Old 02-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
I would buy several candy bars, hide them, and when DH went out on an errand I would eat them. ALL.
I would wait until my kids were asleep and then sneak into their rooms and TAKE candy out of their Trick Or Treat bags or Easter baskets.
I did both of these things. Chocolate was and still is my enemy. They say get the dark chocolate it is good for you. I would eat the whole thing. Definitely a trigger for me.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #32  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
I was in the grocery store yesterday and in the cream cheese section there was this HUGE tub that said, "ready made chocolate cheesecake filling." By Philly.
Yes! I had the same thoughts a couple of months ago...I saw this stuff in the store and thought that I could eat the whole tub of that stuff on graham crackers. I wonder how many people have actually done that? I won't ever buy that stuff, even if I did decide to make a pie. I know better!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

No sweets but roughly a bottle of chardonnay every two days from 2006-2007. I think that qualifies as binging on an item with sugar in it.
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #34  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayincalm View Post
No sweets but roughly a bottle of chardonnay every two days from 2006-2007. I think that qualifies as binging on an item with sugar in it.
or edging towards being an alcoholic!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #35  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Great thread, Lori! It brought tears to my eyes and really helped me realize how far I've come.

I have been a secret binger since I was a child, I can remember at about 5 years old hiding in my grandmothers closet (no lights on) and eating an entire box of Valentines chocolates... and it only got worse from there.

I had a regular habit of going to McD's and buying dinner for me and my husband but I would buy twice as much for me and eat half of it on the way home so that he only saw about half of what I was eating... and the worst of it, we only live 1 block from McD's so I was eating 2 double cheeseburgers and large fries before I got home - ONE BLOCK AWAY! ... and then eating 2 more double cheeseburgers and large fries when I got home. I would even ask for my extras to be put in a separate bag so that the trash was contained in my car and I could hide that and throw it away later... oh wow!

I am happy to say that I have not even been to McD's in over 7 months and currently don't have the desire to go there but everyday can present a new struggle. The first few months of changing my eating, there were many days when I would just go home and cry after dinner because I wanting something else... I don't know how I got past this but I rarely cry over food now.

And there it is... my ugly secret. DH still doesn't know about the McD's binges but he does now know that I have an eating disorder. Actually, I have told most of my family and friends about it and I'm quick to remind them of this when they offer me junk food.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote