Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #31  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Two NSV's for me!
First I increased my weights on all the exercises during my strength training class last night, except shoulders, I can't seem to get my shoulders stronger.
And second I am wearing a pair for misses 18 pants today. I was up to a 20W and had been wearing a 18W for that last month or so.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #32  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

That's lots of inches, famogram! I can't wait to see my measurements go down. Congrats!

My NSV: I'm wearing one of my "skinny" shirts today! And it fits!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #33  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Thanks! I wasn't sure

And, CONGRATS on your skinny shirt!!!
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #34  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

wtg on the smaller sizes!!! It's a great feeling.

I have an incredible NSV today. It's a little over 1 year since my first time on a tread mill.

1 year ago I could barely walk on the treadmill. I would get shin splints. One year ago I could jog for maybe a minute before my calves were killing me. One year ago, I had to go to the elliptical to get my cardio because I was sure that my shin splints would forever keep me away from running.

Today I ran two miles on the treadmill. My legs feel fine. I actually felt a bit cheated since when I run without the treadmill two miles has at least my butt and hamstrings a bit achy. My friend who was with me last year and today was amazed. The best part is that I could have kept going, but my stubby little legs go slow and I had to go to work.

So there were go. A year ago I couldn't work out on a treadmill because I couldn't stay on it long enough. Today, I think it's actually easier than the elliptical. Whodda thunk?
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #35  

Height: 5'5"

I found this amazing skirt on clearance for $3, and decided I would buy it. Even though my weight hasn't been going down as fast as I would like, my clothes are starting to be looser. I didn't have time to try it on, and I have been wearing 12's, but the 10 looked like it would fit. I'm never a good judge of that anymore, but I decided to go with the 10 and make it a goal skirt if it didn't fit. BUT IT FIT! Actually, it's a little too loose in the waist (but not in the hips - *SIGH*) A Wal-Mart 10, but still a 10.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #36  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

laurie
That is so great. Getting into a smaller size can mean so much more than the lbs going down on the scale.

archy
See how far you have come. Story's like yours are an inspiration to us all when we don't think we will ever be able to do something.

aerot
Nice going on the skinny skirt.

switz
Hey adding more weight is a big deal.

Zen
Doesn't it feel great to see the difference in your body

gr8
So glad to hear that. Eating right isn't the only thing we have to do. Sitting down and taking time to eat and enjoy what we are eating is important too.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-05-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I was able to put on my size 24 jeans this morning and they zipped and buttoned with no problems.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I wore a pair of bike shorts in public yesterday. It may be my biggest NSV ever. LOL. I bought myself a road bike and had to suck it up and buy the shorts that went with it. Eight months ago I couldn't have even dreamed about wearing bike shorts; I don't think they make that much Spandex.

I'm not saying they won't look better 10 pounds from now, but I looked pretty normal in them. Or as normal as anybody looks wearing a pair of shorts that has a padded seat sewn into them.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #39  
No description available.

Such great NSVs!!

Congrats on the inches lost, Linda! Your hard work is paying off!

Robin! Spandex and a bike! Look out Tour de France! You are on your way!

Woot, Dawnyal, that is great about the jeans!

Congrats on the size 10, Laurie!

Archy, fantastic job on your fitness and stamina! I can't wait to see where you are next year!

I love this thread!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #40  
Rennie

Barby
Nice going on the jeans. Looks like all us Dawn's are doing really well. Must be the name Dawn lol.

Robin
I had no idea there was padding sewn into the shorts. I wondered how people could stay on those bikes so long lol. You must feel very proud of all you do.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-06-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I ovulated this month!!! Fingers crossed I get pregnant!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #42  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I sat in a room with a box of Duncan Donuts all day (9 am to 5:30 pm), was never tempted, never ate one. Didn't feel deprived.

Major NSV.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #43  
Rennie

Web
If there were a fresh glazed donut in that box, I could have never resisted that long. Nice going.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #44  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Had a great NSV today. One of my friends at work said a coworker of ours went up to her and said that it looked like I had lost a lot of weight. She said I had and he asked if I was sick cause I had lost so much. That made me laugh. And another coworker came up to me and told me that I was looking good. I've been walking around with a smile on my face not feeling grossly fat for the first time in a long while.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #45  

Yesterday as I was going around the house the hubby asked me why I was wearing pants that didn't fit (they're really loose in the butt and thighs), he suggested instead that I put on "those pants you bought that are too small". I looked at him and laughed, I was wearing those pants that I'd bought that were too small.

Also, I exercised today for the first time since December! Woot!
lyterae is offline   Reply With Quote