3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Borrowed from 20somethings--usernames.. why ya pick em?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/133793-borrowed-20somethings-usernames-why-ya-pick-em.html)

remydey 02-07-2008 10:31 AM

Borrowed from 20somethings--usernames.. why ya pick em??

I saw this in the 20 somethings thread and thought it was quite interesting finding out why people pick their usernames.. i hope it's okay to borrow this topic...

my name Remydey is because my cleric on Everquest(been playin 7 years lol) is named Remydey.. i thought it was a cute name for a healer. The reason i use it here, is i am trying to 'heal' myself to a degree.. lose weight and get healthy.. hence Remydey

Lovely 02-07-2008 10:42 AM

I posted over in the 20-somethings, but if it's okay I'll just post it again here! (And it'd be nice to see why people who frequent this thread chose their names :))

Faerie or fairy. Pretty much the same thing, different spellings. (Though faerie is less common, and some people use it in a slightly more spiritual/religious sense.)

I've always imagined fairies as beings who are constantly "in the now" and keep on keepin' on doing their own thing. It's the sort of thing I aspire to do. Also, though there are many types of fairies, I would love to be the kind that helps people along their way, is positive and playful. Again, something I'd like to be, not necessarily am.

That, and well, I like fantasy, and I like fairies ^.^

(PS - Remy: I considered using one of my WoWing names :lol:)

Eves 02-07-2008 10:44 AM

I'm an archaeologist, so that is what all the other disciplines call us. The archys.

We're a shovel laden army, beware.

Trazey34 02-07-2008 10:56 AM

i'm crazy auntie tracey, so trazey it is :) oh and i've had the email name 6 years, hence the 34

i so have to change that to 29 ;)

Sandi 02-07-2008 11:30 AM

Ummmm....because it's my name. :) See how creative I am!! :)

PhotoChick 02-07-2008 11:41 AM

PhotoChick because ... well ... that's what I do (professionally, that is). :)

After having been stalked on the Internet before, I tend to keep details of my identity private on message boards.

ChunkyDunker 02-07-2008 11:55 AM

I love the water but I don't Skinny Dip I Chunky Dunk :rofl:

bigtxmomma 02-07-2008 12:20 PM

Yea, I'm with photochick in terms of trying to protect your identity. I didn't want to use my regular screennames because I didn't want people to be able to google me and see my blog because that always happens and I don't feel like sharing this with people I know IRL. It would be unnerving. I'd rather be myself and not have to worry about all my old friends reading about the stuff I'm going through.

I chose "bigtxmomma" because I hate Texas, so it's like the most farfetched handle I could think of. And, um, I think there is an overwhelming number of fat people in Houston so bigtxmomma is a very common identity. =D

And my avatar is of Richard Simmons because he wears short shorts.

Lovely 02-07-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtxmomma (Post 2042830)
And my avatar is of Richard Simmons because he wears short shorts.

:rofl:

barbygirl43 02-07-2008 12:29 PM

I picked barbygirl43 a LOOONNG time ago. (In '99 I believe). I chose BaRby because I had a former coworker who used to tell me I looked like a barbie and I always joked I was more of a politically correct barbie. Barbiegirl was taken so I just changed the ie to y. The 43 is the jersey ## of the guy I had a crush on in high school and the number has stuck with me ever since.

suzie76 02-07-2008 12:31 PM

Hi,

When I was in high school, I loved the band The Alarm (anyone remember them?) -they have a song called "Spirit of 76" and there is a character named Suzie in the song..hence my name here...

Sherry

blueyedlvrgirl 02-07-2008 12:48 PM

My name blueyedlvrgirl has been adapted over the years...when I first going online back in the days my handle was blue_eyed_lovergirl, which became way to much to type, so over the years I have changed it. I got the name b/c I always get compliments on my blue eyes and one time this guy told me there are guys called loverboy, but I was the first "lovergirl" he ever met. I loved it and it stuck!

GirlyGirlSebas 02-07-2008 12:58 PM

GirlyGirl was my Mom's nickname for me. And, I am very girlie!

AutumnHarvest 02-07-2008 01:19 PM

Because Autumn was taken.

midwife 02-07-2008 02:23 PM

When I chose my userid, I was still reveling in my amazing calling of being a midwife. I still think it is a calling, but I'm not sure I would choose it as my userid again. I am so much more than simply a midwife. Other boards I have been on I have used combination of my kids' initials....I'm not sure I would do that either. I am more than simply my kids' mom. Don't get me wrong.....I adore both of those aspects of my life, but my self-identity is evolving....does that make sense?

This is also why I have yet to get a tattoo.....LOL!