congratulations alliesmom....
keep up the good work
michelle
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 11''

AWESOME!!
Its stories like yours that really help me stick with it. Great job!!!
Ericah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #18  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

alliesmom
You are an inspiration
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Last edited by jay41; 01-20-2008 at 02:51 PM.
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #19  

Height: 5'8"

CONGRADULATIONS

Wow..you are my hero today!!!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #20  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Congratulations!!! That is really awesome and you must feel so proud!!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #21  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for all of your encouragement. Sometimes it feels like we are all alone on this battle to lose weight. I still have more to lose, but I never thought I would be able to get this far. Everyones kind words mean a lot and I appreciate your support. I wish everyone else luck on their journeys as well. Thanks again!
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #22  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile WOO HOO FOR YOU Alliesmom00

Again, congrats on this major milestone for you on your journey to becoming the YOU you were created and meant to be.

I guess, I have been so excited about being able to move down the sizes and wear clothes that I used to wear and haven't been able to wear in a couple of years that I haven't thought about that. I have lost 59 lbs total since 2004. I had to take some time off because of lingering illness before I could resume my weight lose journey. I have never felt better physically and emotionally. I feel like pinching myself. I re-started my diet and exercise program this past fall.

I am glad that you shared this with us because it gives me some time to think about what I will or won't do during that time. I am 31 lbs away from Onederland and if things go as I hope they will that could be by summer time. I feel fortunate that although I have been morbidly obese for 25 years I was a normal weight up to that time and I know and have pictures of me when I was that weight and size. I used to wonder if I would ever look like that again. Now, I believe that I will.

I guess, I would liken losing a lot of weight to winning the lottery or suddenly becoming famous. There is going to be new issues that you will have to deal with as you pass through and become settled in your new life. I have already noticed that other people seem to be approaching me more and are friendlier to me. I am a very shy and private person so I feel ill at ease with this. I don't always feel like being receptive back. My extra fat insulated me against social situations. I now realize that I liked that aspect of being fat. People left me alone or ignored me and I didn't mind that. I never realized that until recently. Whether we like to admit this or not, our fat served a purpose in our lives. Once it is gone, we will have to face whatever it was that we kept at arm's and body's length.

Is it possible that there is a part of you that is not accepting of this acheivement? Do you have conflicted feelings about what it means to lose 100 lbs and also be out of the 200 lbs weight range? What did those extra pounds mean to you? How did they serve you in your past? I think these are questions worth considering and possibly journaling or sharing with a close friend. It might give you some insight in why you still seem to feel bigger than you are.

For me, I can not deny that bending is so much easier that I find myself smiling even when I am by myself. I love how the seat belt fits when I buckle up in the car. I like trying on clothes and having choices. In fact, NOW, when I do see a glimpse of a butt much bigger than I would like, I grimace. I know I have work yet to do. I have an image of what I want my body to look like eventually and that is what I focus on. I am not sure if you have done this but it might help you recognize the newly emerging you.

Good luck, God bless and congrats again!

Last edited by pamatga; 01-20-2008 at 05:12 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/199

Height: 5'6"

I just wanted to add my congrats! *cheers* You are an inspiration.
quyana21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Yeehaa! I'm so happy for you.

You can change your body image. I see myself as thin because I was thin most of my browing up years. I forget that I'm cowsize now. If you take a few minutes every day to close your eyes and imagine the new you in your head, you'll eventually see yourself that way. Cognitive programming. Our thoughts and self statements got us fat in the first place, so you might as well use it to be more comfortable in your body now.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #25  

Fantastic!! Congratulations-I"m so proud of you!!!!

Hugs,
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #26  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Just to let you guys know, I started a new thread with more of my story.
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #27  

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to onderland! Wow, I'm pretty excited I can say that to someone else.
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote