Old 01-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #1  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Default NSV! Out with the not so old, in with the not so new

Last January 2007 (or so) I bought a size pair 50 blue jeans. Periodically I would pull them out to try them on On 3/4/07 (yeah the date is correct) I learned that I not only fit in them, but they were a little loose. At this point I changed my entire wardrobe, which consisted of 3XL shirts, and sweats, and bought 1XL shirts, and size 48 pants. In October, I had to buy a new pair of pants for my new job. These were 42's.

The past few months friends have been encouraging me to buy new clothes, but my checkbook never warranted that. I finally came into some cash, and bough size 42's, and medium shirts at Wal-Mart...blowing about 100 bucks. Didn't try anything on (what man would?!?). That evening I found the pants werwe kinda loose. I thought about keeping them anyway, but then realized I needed to downgrade, as this weight loss will continue. At this point I roas by a thrift store (on the way to the gym). I though "what-if?" I NEVER was able to find clothes there. As soon as the large sizes came in, they would be snapped up in a heartbeat. Well...there was a clearance rack full of 50c clothes. I snagged all the pants. 40's, 38's, a few 36's and a 30 And a assortment of M-XL shirts.

40's were snug. 38's nope (reminded me of last year trying to fit into the 50). 36 is my ultimate goal. 30:
  1. Threw away as it was a mistake. I'll NEVER fit into those!
  2. If I ever do fit into a 30, I will want something nicer, not a 50c thrift store clearance item!

Now I am in a predicament. I replaced my clothes in my closet. What do I do with the rest? I'll never wear them again. They are too nice to discard. Dont really have any fat friends who would benefit.

By the way, I will be going back to Wal-Mart tonight, and get my money back on the clothes

Last edited by FresnoBeeDude; 01-29-2008 at 09:11 AM.
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations!

Take the old clothes to a consignment store, or donate them to a thrift store like Goodwill or Salvation army so that someone else can have them.

Or, try craigslist.org
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Wow, what a good dillemma to have!!

You could always give them to the thrift store again....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

First of all, congratulations are in order! Awesome work ^^

About the clothes, why not give them to a thrift store or even a shelter? There are people of all sizes who need a little help finding clothes they can afford.

And again, simply fantastic going down sizes like that!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Great work Fresno. It's so thrilling, isn't it?!?!?!

I got rid of all of my old clothes, excpet for 2 or 3 skirts (I couldn't wear pants when I was so heavy) and a couple of shirts. I want to keep them as a reminder of where I used to be and where I don't ever want to go again. The rest of the stuff I gave to charity. I even had clothing with price tags still on it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations!!! Do you have a local YMCA that houses men or a local shelter you could donate to? That would be fabulous.

Congratulations on your success. What a tremendous achievement.
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've been given some wonderful ideas.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

congratulations, how fun is this?
I just did a wardrobe overhaul last weekend and got rid of all the big stuff I was still wearing.
We deserve to wear clothes that fit after all that hard work!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 AM   #9  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Great work Fresno. It's so thrilling, isn't it?!?!?!

I got rid of all of my old clothes, excpet for 2 or 3 skirts (I couldn't wear pants when I was so heavy) and a couple of shirts. I want to keep them as a reminder of where I used to be and where I don't ever want to go again. The rest of the stuff I gave to charity. I even had clothing with price tags still on it.
I forgot to mention this as well. I had a favorite outfit (dark grey sweats - 64", and a 3XL blue shirt). I kept that for before/after pictures (thats the same sweats I have in my avatar). Also gave a set of similar clothing to my trainer, so she can use them as props or whatever. When pulling out my "old" clothes, I could not get rid of a few select t-shirts. Like the 3XL I got when I finished my 1st 5mile walk for ADA (diabetes), and a couple others. Heck, I even downsized my gym attire!

I can't wait till I am maintaining, and not have to worry about clothing.

Thanks to all the suggestions. Our YMCA doesn't have the men's shelter. we no longer have a consignment shop. I think I may ask around at my 2 jobs if anyone wants this stuff. Gawd, I can't believe I only had this stuff for 9 months and I am tossing it!

By the way, got my money back from Wally World. No questions asked. Out of the $87, I spent nearly $60 on cat food (is Fancy Feast a healthy choice?) and a couple things of whey protein. Oh yeah, and 2 12 pks (for $5!) of Diet Chocolate Cherry Dr Pepper - never liked chocolate flavored drinks, but this is way yummy!

Last edited by FresnoBeeDude; 01-30-2008 at 03:15 AM.
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations! Clothing NSVs are my favorite. I can't wait until I have more of them.

Diet Chocolate Cherry Dr. Pepper? Hmmm...I'll have to try that one. How's it taste?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:45 AM   #11  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Congrats!!! I can understand how it can be a little frustrating spending a lot of money on new clothes, then have to buy some more a few months later LOL.

I'm keeping my clothes until I reach my goal weight, then will donate it to the homeless shelter or Women in need.

As someone else said, consignment may be good too, because you can get at least some of the money back to go towards newer clothes.

Great job!
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote