Old 02-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I have issues, I guess. Anytime I buy desserts I end up eating the whole box. I bought a pack of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. I got out one, I ate it. I went nuts. I ate every one of them in about 15 minutes. I had the same problem when I bought 2 packages of WW desserts. I ate one... went nuts and ate all four desserts. I don't know why I do this. It's like I take a bite and my eyes glaze over and my brain shuts off and I just inhale it all. I do the same thing with cookies and candy. I have eaten entire boxes of Little Debbies cakes. I have eaten an entire box of 100-calorie snack packs. I wish I could get a grip, but right now I can't, so I don't buy them anymore.

I can control myself with a few things that I keep in the house for treats:
Fiber One bars
Quaker Mini Rice cake packs drizzled with chocolate or peanut butter (90 calories)
100-calorie light yogurts
Chocolate filled caramel Nips candy (30 calories each)
cinnamon dusted almonds
chocolate covered altoids. YUM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:31 PM   #32  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I tend to have a chocolate mocha granola bar - it's sweet and chewey and 140 cals with protein & lots of fibre too...however, on the days where i need a little something special, I'm fond of this lemon lite jello thing whipped with some low-fat cool whip, with a few raspberries sprinkled on top - it's 50 cals and 4 servings per recipe -- so even if i lose my mind and eat the whole thing, it's still only 200 cals (haven't done that yet!)
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 AM   #33  
On the Trail

S/C/G: 270/230/220

Height: 5'11"

I used to be the type that would eat any dessert that came into the house in 20 seconds or less. I think it was because when I was a kid, my parents so severely limited "junk food" in the house that I felt the need to eat any sweets that came into the house as quickly as possible before my siblings could eat them all.

There's been a tub of full fat, full sugar vanilla ice cream in my fridge for a month. There is one scoop missing.

I finally broke myself of the sugar obsession by:
  • buying heaps of junk food and eating it
  • buying heaps more and eating that too
  • realizing that I can ALWAYS buy or make more
  • keeping at least one junk food item in the house at all times, so it doesn't feel forbidden

Mind, this probably won't work on anyone who doesn't cram junk food from some childhood-based need to get her/his fair shair.

So, I guess that the answer is no.

Last edited by AutumnHarvest; 02-06-2008 at 03:53 AM.
AutumnHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #34  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I love my No Sugar Added Eddy's Butter Pecan Ice Cream. I usually have 1/2 cup in the evenings.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #35  

Nope, I eat regular desserts. But I don't have anything against them. But that stuff always cost more, and it's more fun for me to make my own. I buy regular ice cream and stuff because it taste better to me. If you are trying to remove yourself from having a sweet tooth then you should probably stick with berries.

Last edited by kimmieone; 02-06-2008 at 11:13 AM.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #36  

I have eaten the Low Fat Skinny Cow Fudge bars throughout my weight loss thus far. I can stop at 1 and hubby likes them too. I think the sugar free ones are NASTY. I threw out a whole box of those without a problem. 100 calories and portion controlled works for me. I also use fruit for desserts, but I love my Skinny Cow!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #37  

Height: 5'8"

Funny thread on this day. I purchased my first Skinny Cow ice cream tonight and was really looking forward to it - saved my calories and everything. Well, I was totally disappointed and decided that I would have preferred to get just regular ice cream or even a fudgecicle.

I have a horrible sweet tooth and am surprised this is not a problem with me. I think once I wrapped my mind around the fact that I need to be healthy the rest just fail into place because with prayer and determination sweets do not seem to be a problem. Before when I would go to my kids various games we would stop and get a box of candy - sometimes two! - and we [dh and I, sometimes other kids] would eat the entire box before the game was over [do you know how many calories that is?!]. I no longer have that desire. Now, if I want something sweet most of the time I will just chew some gum and if that does not work I get myself something - just as long as my daily calories allow for it!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 AM   #38  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I started out eating diet desserts, mostly the 100 calorie packs and the WW fudgecicles. I started to get out of control and had to eliminate them completely. Most recently, I've cut all of the sugar from my diet (for a while) just to get myself back on track. My very favorite "sweet" thing right now, which I'm eating daily, is fresh berries (yay Sam's Club!) with low fat yogurt. Totally satisfies my sweet tooth now that I'm not eating candy and cokes and cookies anymore.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote