Old 01-25-2008, 05:50 AM   #1  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Default after hours of swimming should i take a few days off??

I'm posting this here and in exercise forum you guys know more about losing at my weight and they might know more about exercise lol

OK today i went to my parents hour with the kids for a swim we spent all day in the pool again and i did 300 laps (30 ft pool)and played with the kids for hours. we were in there from about 11 till almost 6 pm .. Now the question is ... the last time we went swimming Saturday last week i was starving the next day and i have not lost any weight this week ..

So i am wondering if i rest will that help with the weight loss? last week i went straight back to my 1 hour workout ( elliptical and aerobics combination) the next day and have done it all week apart from yesterday when i went for a 2 hour walk instead .. so what do you think?? I was very tired and hungry Sunday last week and assuming tomorrow will be the same so should i just rest or still workout? I want to lose weight this week.. lol . what do you think?
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Amy. Have you taken a day off from exercise this week? Are you feeling drug out or exhausted? If you're feeling okay, then I see no reason to not workout again. If you're like me, this would keep me from overindulging. You mention being extremely hungry. Are you eating enough protein and healthy fats? Are you eating at least 1200 calories a day? If you feel like you're absolutely starved and might go off plan, maybe you can plan some healthy added snacks/mini-meals for the day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #3  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

rhonda i stick between 1800- 1900 calories as best i can , i ate healthy yesturday but my protien was lower then usual. 20% ( 94 grams). i will make sure i get more today. as far as healthy fats i had half an avocado with dinner last night i think that is a healthy fat??

I will get some fresh salmon out for dinner tonight and cook an egg for breakfast . Last sunday i was starving i ate over 2000 calories in the end but it was all healthy food , i just couldn't fill up lol.. today atm im not even hungry and it 8 30 am so time will tell.. I am however very tired so i might skip the workout.. or maybe do 30 minutes instead of the hour
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #4  

Wow 300 laps of the pool is impressive... I would say if you feel okay go with it, just remember to keep drinking lots of water along the way and perhaps regular snacks to keep your energy levels up! I am sure you will see a good loss soon!
Moosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #5  

I swim and that is one of those workouts that is good to do every day. I used to do that many laps when I was a member at the gym but now I can't afford it so I don't swim . Working out always makes me hungary so after I workout, I save a high protein drink or snack and that usually works. It's also good for those growing muscles!!

Blessings
bella23 is offline   Reply With Quote