3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Less than a pound a week! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/135755-less-than-pound-week.html)

Goddess Jessica 02-29-2008 03:12 PM

Less than a pound a week!

A year ago, I weighed 40 pounds more than I do today.

However, when I started I thought that less than a pound a week was ridiculously slow progress. But this time, when things didn't go my way, I just continued. In the past, I just gave up because the progress wasn't fast enough and then gained whatever I had lost.

Less than a pound a week.

A year ago, if you said, "You'll lose 40 pounds this year." I would have said, "That's not fast enough."

But today, I am 40 pounds lighter. I am thinner. I am healthier.

And it wasn't because I started a diet. I just continued. When I failed, when I tripped up, when I had a birthday or a holiday, I just continued. I didn't permit myself to quit and restart. I just continued.

So my progress isn't fast. It isn't brilliant. It's not a before and after picture like you see after 6 weeks on tv. But it's progress and I'm proud of it. Less than a pound a week is just fine by me.

Lovely 02-29-2008 03:16 PM

:cp: :cp: :cp:

Standing ovation!

nelie 02-29-2008 03:27 PM

Jessica,

Congratulations. I too have also been slow. Last year, I lost about 60 lbs which is little over a lb a week and I'm proud that I am a lot lighter than I was at the beginning of last year. Hopefully next year, I will be 40-60 lbs lighter this time of year but who knows. As long as the general trend is downward, I'm not really worried about the speed.

Beverlyjoy 02-29-2008 03:27 PM

:bravo::cheer::bravo:

You rock, Goddess Jessica!

You get it....what all the books.....all the dieticians.....what all the doctors.....what all the folks with long term success say..... You kept on going.

I am so, so proud of you and happy for you...it's great!

SCraver 02-29-2008 03:41 PM

:cp:

That is awesome!

I think 40 lbs. in a year SHOULD be looked at as rapid weight loss... I mean, think about it - If you gain 40 lbs. in a year - that would be considered rapid weight gain, right? So why is it any different in the other direction?

Sometimes, too, I think losing the weight is the easy part, The hard part is sticking with it when you are discouraged or have a set back.

Godess Jessica - you are awesome!
:woohoo:

Tonia 02-29-2008 03:48 PM

:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: CONGRADULATIONS JESSICA :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

Fabulous attitude ... Fabulous results!

LisaF 02-29-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica (Post 2078551)
And it wasn't because I started a diet. I just continued. When I failed, when I tripped up, when I had a birthday or a holiday, I just continued. I didn't permit myself to quit and restart. I just continued.

What a wonderful way to think about it. And it really makes sense, because we do that with all the other parts of our lives. If I gave up doing something everytime I failed or messed it up, I would no longer be driving, working, dating, walking... (Yes, walking. I sort of walk into things a lot.) We don't give up, we just continue. Of course eating well and taking care of ourselves should be the same way.

Lisa

valpal23 02-29-2008 04:38 PM

I'm echoing what everyone else has said. Way to go, great attitude.. you're really onto something with the continuing! We can all learn from your example Jessica :broc: congrats on the loss :)

mandalinn82 02-29-2008 04:50 PM

I think you're pretty much brilliant and awesome :)

rockinrobin 02-29-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica (Post 2078551)
A year ago, I weighed 40 pounds more than I do today.

However, when I started I thought that less than a pound a week was ridiculously slow progress. But this time, when things didn't go my way, I just continued. In the past, I just gave up because the progress wasn't fast enough and then gained whatever I had lost.

Less than a pound a week.

A year ago, if you said, "You'll lose 40 pounds this year." I would have said, "That's not fast enough."

But today, I am 40 pounds lighter. I am thinner. I am healthier.

So my progress isn't fast. It isn't brilliant. It's not a before and after picture like you see after 6 weeks on tv. But it's progress and I'm proud of it. Less than a pound a week is just fine by me.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

40 lbs lighter. 8 sacks of flour or 8 sacks of potatoes. That most certainly IS progress. Your approach is very refreshing and VERY wise and obviously WORKS!

I wish you continued success and may the next year be just as progressive. :smug:

BrandNewJen 02-29-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCraver (Post 2078598)
I think 40 lbs. in a year SHOULD be looked at as rapid weight loss... I mean, think about it - If you gain 40 lbs. in a year - that would be considered rapid weight gain, right? So why is it any different in the other direction?

EXCELLENT point! Wow--- very very well said. That definitely puts a new spin on things for me!

GirlyGirlSebas 02-29-2008 05:27 PM

You rock! Slow and steady wins the race.:D

fiberlover 02-29-2008 05:37 PM

Great attitude :bravo:

WebRover 02-29-2008 05:51 PM

That's Awesome! You know the story about the tortoise and the hare. It's the stick-to-it-ness that's going to keep you successful through maintenance forever. Congratulations.

SwimGirl 02-29-2008 05:57 PM

Hi Jessica! So glad to see you! Congrats on your mind set - and on the weight loss! But I really do have to say the mind set is a HUGE thing, you really are awesome! :)

-Aimee