3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What do you do when you are bored and use to eating when bored? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/132571-what-do-you-do-when-you-bored-use-eating-when-bored.html)

Smiling_Sara 01-26-2008 02:38 PM

What do you do when you are bored and use to eating when bored?

I'm completely bored today. I have a couple things on my list to get done but if I get them done right away I will have a night with nothing to do. I know I'm not hungry but I'm craving something anyway, and I think it's because I'm bored. So, tell me, what do you do when you are bored and use to filling that bordem with food??

Beverlyjoy 01-26-2008 02:41 PM

This is a good question. Things I do when I am bored:

get on the computer
read
listen to music
go thru catalogues (paper & computer)
call friends
watch Tv
garden
go outside and enjoy the view
visit a friend
shop
meditate
do paperwork for my job
dance around

modkittn 01-26-2008 02:51 PM

The short answer is that I find something else to fill my time with! I come on 3FC, go for a walk, do errands/chores that I had been putting off, etc. Once you get yourself busy doing something else, the thoughts of food magically disappear (that is unless you were truly hungry :))

Zen Pharmacy 01-26-2008 03:04 PM

Either fortunately, or unfortunately for my husband, when I get reeeaaaally bored (or sick of doing school work) I either completely rearrange all the furniture in the house or reorganize the bookshelves, cd shelves, or the dvds. Or the kitchen cabinets. Or the closets.

I think my bored self is a neat freak.

denialisnthappiness 01-26-2008 03:20 PM

I read pretty much every new post on 3fc :o that and today when bored I went and checked the tyre pressures on my car. I have 'to do lists' like backup photos etc... but they're such laborious tasks I keep putting them off :o

adaem 01-26-2008 04:02 PM

Read
Scrapbook
go to Walmart or Target and just walk around looking at things that I want some day to redecorate my house

Some good books if you are into reading:
the Twighlight series by Stephenie Meyers:carrot:(my favorite!!)
The 5 People You Meet In Heaven (very short and easy read)
Little Earthquakes (this is good if you have kids or are ever planning to)
The Timetravelers Wife

Jennifer 3FC 01-26-2008 04:16 PM

I clean house (actually, folding laundry is my #1 diversion), drink hot tea, and check in on 3FC.

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-26-2008 04:53 PM

This seems to be a common problem for many people; was just talking about this topic in another forum ... lol! I do similar stuff as mentioned; and when I'm not doing housework, laundry, bills, errands, yard chores, cooking, or shopping, I ...

-- play on my pc (including games)
-- come to 3FC's and read posts
-- do easy crossword puzzles
-- do searchawords online and at home
-- go for a stroll or ski-walking
-- go for a drive to a nearby lake
-- read a good book, magazine, catalogue
-- read the bible and do devotionals
-- write poems and songs
-- play piano for fun only
-- take pics with my digital camera
-- listen to music and/or dance around the house
-- call, write, or visit a friend or family member
-- rent a cottage and go there for awhile
-- gardening each year; food and flowers
-- look after my pets (grooming; playing; walking)
-- swimming, horseshoes, plant trees, etc
-- paint or draw something ... anything
-- sort a closet or something else (last resort)
-- oh yah, I forgot to mention that I crochet too!

ADAEM ~ read THE TRAVELER'S GIFT and 5 PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN; both are very good. Plus 90 MINUTES IN HEAVEN; SOUP FOR THE SOUL BOOKS; AND ANY BARBARA JOHNSON HUMOR BOOKS (ie Put a Geranium in your Hat and Be Happy, Daily Splashes of Joy, Put a Geranium in your Cranium, and Laughter From Heaven, to name but a few).

:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

FluffeyNutter 01-26-2008 08:28 PM

When I get bored I can't watch tv, I have to find something to occupy my hands and mind. So I like to clean or come to these forums and respond to as many threads as I can find. I can't eat if I'm typing and looking thru everyone's before and afters.

Trazey34 01-26-2008 09:14 PM

heheh almost every single person i know has received a hand-knit scarf :) heheh I'm terrible at it, but it keeps my hands busy.

crossword puzzles are good too

2beautiful2Bfat 01-26-2008 11:10 PM

come on 3FC!!!

Jen 01-28-2008 10:31 PM

I find that getting right out of the house is usually the best answer, going for a walk usually gets me out of that mind frame that I want to eat even when I am not hungry.

Gale02 01-28-2008 11:35 PM

I agree that getting out of the house usually does it for me. Go for a walk (do you have a dog? They love walks), take a bike ride, play football or basketball with someone.

If I can't get out of the house, which is almost always on my schedule, I find something else to do and make myself NOT eat while doing it. I read, watch movies, knit, cross stitch (this is a good one since you can't eat and do this at the same time or you'll ruin your project), clean house, re-decorate a room. I always make sure to have a big bottle of water with me when I want to boredom-eat and whenever I get the urge I drink some. Then I have to pee about a million times a night, but that also distracts me from eating. ;)

Shy Moment 01-29-2008 12:48 AM

I, like many people read posts and post replys. If I sit and watch tv I want to snack, when I do watch tv I have a plate of celery cut up to munch on. I clean a lot but then I have always cleaned a lot lol. When it is nice out I mow the grass, weed and take hours weed eating the fence line.

Moosegirl 01-29-2008 03:34 AM

At the moment its play on the Nintendo DS like a crazy woman until the craving passes!