I'm a newbie and need all the support I can get!

• Hey, I am new to 3FC, however not new to dieting!! Obviously, the dieting never worked in the past or I wouldn't be here right now. Anyway, once upon a time I was skinny and fit and in the last 10 years have continued to gain weight and now I am at 229 lbs. I have had a lot of health problems in the past and realize that I need to get healthy before starting a family. I could use all the support I can get!!!
  • to 3FC, I'm glad to have you here!

• Welcome, you sure have come to the right place for support/motivation/advice!
  • welcome i'm new too and this place has already become a home for me.
    you'll find lots of support and encouragement here.

good luck, i'm sure you can do it!
  • Welcome.
    Here's an important question. Do you remember when you were thin how you thought about food? Do you remember passing by treats you wanted? and it wasn't that hard? Do you remember food not being "that" important? You can get back to that place and then losing weight will be a fairly easy thing.
  • Welcome to 3FC! I am sure your going to love the support from this place!
  • Do you have a plan or any goals set out? I'd love to hear your plans so we can cheer you on you really can do this...I was new not long ago and have gone from thinking it was impossible to having faith it WILL be done...so hang around!
  • I don't remember and I think that is because food wasn't that important to me. I never really thought about it. I hope I can get back there again!!!
  • Glad you are here!! Can't wait to get to know you!!

• h9i and welcome we are glad to have you here read over the posts and decide what is the right plan for you .. i personally am a calorie counter i looked up in the web my daily calorie needs to maintain my current weight and took off 500-600 - calories so i eat 1800-1900 cals a day atm but will adjust down as i go down lol.. i keep track of my calories on fitday.com on the free online software very handy