3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   OT - been "MIA" but I'm back! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/134151-ot-been-mia-but-im-back.html)

Trazey34 02-11-2008 12:44 PM

OT - been "MIA" but I'm back!

hi guys - maybe you've noticed (or maybe not!) that I haven't been around much, and haven't posted very often as of late.

Our beloved Boxer, Bourbon (named after the New Orleans street not the whiskey) had to be put down last week after a fairly short illness...liver disease....it's amazing how devastating it can be, I mean i know it's an animal but it was Bourbon!!!

It's gotten a lot better, and I'm able to hear the jingle of his name tag on my key ring now without expecting him to trot out and lick me :(

I'm sure many of you have been thru this, I have before too, but it never gets easier! ugh!

Anyway, I'm back and luckily stress and heartache cause me to NOT eat, so I'm down a bit too !

I'm going to go read all the threads I've missed in the last while. Glad to be back :)

gina1221 02-11-2008 12:54 PM

Welcome Back, Trazey!

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. Losing a pet is a terrible feeling. I know our cat is like a member of the family... more so than some human members of the family. :o

Here's wishing you fond memories of Bourbon! :hug:

Schmoodle 02-11-2008 12:56 PM

Hi Trazy, sorry about your puppy. :hug:
Glad to have you back though!

GirlyGirlSebas 02-11-2008 12:57 PM

Trazey, I'm so sorry. :hug:

Rhighlan86 02-11-2008 01:02 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. They really do become part of our lives in so many ways.

Robin41 02-11-2008 01:16 PM

Sorry to hear about Bourbon. I've got three Labradors myself and they are truly like family (except that they are always happy to see me).

Feel better.

Cassie501107 02-11-2008 01:34 PM

Losing a pet is so heartbreaking. :(

:hug:

mandalinn82 02-11-2008 01:38 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Trazey...people without pets just don't understand. I'm sending peaceful, happy thoughts to you, your family, and Bourbon.

barbygirl43 02-11-2008 01:42 PM

:grouphug: The loss of a pet is hard.

rockinrobin 02-11-2008 01:43 PM

Oh Trazey. I am so sorry for you loss. :hug:

I'm glad you're back now and that things are getting a bit easier for you. Oh - and that you're down a bit - yay!!!.

shelby897 02-11-2008 01:51 PM

Trazey -- so sorry to hear about your puppy -- I'm sure your house is too quiet right now -- I know our dog drives me crazy (dog hair, jumping, etc.) but when he's gone I'll be so lonely!! Welcome back, you were missed!!

famograham 02-11-2008 01:54 PM

Oh, Tracey :hug: I'm SO sorry for the loss of your Babe :cry:

Mandalinn's right, people who don't have animals in their family just can't understand how much it really hurts. I dread the day we lose our Fischer or our Geo.

:grouphug:
And congrats on being down a bit :)
Linda

susiemartin 02-11-2008 03:17 PM

Trazey
I understand & sympathize with your loss.

I'm an animal lover too & have buried many dogs & other animals that I loved .

For me the hardest thing about loving a dog, a pet or any animal, is knowing ahead of time that they will all break your heart some day when they pass.

I always take great comfort in the thought that animals go to heaven too.
Because after all if they aren't there with us ....it won't be heaven :)

xtrisaratops 02-11-2008 03:18 PM

Oh Trazey, I am so sorry for your loss!

Pets are a part of our families, and you are certainly allowed to grieve for that loss.

I am glad to see you again, though! I've missed your wit!

mezmerize 02-11-2008 04:59 PM

Welcome back! Sorry about your puppy.