around like a 90 yr. old (no offense to anyone out there!). I plan to stay "on plan" with food today and my goal is no snacking tonight after dinner.

My question is - should I attempt a walk on the treadmill? Even though I hurt? Maybe I just won't push myself hard, just do a nice moderate walk.

Gotta run!
Ginger

patchymama 03-05-2008 01:57 PM

Good morning ladies! I would love to be able to join this thread :)

I think I have cleaned out my house of all junk food, trigger foods. Interestingly enough, this week I moved to a cash only system for our food budget and because of that I really didn't have much in the way of unhealthy foods in the house. I hope that this continues... it does seem that when I went grocery shopping last I contemplated food purchases more knowing I had a strict budget and would have to pay cash for it. I think this will also help with my previously routine mid day runs for french fries and coke.

My plan for today:

Get 8 glasses of water, no soda
Lunch: Salad with turkey added (I premade this yesterday so its quick and easy)
Dinner - Potato soup with ham
Snack - fresh cantelope and yogurt

Other Goals for today -
Clean up some neglected areas of the living room
WATP DVD

My 1st grade daughter is riding the bus home from school for the first time and I am a bit nervous. She has been begging me to let her all year, but she goes to a magnet school and busing is tricky and invovles switching buses. I finally agreed, and the school has partnered her up with a bus buddy, but I am still a bit nervous stressed about it! I need to keep busy today or I will start snacking on things to combat the nervousness! Knowing is half the battle right?

Quote:

Working from home has made me very lazy. I’ve been working in my pajamas everyday.
This resonates with me. I have been a work at home mom (sewing stuff) for 6 years now.... sweatpants and yoga pants (even tho I don't do yoga, LOL) have been my uniform. I have never been much of a make up person, have always been a natural hippie type.... but its been a bit out of control lately. Maybe I should sew myself a few new things to help combat this.

Tiffany

Purplefirefly 03-05-2008 04:34 PM

Tiffany--did your daughter make it home okay? I bet she came home bubbling with excitement! Welcome to the group.

Rhonda--Glad to hear you on plan and gearing up to walk. That is what I have grown to admire about you. No matter what happens you just start over again, no whining or crying, just doing it.

Ginger--I usually work through my cardio even though I get achy...unless even a basic walk is painful--not just achy but sore to the point of painful--then I will take a day off and rest that body part as much as possible. I will still be sore the next day, but enough recovered to go again, or take a light day. You don't want to wait until all the soreness is gone that's for sure. If you can make it through a light walk without wincing every step, then go for it.

txmomma--My mom is in a cardio rehab at the hospital, so nurses and doctors are her trainers, and they kept asking her why she wasn't losing weight, what was she eating, etc. but she eats no sugar at all and follows a strict diabetic diet religiously, so it wasn't the eating. She kept telling them she was losing inches and they just kept asking about why she wasn't losing. Then she walked in there wearing her new size 14 pants and their jaws dropped! They just couldn't realize her progress I guess because she was wearing size 18 sweatpants and holding them up :lol: I find it amazing she can drop all those inches and not pounds, strange.

I'm OP with eating and water today, but haven't been able to exercise yet. I'm going to go do it now if I can get the kids to quit fighting long enough! Yesterday was a major pull-all-your-hair-out kinda day, so I'm grateful we have some peace today. Hubby is driving me insane though! He is finding it impossible to stay within our budget for home rennovations, and is insisting on several things right now that will just go way over and we can't afford it, but he doesn't seem to care! He'll end up winning and we'll have an extra bill to pay, which he'll whine about when he wants the next power tool and I say "Can't, we have more bills now."

Sorry, venting here :devil:

mj5 03-05-2008 04:49 PM

Hi everyone! I had this long post w/ lots of personals started earlier and our power went out!!!! It wasn't out long, but long enough for me to lose my post! I will re-post later, but just wanted to pop in and say hi!

My hair came out great!!! I even took the time to dry it w/ the diffuser this am so it was long and curly...everyone at work was impressed...of course, tomorrow it will probably be pulled back again, but that's ok!

Yesterday marked 14 on plan days in a row, so I was able to wear my ear rings today. It was awesome!! I need to come up w/ a new reward--espcially one that I can have and look at to 'tempt' me...I must say, that really worked!

Gotta run...have a great day!

mj5 03-05-2008 06:38 PM

Hi again! Ok, here is my attempt (again) at personals...

ginger--great job! I wouldn't push it today.

rakel--Keep at it. You CAN do this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that John gets a job offer!

math puppy--So glad to hear dp's surgery is over...I totally understand about the stress before the surgery being worse than the procedure itself! Yes, please check in--always. We are here to support. We all struggle at times. AWESOME job puttin the cheesecake back! You did that, ok maybe our voices were in your head, but YOU did it!!!! As Beverlyjoy has said (and others I'm sure), this is a series of battles!

txmomma--great job w/ exercise yesterday!!! I thought of you tonight when I ran into Wegmans and picked up a couple of things to go w/ dinner...at the deli they had some rattatioulle w/ baby bella mushrooms...I couldn't resist! I bought some to go along w/ dinner, but am going to check their website for the recipe.

beverlyjoy--Happy belated bday! Remember to be kind to yourself today!!!

Rhonda--Yea, day 2!!!! Get on that treadmill!

patchymama--Welcome!!

purple--hope you were able to get your exercise in! Good luck w/ the renovations....

I have to say, all the compliments I received today about my hair--not only about the hilights, but about the fact that it was down, made me realize that I really should make an effort to 'do' my hair more often. Don't get me wrong...I always do something to it, but it usually involves some sort of hair tie or barrette....I will try to give myself a little more time (really doesn't take much extra--the natural curl does all the work) and leave it down. Dh LOVES it down and rarely gets to see it that way.

Ok, gotta make a grocery list and get some dinner!

Have a great night!

patchymama 03-05-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Tiffany--did your daughter make it home okay? I bet she came home bubbling with excitement! Welcome to the group.
Yes, she made it home OK! Turns out her bus buddy is another little boy in her class and she was very happy about that LOL

rakel 03-05-2008 09:07 PM

bigtxmomma: it's probably both now that I think of it! Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it!

Rhonda: YOU on a Diet is a great book and I love Dr OZ! I wish he could be my doctor :)

ANYHOO, I went to the gynecologist today, and have good news. My BP is actually really good (at least, that's what she said!) so I'm really happy about that. She said it was 126/70.

In short, I'm healthy as a horse and the only thing really wrong with me is that my thyroid seems a tad enlarged (which may account to some of my weight issues, but definitely not something to blame it all on, I know better than that!). She said I should go to a primary physician to get it checked out. Other than that, of course my weight is a high risk for many health issues and will only increase as I age. I told her my progress so far and she was definitely very encouraging and seemed impressed that I actually knew what I was talking about as far as diet and exercise was concerned, and even how much I knew about Birth control and all that. She said, "Wow, you really do your homework. Sounds like you know what you've got to do, and just need to stick with it." So true. I do know what needs to be done... no more excuses. I can't say I don't know better :P

GirlyGirlSebas 03-06-2008 08:00 AM

Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Yesterday, I finally got myself together and got on the treadmill again. I think it’s been about 3 weeks since I’ve even stood near the thing! Since it’s been a while, I probably should have walked, but I really wanted to begin the C25K program….so, I did. I started the 13 week program which begins with an hour of 30 second “runs” and 4 ½ minute walks. I loved every single minute of it! I followed the recommendation of someone on the Cool Runners thread and used a knee support on each knee. I had planned on icing my knees afterward, but it was dinner time and then time for the kiddos to get to bed and I totally forgot to do the icing. Today, my left knee is just a bit “tender” feeling, but nothing major. I’m just really excited to finally make the jump back into exercising again. For me, it’s so much easier to stay motivated once I begin. And, I’m excited to finally be starting the running again. Granted, its more of a slow jog…but, I like to call it running.:D

Momma – How did listening to your body work for you yesterday? Did you learn anything interesting?
Ginger – How are you feeling today? Has the soreness eased up a bit?
Tiffany – Welcome! So glad you decided to post with us. And, congratulations on getting the junk and trigger foods out of the house. I believe that is one of my biggest success factors…a safe environment.
Purple – Were you able to get some exercise yesterday? I understand about the fighting kids. I have two daughters that often choose fighting as their favorite form of entertainment! Arggghh…..Don’t they know that it makes Mom very unhappy..and, you know what they say…”Mama ain’t happy, then nobody’s happy!” I also wanted to say Thank You for your compliment yesterday. That made me feel very proud of myself.
MJ – Congratulations on 14 on-plan days! I bet those earring look great…especially with that beautiful hair!
Rakel – that is great news about your blood pressure. Hope the thyroid turns out to be nothing major to worry about. Five years ago, my doctor discovered that I have goiters on each lobe of my thyroid. I have to monitor them, but they haven’t created any problems for me yet. She did say that I would eventually have to go on thyroid medication. I’m hoping to avoid that if at all possible.

Today, I have a very full work day including a couple of conference calls and another pending deadline on a project. Since I know its going to be a stress filled day, I've planned ahead for my eating.
Breakfast - 1 cup of steelcut oatmeal
Snack - 6 Triscuits with a small wedge of mozarella cheese
Lunch - Turkey Sausage and veggies.
Snack - Apple and Tablespoon of natural peanut butter
Dinner - ? Hubby still asleep and don't know what he has planned.
If I have calories left over, I'll have 5 ounces of red wine while watching Survivor.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

kissingginger 03-06-2008 12:22 PM

Hi everyone,

Well, yesterday I didn't push it. But I did take the kids on a 2 1/2 hour walk/hike though the back bush near our home. I felt it (it hurts to walk), they loved it. I am currently reading a book from the library on Nature Deficit Disorder and how we are keeping our children from being in nature. It's very interesting.

Today I am sore again, and I'm not loving it. I want to take advil for the pain, but it's almost manageable without. So far I haven't taken any. I should exercise again today, but I don't want to hurt like this again tomorrow. Ugh! I know it's good for me, but I feel like I am going backwards when it's a struggle to walk up the stairs again.

Oh and I got TOM today :(

Today's plan:

b: choc. milk. /oats
s: apple
l: salad with chicken
s: homeade granola bar (very small portion) and 1/2 banana
d: Not sure again!!!

Tiffany: Big welcome to you :)
Purple: thanks for the advice. Yesterday's walk/hike was good even though the kids walk slowly or run too fast I found it challenging without hurting myself too much....the goal today is to get on that treadmill/or outside. Reno's are stressful, hope it's goes smooth!

~~~I interrupt this program to tell you that in the middle of writing, I left the house and went for my walk --~Yippee!!

Gosh, I really want to finish personals...but I gotta shower and get ready!

Bye everyone,
Ginger

math puppy 03-06-2008 12:40 PM

hey gang. had a good day yesterday, i was on my upper cal limit, but i wasnt over! now that is a victory for me! hee hee. i feel so much better and would like to upgrade my mood into "building confidance" :)

i got to get ready for work (blah)
turns out the fastest way to my work (wich involve the aquaduct in seattle wa) is becoming more and more unsafe. rats. how unconvienant. who wants to take the long way to work everyday?

ill check in later!

Bigtxmomma-good job listening to your body

Ginger-when you opened up with “today I am hurting” I thought it was emotional, and when I found out it was physical due to exercise I laughed out loud! Good job. Did you get on the tread mill?

Patchy- good job finding a way to control your eating habits. Having junk food around is never a good idea! Good luck on making yourself new outfits! Let us know what they look like!

Purple- hopefully all that arguing is burning calories! Ha! But you should try working that angle with him. The whole.. next time you want an new power tool we cant get it because well need to pay the bills bit? Good luck with that.

Mj- wow 14days! And a new hair cut!! Life is good! Im proud of you for staying on plan so long. Thanx for all the encouragement, it made me feel better.

Rakel- isn’t it fun to impress the dr. hee hee

Girlygirl- glad you got some exercise. Doesn’t it feel great after you get over talking yourself into doing it! Keep it up!

sorry if i missed anyone, have an op day!

math puppy 03-06-2008 12:43 PM

ginger dont push yourself! if you working out when you are too soar to you could hurt yourself! let yourself heal! i dont want to see you hurt and then you really wont be able to work out :(

just concerned :)

bigtxmomma 03-06-2008 02:20 PM

Hey everyone!

Having a busy day today, so I'll come back and do personals. =D

Food:
Eggs, Gimme Lean
Soup for lunch
turkey & cheese for snack
Kidney bean somethin' or other for dinner

Be back later!!

Beverlyjoy 03-06-2008 03:59 PM

Hi Accountablity Gang....last night I ate about 500 calories over my maximum daily count. It's the same old thing...it happens when I feel physical pain. Of course, eating isn't going to help...but, it's the old "stand by" for stress. Less pain today - sane, thoughtful planned eating so far.

Tomorrow I go back to the orthopedist.

Plans for today:

ice, heat
meditation
journal food
water
stretches
PMA - i'll try

four programs at a school today

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, baked apple, pnb toast
lunch - open face turkey and cheese, spaghetti squash with parm. cheese
snack - yogurt, peach and flax
dinner - tuna salad, crackers, veggie
snack - cereal, fruit, skim milk

I hope you all are having a good day. I'll try and be back later.

kissingginger 03-06-2008 04:30 PM

Hi Math Puppy!

Thanks for your concern :) In fact, don't take this the wrong way, but you sound like my hubby. Lately he's been worried I've been working too hard and wants me to slow down. I feel like he's trying to keep me from working out (I know that in reality he's not!). But frankly, it's a bit of both - I have been working out hard, but if you don't get uncomfortable, your body can't change either. I am hurting, and there is no point in getting really hurt to the point where I can't continue...what is the point of that? So I see both sides. I honestly don't need a bob or jillian - I have learned I can push myself way past my limits when I set my mind to it. All I need is the right music and a can-do attitude.

It's good to know I am loved and cared for! He wants to get me a heart rate monitor so that when I do my sprints I won't keel over from a heart attack. I don't mind if he spoils me :)

The monitor will help, and after today's 45 walk (no sprints) I am going to take a break tonight and have a bath. If I'm still sore tomorrow I will take a day off and rest.

It makes me feel great to know how much you care :hug: thanks a million!

Ginger