Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #121  
Recovering Pizza Addict

S/C/G: 273/235/150

Height: 5'4"

I've been dragging my big butt through Turbo Jam since the beginning this month. Really pushing myself, and finishing most times, but feeling like boiled death by the time I was done (only 30 minutes, and low-impact to boot!)

Today, I actually felt in control of my form. I was sweating and out of breath, but I actually felt invigorated when I was done. I really felt like I had accomplished something!
hafowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #122  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

haf
Oh I do understand. I can remember when a 1 mile walking/aerobic video was all my lungs could take. Now I do up to 3 miles with ease. Makes you feel so good when you can see how far you have come. Enjoy that feeling it goes on and on and really does help get your through the tough times.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-25-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #123  
All things are possible!!

Today, I spent 3 hours cleaning our two vehicles inside and out - instead of vegging around the house watching TV or hanging on the internet. It felt good to get that accomplished.

And this week, I also resisted another student's birthday cupcake! I know I "could" have had it, but it didn't even look yummy, so I decided not to take a bite and waste the calories.

And my most important victory was that I got back on track this week. Last week, I was ready to throw in the towel over a 2-pound weight gain, but I stuck with it. I feel good about that decision.
Havingfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #124  

Height: 5'8"

I feel a newfound energy today. I am getting lots done around the house!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #125  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

Here's a big one!! I put a spoon - covered with hot fudge - directly into the sink of soapy water. And nobody was around - so it would have been very easy to "sneak" and just stuff it in my mouth.

But then I thought - how many calories would be in that one moment, which would then, of course be ridden with guilt! So I made a deal with myself - and decided to allow myself 2 hershey kisses if I really wanted the chocolate - but that I would have to eat them with my husband. And I didn't!

Bottom line - I thought the whole thing through - and I made a choice that represents getting away from "sneaky eating". And that's the biggest success for me!!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Last weekend, we brought Chinese food over to my son & DIL's for lunch (their request). I ate won ton soup and some veggies and that was a good choice for me, instead of some things very greasy.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Beth, I LOVE your hot fudge NSV! That's a great one! I have been working on the spoon/sink thing too. When I bake I madly throw the bowl and spoons into the sink and turn on the water and squirt in some soap before I can lick them. Its like a race between my hands and my tongue.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #128  
Rennie

having
I have been doing spring cleaning. Makes me feel good to accomplish things instead of checking out the fridge all the time lol.

Tonia
You will find washing windows, going up and down stairs and ladders just don't seems as hard as they use to. It is so great for our body's to get into shape.

gr8
Oh my gosh congrats that had to be hard. I make sure I have a sink full of soapy water already made to plop anything in I don't want to push itself into my mouth lol. You know how spoons covered in cake batter can force them self into your mouth lol.

Beverly
I love animal and rice ( house fried rice it is called most places ). I have found I can make it at home in a healthy manner so we don't get take out anymore. That stuff is so darn good I can only imagine how much bad stuff is in it. Nice going on the control.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:24 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

After a full week of no exercise (due to bodily pains and other excuses), I was back in the groove today. I think if I had waited too much longer, it would have been incredibly easy to quit altogether. I'm so proud of myself for not doing that!
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 AM   #130  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

I meant to post this on Sat, but I think I have finally conquered the bagel demon! And, as usual, it was all in my head!

Now on Saturdays at work I allow myself to eat a whole grain bagel with the insides scooped out with PB. And I fit it into my plan, and I don't feel guilty!!!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #131  

Height: 5'7"

I have one. I have been dieting and exercising for one month today. I took my measurements and I have lost inches. The most amazing thing is when I took my blood pressure this morning I noticed my cuff is no longer tight when i pump it up. Plus my heart rate is down and my blood pressure is also.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #132  
Rennie

deb
Both of those things are terrific and much more important than the numbers on a scale.

gr8
That is terrific. There is nothing we can't have. We just have to put it in the plan we allow our selfs.

Lisa
I am sure everyone of us understands what you are saying. Sometimes we just have to DO IT.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #133  

I am sick. Worse - my kids are sick, so I have been getting very little sleep. Plus I have pressure at work. And - so far - I have not allowed this to derail either my food or my exercise, and the scale's rewarding me. Amazing.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

So this may actually be a little scale related, but, my current weight and my goal weight are almost overlapping on my little ticker. I just noticed it. How cool is that?
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #135  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

A kind of NSV: I've noticed that I've been sleeping sooooo much better for the past few weeks, and I remember my dreams EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I don't know if it's from the exercise I've been doing, but something positive is going on in my body.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote