3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New and have 100+ lbs to lose (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/134249-new-have-100-lbs-lose.html)

JustaDame 02-12-2008 05:09 PM

New and have 100+ lbs to lose

I just learned about this site and found this forum so I hope it is ok if I come visit for a while. I am a mom of 3 teenagers (well the youngest is 12 but she sure acts like a teenager), I am going to be a Grandma in June and decided it is time to become a healthier person.

I have been on so many diets I cannot count them all..so this time no diet for me. I am doing the eat better, start exercising and hopefully weight loss and a happy disposition about how I look on the outside are the side effects. :D

So I would love to know where to get one of the weight loss ticker 'things'.

mezmerize 02-12-2008 05:31 PM

Welcome to 3FC's 100 Club!!!
I've restarted myself. When I 1st came to 3FC's I weighted 240 lbs.(I lost 40 and then gained it back eww) I joined 100 club and there were and still lots of wonderful and helpful friends. They are here for your good and bad days! I'm a mother of 2 my daughter is 23 and my son is 18. I have two grand kids I watch while my daugher is going to school. A boy 3 /girl 16 months. They are so much fun!! You will be able to have a ticker I believe after you posted 25 messages. (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong)
It looks like your off to a great start watching your food and adding fitness.
Main rule is to NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!!
I look forward to helping you on your journey to healthy eating!
The plan I'm on is WW Pure Points (software) and my own pushing and shoving to get myself to move my bum!!

bethbeth 02-12-2008 05:48 PM

JustaDame~
Welcome! Unfortunately you have to wait until you have posted 30 times and have been a member 30 days to be able to add a signature or weight loss ticker. Security has been increased due to spam or some sort of problems. But stick around! You can still tell us how great you are doing without a ticker!

fiberlover 02-12-2008 06:04 PM

Welcome, welcome!!

Noelani 02-12-2008 06:07 PM

:welcome3: Welcome JustaDame! :)

kissingginger 02-12-2008 06:18 PM

A huge welcome to you and please post and let us know how you are doing! I am tackling my 100 lbs to lose by breaking it up into smaller mini-goals so it doesn't seem like such a huge number! Hang around and you'll get a ticker soon!

Cheers,
Ginger

aerotigergirl 02-12-2008 06:30 PM

Welcome! I also have 100lbs (well, 90ish now) to lose! It seems rather daunting, doesn't it? :) BUT, you've come to the right place. Folks here are very supportive and will give you a good kick in the pants from time to time, if you're like me and you need it now and then. :)

xtrisaratops 02-12-2008 06:55 PM

:yay: :yay:

Welcome, welcome!

I love this place, absolutely. It's such an amazing place for support and encouragement.

Enjoy it here! Post often, make friends, share with us!

famograham 02-12-2008 07:08 PM

:welcome3:
I'm positive that you are much more than justadame! ;)

You've found an absolutely amazing place for support and friendship...I'm so glad you're here!

Please feel free to post all you want and ask any questions you might have, no matter how silly they might seem. We all have the same goals, and the same issues, that's what makes our little group so fantastic!

Again, Welcome!
:hug:
Linda

Lyn2007 02-12-2008 07:29 PM

Welcome! You can do it!

missymckibben 02-12-2008 08:39 PM

I'm new here also and have about 100lbs to lose. I also have two of those very hormonal teenagers. Congrats on being a grandma. I don't even want to think about that yet.

Missy

dali78 02-12-2008 10:20 PM

I wanted to lose 100 at the beginning of the year. I have 88 more to go. It's a long road, but I think posting on here will help me out.

rockinrobin 02-12-2008 10:43 PM

Hi and welcome to 3FC. A great place to be!

I love your idea of no longer dieting. Yup, it's all about making some sustainable lifetime healthy eating/exercise habits. For me it seemed impossible that I really could change my ways. But with determination, commitment and an incredible desire to be healthier and happier - I did just that. So therefore I can tell you firsthand that losing 100 lbs is most definitelhy a doable thing and that you too CAN do, cause I tell you, if I could, any one could. ANYONE!

I really look forward to hearing more from you and watching your succeed. Oh and I've got three teenagers myself, well, one just recently turned 20, yikes, but she still acts like a teenager. :)

Janny O 02-13-2008 08:26 AM

Welcome aboard!!!!
Good luck to you on your new journey. All I have to say is stick with it! It is SOOOOOOOO worth it.

GirlyGirlSebas 02-13-2008 08:41 AM

:welcome2: Please post often so we can get to know you!