Old 01-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus - January 20 - 27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome! Do you need some accountability? A place to list your plan? A place to list your menu? Support? This is the place to get it!!! We can do this!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #2  

Hi folks - I don't feel so shaky with my food plan and determination for health. I've put together several really strong days and feel grateful for that.

I realized that I was living for the scale recently instead of living for my life and long term sanity with food. I am stepping back from the scale and am going to try and only weigh every couple of weeks. I don't know if I can do it.

I also realized that when I got my triglycerides down to 176 (from 508) - my incentive was "gone" in a way. As if...sane healthy eating isn't good enough. So, now I am focussing on keeping good lab numbers in mind, a sane relationship with food and the scale, meditation and trying to feel good.

After working this week...my back's sore again .so, I think I'll go back to the doc to get it checked.

Today's plans

pay the bills
meditation
water, water, water
ice and heat
stretches
hang with hubby

Food -

breakfast - egg white scramble, peanut butter toast, peaches
snack - cooked up flax
lunch - cottage cheese and banana, broccolli & parm cheese, crackers
snack - apple, crackers
dinner - pot roast, carrots, potatoes, onions
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

Ginger - "paying close attention to my body" - wow, that is very cool!

cckayac - I love aqua workouts too. Wonderful!

Purple - sorry to hear you are struggling a bit. SO glad your hubby is home. You have a good attitude. My hubby was gone for two weeks working - it's hard for me to not want to just sit in the same room as him when he gets back.

I hope you all have a good an healthful day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-20-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I DID IT!!!! I DID IT!!!!!

I was absolutely shocked to step on the scale this AM and see it down to 131.2! That is only a lb. from last week...BUT 131 is my 10% goal and I am there! I have lost 10% of my starting weight and have earned my first reward package I'm going right now to get the Biggest Loser Cookbook out of my closet (made myself wait until the reward was earned) and when my Jillian DVDs come in I can actually do them, instead of putting them up! I can't wait to shop for a pair of jeans and see what size fits me now I never thought I would make it this far, so I am proud of myself.

Now, I am close to 230 so I have hopes of 2 lb for tomorrow, but if not that is okay. I am just happy I reached this goal. Now...onward to 20%.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
I realized that I was living for the scale recently instead of living for my life and long term sanity with food.

I also realized that when I got my triglycerides down to 176 (from 508) - my incentive was "gone" in a way. As if...sane healthy eating isn't good enough. So, now I am focussing on keeping good lab numbers in mind, a sane relationship with food and the scale, meditation and trying to feel good.
:
I am so glad you feel more solid with the eating now. I really relate to living for the scale instead of living your life...but for me it is living for food instead of really living each day. My focus used to just be food every single day: what am I going to eat next, how much $$ do I have to spend at the grocery store, what's on sale and how many sweets can I buy without hubby noticing, etc. But you made me realize things have changed in this regard.

As I read what you typed I realized I don't do any of that anymore! I don't worry about grocery shopping, heck some weeks I don't even do it at all, and that used to be the very first thing every payday. I focus more on planning workouts than meals and don't buy sweets at all. We load up on veggies instead, which is a HUGE change. Thanks for helping me realize this progress I never noticed happening.

Can you come up with another goal since the trig. are down? I have no idea what it would be since my moitivating goals are scale goals...but maybe something with exercise?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #5  

Purple - first of all....congrats on your weight loss - you'll be at your 10% in a blink!

I am glad that you've had such a positive change in your relationship with food. That is wonderful - such good progress.

Your statement - "but for me it is living for food instead of really living each day." really made me think. I do live for food and think about it alot. (probably too much). I think planning my menu ahead has helped me in that - once it's planned - then I don't have to think about it quite as much.

Don't get me wrong...my goal is still to lose the weight! But - I really want it to be part of the picture. In the past - it's just about that number - the scale ruled my head (that's me) - I can't do that any more. I want the number to go down, of course - but, I want it to be part of the whole life plan. That's alot to ask of myself. I keep plodding along.

This week in my Eating & Emotions class - our homework is to write down our food that we eat - is it good, bad, do we feel joy, guilt, or nothing etc. WOW - it really makes me realize how much I measure my food by these standards. Can I have a peice of dark chocolate and really enjoy it without guilt? I scrutinize my food alot often - unless I am binging...then sometimes I just don't care.

Goodness, I am rambling!

As for a new goal - I want to exercise more. Recently - I am dealing with some physical problems with my foot and back. The foot doctor says - no weight baring exercises. The back doctor says no upper body. But, I must just look at this as a bump in the road. Things will improve with time. I am going back to my doctor to have her figure out why my back still hurts and what we can do next.

My goal is to keep those lab numbers healthy and keep a "happy face" on my pancreas. Poor thing has gone thru alot with me.

I'll carry on.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-20-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'll get caught up w/ you all tomorrow, but just wanted to let you know that we are back. We were caught in a nasty storm for at least an hour....literally drove about 2mph...luckly there were some good drivers in front of us, so we just followed there tracks! Not long after we made it through the bad part, they closed a portion of the highway. SO glad we did not get stranded somewhwere!

Food choices, while not terrible, were not the best this weekend. It's ok though I didn't totally blow it--I actually stayed away from all the pie, cupcakes, cookies, etc my mother in law baked 'for us'.....she meant well, but just doesn't get it! I did drink LOTS of water, which is always good!

Can't wait to sleep in our own bed tonight! Chat w/ you tomorrow!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #7  

Glad you are home safe, mj!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone!

Okay, so last night was great...nice to get away with hubby and get out with some friends. We went to a local restaurant, and I ordered a chicken wrap with fries and water. I ate most of the wrap, and a few fries. Then my friend and I went to the movies while the guys went home to play guitar hero. We went to see Mad Money and it was nice and light, and kinda funny, and just what I needed! I haven't been to a movie theater in at least a year. I asked if I can substitute water for the pop and she said "sorry no substitutions" like I was a loser. So I ordered the medium popcorn and a water...the difference when she rung it up? .25 cents. Oh for goodness sakes!! .25 cents is better for my health!!!!!!! Anyhow, ended up eating only 1/2 bag of popcorn, which compared with my previous large popcorn (I could eat the whole thing, pop and junior mints) ...I felt I did not too badly.

So overall, eating wise - they weren't the best picks of the restaurant ( I could have ordered a salad instead) and I did eat the popcorn, but I DO feel really good about my choices. In the past I might have also arrived early for the movie, eaten a poutine from NY fries before getting my popcorn and settling in with the pop and junior mints. YOWSERS!

Yes, beverlyjoy - I am paying close attention to what my body is saying today,and so far I didn't do too badly - no major cravings (other than a HUGE craving to actually go out and walk) and I ate on plan.

I did take the kids with me this time in the huge triple stroller, pushing 3 - 29lb kids around.....my arms are going to pay tomorrow!!! I can feel the tension in my shoulders. It's a lot of weight to push around these hilly roads. I can honestly say while I didn't walk as FAST as I normally would without kids, I certainly got a workout pushing the kids. I don't think I've used the stroller for over a year, since they can walk, but I did ask them if they would help mommy "exercise" and they were glad to come with me. So I got about 60 minutes in of good cardio.

Now I'm sipping tea, ready to watch my reality TV.

Night everyone!
Ginger

Last edited by kissingginger; 01-20-2008 at 11:37 PM.
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #9  

Hi folks - I had a healthy day yesterday and I am grateful! I am done with my meditation and here is my plan for today:

ice & heat
storytelling jobs
take car in for a radiator flush
journal food
stretches
meditation again if time
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich open face, veggies and light dip
snack - yogurt, flax, cereal
dinner - pancakes, sf syrup, turkey bacon, tomato
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

MJ5 - so glad your home safe and sound. Good for you avoiding so many of the goodies you were faced with. That's a big accomplishment!

Ginger - I am glad you and hubby had date night!! Fun. Eating less is an accomplishment. We take positive changes any way we can. And that big walk with the huge stroller. Good for you!

I am planning on a Great day.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #10  

Ginger--I wouldn't worry about it being a slower walk, you added a great upper arm workout to it and I bet you burned even more calories than a fast walk with your arms just pumping or hanging. Don't you just love those exercise cravings? Those are occurring more often then cravings for food...what a huge shocker, never thought that would happen to ME

Beverly--Glad to hear you had another good day yesterday. I know you'll make today just as healthy.

I am down another 3 lb. today...which was a surprise since I was the same most of the week, went down just 1 yesterday. But it's okay...I'll take 3

We went last minute to take mawmaw out for her birthday last night. Her favorite place is this greasy little fish place...ya know, one of those mom and pop places where you can smell the grease before you walk in the door. I have never liked these places, but it wasn't my choice. Luckily, I had a lot of calories left for the day. I ordered the grilled chicken breast, the only thing on the menu not fried, and for sides got a salad (which was actually just a bowl of lettuce...literally) and onion rings. I ate the chicken frist, then some of the lettuce, then had 2 big onion rings. I know I was under calories for the day but stopped there. I felt one more ring and I would eat them all...and there was a LOT of them. So I just stopped, came home and put in another 2 hour workout until my stomach calmed down.

My stomach doesn't handle greasy foods that well anymore I really felt horrible just from those 2 rings, so I learned my lesson. I felt I did really well though. Just smelling all the grease while everyone else ate these huge plates of fried crap about made me sick.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! Hope everyone is doing well today! I packed my lunch today...too cold to even want to go out and pick something else up! I did a one mile watp dvd this am. I plan on going to the gym right after work--arms/shoulder w/ weights and some cardio. I talked to my younger brother last week and he said he would be happy to go to the gym w/ me again and show me some new stuff to do. Can't wait for that!

On our way home yesterday, hubby and I stopped at a shoe store (once we were close to home, the sun was shining and there was hardly any snow!) because we both needed new sneakers. Him for work and me for working out at home. He found three pair on clearance that were really inexpensive. Since he wears a size 14 and it is always so hard to find shoes for him, we bought all 3! I found a good pair for me...I am hoping that will help my knee/foot. We'll see. My knee is still acting up and I know I need to call to get an appt, but I keep putting it off....
Rakel--Great news about the job(s)!!!! What a fantastic position to be in!

Beverlyjoy--Your class sounds really interesting! Good for you for stepping away from the scale--if that is what it does to you, then it is best to stay away from it! It sounds like you have a great 'new' plan!Hang in there w/ all of your aches and injuries---unfortunately, I understand all too well!

cckayac--Hanging a picture in your car is a great idea! I refuse to cook two meals. I have adapted our meals to make healthier versions of some of our favorites. I must admit, there are times when I will just make something the 'old' way (like mac and cheese...although I use whole wheat pasta)....I just keep my portion under control and make sure the sides are healthy. Luckily, my hubby has adapted well!

Purplefirefly--I would certainly not call you lazy!!! Enjoy your time w/ your family. That is SUPER important! You can pick up the exercise once hubby goes back on the road. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Rhonda--How are you?

Nicole--Hope you are doing well!

kissingginger--Great job!

I have to get going, I'm sure I'll pop in later!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning and Happy Monday!

Today is weigh-in day for me and I've lost 1.6 pounds! I love starting off my weeks with a loss!

Beverly - I understand about the scales starting to take over. Seems like the scales are a problem for a lot of people. Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you again. Hopefully, it will clear up soon.
Purple - Congratulations on reaching you 10% loss! And, for your 3 pound loss!
MJ- So glad you got home safely. And, great job with avoiding the baked goodies!
Ginger - Great job with staying on-plan during your evening out!

Everyone' committment to staying on-plan during special night outs and visits,etc, is very inspiring. On Saturday, I had my first ladies night with he neighborhood ladies. We played Bunko and had finger foods. I planned ahead to stay on-plan, but crashed and burned at the party. We will be having these parties once a month, so I need to plan better and make a better committment for the next one. You all have set a great example for me to follow.

Today, I'll be hitting the treadmill every day and strength training. Plus, I'll begin following Jillian Michael's plan and varying my calorie ranges each day. Hopefully, I can begin posting regular weekly losses of 2-3 pounds. And, reach my goal of 150 sometime this year!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Hi MJ! We posted at the same time.

I hope the new shoes help the knee. I've been having some twinges, too. Nothing that keeps me off the treadmill. Hopefully, that won't happen this time. I'm still taking the Osteo-Biflex. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Hope you have a marvelous day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Hi everyone
I hope you don't mind if I join in?
Beverly your meal plans look delicious and healthy what type of plan are you doing? How do you make the cooked flax? Does it taste good? Can you tell more about your class? It sounds so interesting!

ginger do you have triplets? I have a double (Mountasin buggy) And push a 20 lb baby and 25 lb preschooler and fell like that is alot let alone 3 29 lb kids!!!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #15  
mj5

Rhonda--Great job on the loss! Your ladies night sounds fun! I hope the sneakers work too...I bought the same ones I wear (and leave) at the gym, so hopefully they will do the trick!

2beautiful--Welcome!!!

I almost forgot!!! I remembered to weigh in this am.....down 2lbs!!! Need to change my ticker!!! I am very excited, especially after last week!!!