Old 02-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #136  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Laurie
When times are tough we find out we are even tougher. Nice going.

Robin
I did notice that. Congrats, you have to be so proud of yourself. People like you make me see I can do it and will get to where I want to be.

bigtx
I really think taking off the weight helps. I no longer need my machine at night so I don't stop breathing. It is terrific.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #137  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

I really think I'm starting to think better. Last night we had to run to the store, unexpectedly, to pick up a few space heaters - as our furnace died - and nobody could fix until today.

Anyway - instead of stopping for junk while we were out - I yelled to hubby to grab 2 "bars" (He eats Power - I eat GoLean) - and I grabbed 2 apples - and off we went! Dinner on the go does not need to be an excuse to eat badly!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #138  
Rennie

gr8
That is great. Feels good when you make good choices.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Today I called my mom and told her that as much as I love receiving shaloch mones (gifts of food for an upcoming Jewish holiday), I'm trying to keep sweets out of the house. I asked that if she was going to send it, to please not send chocolates and cookies.

It was hard to ask, because my family has a very strong shaloch mones tradition. Growing up, every year my parents and I used to bake and assemble the delivery boxes, and usually I got to decorate them... I didn't want to offend my parents, or look like I was rejecting the tradition. My mom, bless her, just asked, "What kinds of things would work better?"

This was a totally proactive NSV, because I know I would have eaten the hamentashen (special cookies) if they had actually come all the way from NY for me. This way I get the best of both worlds.
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #140  
Rennie

Lisa
Good for you and great for your mother understanding.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

I bought a new pair of jeans the other day... and they're a size 8! I am firmly in a 10 with most cuts, but these..
well, i couldn't NOT buy them, they fit so well.
with the exception of my HS graduation dress - which was a size 6 and not pants - i have never in my life owned a piece of clothing with a single digit size.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #142  
beth

Karmuz - that is so exciting!!

Shy - I have to thank you for being such a great supporter!!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #143  
Rennie

gr8
You are one of the people on this site that makes me smile. You make me see how far I have come when I just don't see it. I see strength in you when you don't see it yourself and in turn, I see strength in myself.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Tonight I went out to one of my favorite mom-and-pop Italian places, and I ordered one of my favorite things on the menu, a calzone.

I can hear you asking, "That's a victory??" But it was. It was a huge victory, because I proved to myself that I can still eat the foods I love without succumbing to the all-or-nothing mentality. I had a salad to start, didn't eat any of the garlic bread, and when the meal came I cut my calzone in half and decided to bring a full half home with me. And so I did.

I ate slowly, and I really enjoyed my meal, and I didn't let a wonderful off plan entree send me spiralling into an off-plan night. And I didn't spend the rest of the night berating myself for eating and enjoying it. I feel pretty good about that.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:29 AM   #145  
beth

Lisa - that is a HUGE success!! Because that's what I believe will be the thing that makes it work forever.

I had a bigger lunch yesterday, and then made up for it by just having cauliflower & hummus for dinner. Then, when I got home, and was still hungry, I had an extra piece of fruit! All in all - I think the day was a success
Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 AM   #146  

S/C/G: S278/C227/G150

Height: 5'9"

I can climb the half-mile of hill behind my house with stopping once! And I can even do a little bit of a jog just before I reach the top... couldn't do that 20lbs ago!

And, I had my first "have you lost weight?" notice yesterday. Someone other than my DH has noticed. Woo hoo!
wanderingfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #147  
Rennie

Wandering
Sounds like you are doing great. Bet it made you feel good that someone noticed.

gr8
That is exactly the way to do it.

Lisa
That is a huge victory. There is no reason to do without. We just have to eat within reason. Just because we have something we don't normally have doesn't mean we have to go hog wild. Nice going on letting yourself have something you really like, you don't have very often and enjoying it.