3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Shoe sizes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/132611-shoe-sizes.html)

timkerbelle 01-27-2008 12:14 AM

Shoe sizes

I have noticed as I have gained weight that my feet have gotten significantly bigger. It makes sense of course, added pressure on them as well as more padding.
What I'm wondering is - does it go back to how it was when you get lighter again? I would love to have my small feet back - its so easy to find nice shoes on sale then :p

LittleMissMotivation 01-27-2008 12:46 AM

Do you mean width or length? I wouldn't think they would grow in length, though sometimes they'll grow a tiny bit during pregnancy.. If they grow in length (which would be weird if you're over your teens), that would be strange - I wouldn't think they'd shrink back smaller.. But if they're just fatter, they should slim down.

Maybe the width has just changed so you need a bigger shoe even though the length of the foot hasn't changed.. Like I'll see a difference in small clothes that still technically "fit" but ride up like a belly shirt since I'm taking up more volume.

RoyalAthena 01-27-2008 02:11 AM

Well, I used to wear a size 9 1/2 - 10 Wide. Now, I wear a size 9M...sometimes a 8 1/2. A couple of weeks ago I put on a pair of 9 1/2 Wide heels that I hadnt tried on in quite some time and they were gushing off my feet. If I were to keep them I would have to get padding put in them to keep them on. For me, I think my feet shrank all over....I'm not sure if they are finished. I hope so because I REALLY like all the new heels I bought ;)

melekalikimaka 01-27-2008 02:32 AM

My "normal" shoe size at a normal weight would be a size 9M. Being pregnant, and then staying big for years after, my feet were a 9-1/2W or 10M. I know that I had at least a couple of pairs of leather shoes that I could not wear once I lost some weight, since they were stretched out and way too big afterward. So I would say yes, if you lose a significant amount of weight, your feet would probably get smaller, at least width-wise.

I had a weird problem recently. I always buy New Balance shoes for exercise and I could always but a 9-1/2W right off the store shelf without trying them on and they would fit like a dream. I have probably bought at least 10 pairs like this. But just last month, I had a brand new pair which after I wore once, hurt my feet like heck. I realized the shoes were a tad too big and my feet were slipping and there was creasing in the toe area when I walked. This really bummed me out because I really love NB shoes. I took the pair back to the store and luckily they exchanged them for me for a regular 9-1/2M. I don't know if this was a freak occurence or if my feet have actually gotten less wide after losing a bit of weight :shrug: :lol:

twirlandswirl 01-27-2008 02:35 AM

I have and always HAD really wide feet. I grew up in Hawaii, never really wearing shoes all the often, so my feet grew without popular Western constraint. To this day, I still rarely wear more than flip flops. So, I assume my feet will always be wide. (I wear an 8.5 W, by the way.)

However, my feel are... tall? I guess that's the best way to put it. I can't stuff them into cute shoes without pudge muffin-topping over, so hopefully THAT will go away.

twirlandswirl 01-27-2008 02:36 AM

Interestingly, I notice I posted this just below someone else from Hawaii! I should read the whole thread before I post....

its my time 01-27-2008 02:38 AM

Yes your feet do gain and lose weight also I use 2 be a 10-11, now I am a 8-9,

denialisnthappiness 01-27-2008 03:00 AM

Yup. I'm going on UK sizes here but I used to be around an eight/eight and a half - now I can fit into sixes! I've never had 'little' feet before :o

JayEll 01-27-2008 06:41 AM

I don't know--as people age, their feet and hands keep growing. I used to be a 7-1/2 and now I'm a 9 or 9-1/2. Losing weight didn't seem to change this. I also have a narrow foot, and that didn't change either.

Jay

vek 01-27-2008 08:47 AM

I used to be a 4, now I'm almost a 6! In a way, is better, cause is not easy to find nice shoes in 4.:dizzy:

Meg 01-27-2008 08:56 AM

I lost between 1/2 and a whole size in length and went from a W to M width. :)

It's a shame because I have beautiful dress shoes that are too big now. I've bought insoles for them to try to make them fit and even stuffed tissues in the toes of my shoes for DD's wedding. :lol:

suesully 01-27-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twirlandswirl (Post 2021970)
However, my feel are... tall? I guess that's the best way to put it. I can't stuff them into cute shoes without pudge muffin-topping over, so hopefully THAT will go away.

I love how you put that! :D That was my biggest problem in that I had to wear those ballerina type flats or lace-ups with the laces way loose to fit. I hated that.

It's true that as you age that your feet flatten somewhat & get bigger. I'm wondering if my weight also helped that along as they don't seem to be getting smaller size wise but I don't need the extra wide width & I don't have pudgy toes & puffy feet tops anymore.

nelie 01-27-2008 09:06 AM

I used to be a size 10.5/11 W, now I'm a 9/9.5 W. I need my width to go down but it hasn't. My shoe size has definitely shrunk though.

tingirl 01-27-2008 09:34 AM

Yep mine went down as well. I used to wear 8 - 8 1/2 W and now I wear a comfortable 7 1/2 in most shoes.

bargoo 01-27-2008 10:08 AM

When you gain weight you gain weight all over. I used to wear size 8 shoe and sometimes size 9 now I wear 7 1/2.Your ring size will be smaller,too.